• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall Xbox One Bundle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheech

Sleeve placed over box, code given at cash register. Now all systems are Titanfall bundles?

Pretty much. This is what Sony did/does with their PS3 bundles. I bought an Infamous 2 bundle with a slim, and it was just a box with Infamous artwork over a bog standard 320 gig PS3, with the game kind of jammed into the bottom.

This is even easier, as they just have to slide a digital download card into the Bone Box, and put the Titanfall sleeve over it.

I have mixed feelings on this. On one hand I hope it moves units because competition is good, and I don't want Sony to regress on their current pro-consumer stance. On the other, the Xbone is still grossly overpriced, and my kids are pissed the Plants vs Zombies game isn't on PS4. Heh. I will have an Xbone eventually, but Titanfall or no, $499 is still obnoxiously high for what you get, considering it's inferior to both my PC and PS4. I can't in good conscience spend $499 to play Plants vs Zombies and Titanfall.

It looks like a good deal, but kind of lame that you only get a digital copy and no special edition console/controller. Hopefully they'll release a different bundle that includes those?

It really doesn't make sense to throw even more money down the toilet, considering they have thousands of these things rotting in warehouses that aren't moving. The sleeve/slip in code is the most cost effective way to do this.

Also, I GREATLY prefer digital copies of games like Titanfall, that I will keep for awhile and are multi. When you share a console with several people, it's a pain to constantly remove Madden, CoD, etc. just to play 45 minutes of BF4.

Miles X

I don't understand why people think casual don't understand power diff of resolution etc?

This isn't 1990's. Casuals have cell, iPads , HDTV etc and all sell base on resolution and tech talk. They are much more savy than you guys give them credit. obviously there is a segment that might not care even with knowledge but world has change. hell my wife knows pretty much and understand basic RAM , resolution HDD etc as she owns a laptop for a while and can go shopping by herself.

It really doesn't matter to the average consumer (or heck, most gamers.) I doubt your wife knowns the difference between GDDR and DDR3 ram, if she does she's in a miniscule % of casuals that do. I've heard plenty of people say Xbox was more powerful (no idea where they got that from.)

m@cross

Hmmm decisions decisions

XB1 Titanfall bundle
Digital game (standard edition)
Headset (looks nicer than PS4 one, or buy an adapter to plug in your own)
1 month live
$500

PS4 Infamous bundle
Disc game (limited edition)
1 month plus
Headset (or plug in one of your own)
$440? Haven't found US price, but assuming it must be 10-20 less than buying both at retail

Not bad until you consider the rest of the facts;

You'll have to buy Live to keep playing Titanfall, so lets include the assumption that you buy 1 year of Live/Plus also;

Added bonus to Xbox One ($60 retail, $52 on amazon right now)
number before game indicated metacritic score
(72) Killer Instinct free (P2P limited)

Added bonus for PS4 ($50 retail)
(84) Resogun free
(56) Blacklight: Retribution free
(63) Warframe free
(76) War Thunder free
(78) Outlast free (assuming you don't wait to buy it till next month)
(73) DCUO free
(--) Dead Nation free (March rumored)
(you also could have had (59) Contrast and (77) Don't starve for free)

Ok ok, but what about the exclusives coming out before the summer?
I'd include all projected 2014 games, but anything not expected before the summer might as well say 2014-2106 release date.

XBox One
(56) Crimson Dragon
(78) Dead Rising 3
(23) Fighter Within
(80) Forza 5
(73) Killer Instinct
(--) Kinect Sports Rivals
(48) LocoCycle (also on 360/PC)
(72) Max: The Curse of Brotherhood (also on 360/PC)
(65) Powerstar Golf
(60) Ryse: Son of Rome
(--) Titanfall (also on 360/PC)
(71) Xbox Fitness
(68) Zoo Tycoon (also on PC)

PS4
(--) Basement Crawl
(56) Blacklight: Retribution (also on PC)
(59) Contrast (also on PC)
(--) Daylight (also on PC)
(73) DC Universe Online (also on PS3)
(71) Doki-Doki Universe (also on PS3)
(77) Don't Starve (also on PC)
(72) Escape Plan (also on PS3)
(--) Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (also on PS3/PC)
(70) flOw (also on PS3)
(91) Flower (also on PS3)
(--) Infamous: Second Son
(73) Killzone Shadow Fall
(54) Knack
(--) MLB 14: The Show (also on PS3)
(--) Octodad: Dadliest Catch (also on PS3)
(80) Outlast (also on PC)
(84) Resogun
(84) Sound Shapes (also on PS3)
(--) Steamworld Dig (also on PC)
(65) Super Motherload (also on PS3)
(65) Tiny Brains (also on PS3)

Games without dates but high expectations of pre summer release
Drive Club
Diablo 3 (also on PC)
Planet Side 2 (also on PC)

Ignoring the fact that many of the games both systems share have been coming out at better specs on PS4, seems you'd have to be a pretty hard core 6v6 mech inclusive FPS fan to buy a XBox One because of Titanfall. You'd also have to not care that you will soon also have a futuristic FPS MMO free to play on PS4 that allows 2000 players to battle at once (150 on screen at once most times) that includes mechs, Planet Side 2.

Hmmm decisions decisions

XB1 Titanfall bundle
1 month live
$500

PS4 Infamous bundle
1 month plus
$440? Haven't found US price, but assuming it must be 10-20 less than buying both at retail

You'll have to buy Live to keep playing Titanfall, so lets include the assumption that you buy 1 year of Live/Plus also;

(84) Resogun free
(63) Warframe free
(76) War Thunder free
(73) DCUO free

I'd include all projected 2014 games, but anything not expected before the summer might as well say 2014-2106 release date.

XBox One
(56) Crimson Dragon
(78) Dead Rising 3
(23) Fighter Within
(80) Forza 5
(73) Killer Instinct
(65) Powerstar Golf
(71) Xbox Fitness

PS4
(--) Basement Crawl
(70) flOw (also on PS3)
(54) Knack
(84) Resogun

Drive Club
Diablo 3 (also on PC)

Ignoring the fact that many of the games both systems share have been coming out at better specs on PS4, seems you'd have to be a pretty hard core 6v6 mech inclusive FPS fan to buy a XBox One because of Titanfall. You'd also have to not care that you will soon also have a futuristic FPS MMO free to play on PS4 that allows 2000 players to battle at once (150 on screen at once most times) that includes mechs, Planet Side 2.

All that effort to convince people not to buy something you don't like.

Miles X

Hmmm decisions decisions

XB1 Titanfall bundle
1 month live
$500

PS4 Infamous bundle
1 month plus

(84) Resogun free
(63) Warframe free
(76) War Thunder free
(73) DCUO free

XBox One
(56) Crimson Dragon
(78) Dead Rising 3
(23) Fighter Within
(80) Forza 5
(73) Killer Instinct
(65) Powerstar Golf
(71) Xbox Fitness

PS4
(--) Basement Crawl
(70) flOw (also on PS3)
(54) Knack
(84) Resogun

Drive Club
Diablo 3 (also on PC)

This post, SMH. Are you scared people are going to pick up Xbox One's more than you'd like?

Also if you're going to engage in pathetic list wars at least do research, you missed several XB1 games and if you think casual consumers have a clue or give a damn about those indies you're wrong. Their decisions are made up by recommendations and what they see in front of them on store shelves.

beast786

if you think casual consumers have a clue or give a damn about those indies you're wrong. Their decisions are made up by recommendations and what they see in front of them on store shelves.

Yea, casuals don't give a damn about indie. I mean look how bad minecraft BOMBA on 360. I mean the handheld/mobile market has given one lesson and that is indie games nobody cares about. hell, even in PC indie games no one gives a damn about. AAA budget or BOMBA

Cheech

Gears of War was 4 vs 4, and that was a REALLY compelling online shooter. One of my favorites from last gen. There is this myth that bigger player counts = better, and it's simply not true. If the maps and gameplay are tailored around lower player counts, it is just as compelling as something like Battlefield, which are tailored toward the other end of the spectrum.

Planetside 2 is an MMO, and hardly the same thing. You're also being generous with your assessment of "soon".

Dabanton

Holy shit at that m@cross post. I don't know whats more pathetic that he already had that post ready to go or actually spent time just writing that out either way is not flattering.

tkalamba

I don't understand why people think casual don't understand power diff of resolution etc?

This isn't 1990's. Casuals have cell, iPads , HDTV etc and all sell base on resolution and tech talk. They are much more savy than you guys give them credit. obviously there is a segment that might not care even with knowledge but world has change. hell my wife knows pretty much and understand basic RAM , resolution HDD etc as she owns a laptop for a while and can go shopping by herself.

Try working at an electronics retailer. The average consumer knows nothing. I spent years working at a Best Buy and you'd be amazed at the types of questions you would get. If everyone was knowledgeable of the products they were buying, sales people wouldn't need to exist. The average person only knows what a sales guy tells them most of the time. This is why brands like Monster Cable exist, they take advantage of the fact consumers don't know much to make money.

Miles X

Yea, casuals don't give a damn about indie. I mean look how bad minecraft BOMBA on 360. I mean the handheld/mobile market has given one lesson and that is indie games nobody cares about. hell, even in PC indie games no one gives a damn about. AAA budget or BOMBA

Minecraft has transcended indie. It's a break out hit, if you honestly think your average consumer is buying a PS4 for Octodad or w/e ... well I don't know what to tell you.

The website page is working now...$500 for basically a free copy of titanfall and. Month of live...not too shabby. Woulda made more sense to put the titanfall controller in there though.

Tadale

I always get screwed on these deals - I bought an Xbox just last weekend to mess around with the console version of the Titanfall beta. Should have waited!

beast786

Try working at an electronics retailer. The average consumer knows nothing. I spent years working at a Best Buy and you'd be amazed at the types of questions you would get. If everyone was knowledgeable of the products they were buying, sales people wouldn't need to exist. The average person only knows what a sales guy tells them most of the time. This is why brands like Monster Cable exist, they take advantage of the fact consumers don't know much to make money.

being aware doesn't mean they understand. my point was people are aware and are being educated through out as they do buy these gadgets . Every time they buy laptop they get a little more educated. when they buy tv and want to know why they have to pay thunder for this new HDTV.

m@cross

Gears of War was 4 vs 4, and that was a REALLY compelling online shooter. One of my favorites from last gen. There is this myth that bigger player counts = better, and it's simply not true. If the maps and gameplay are tailored around lower player counts, it is just as compelling as something like Battlefield, which are tailored toward the other end of the spectrum.

Planetside 2 is an MMO, and hardly the same thing. You're also being generous with your assessment of "soon".

I am saying soon because last month it showed up in the PS Store as "soon", seems silly for them to put it up there if it was going to say "soon" for 8+ months.

You are absolutely right that 6x6 can be a blast, sorry if I implied you must have X v X to be good.

All that effort to convince people not to buy something you don't like.

Not trying to convince anyone to buy either, just presenting facts to help with decisions. If you really like the exclusives on either then the choice should be easy. If you are not sure you can at least get a rough idea of your options with that list.

So basically, get a Xbone and a PC? Also, Zoo Tycoon isn't also on PC, it's also on 360.

Not sure why you call it propaganda, I don't think I included opinions in it. If you have a PC you certainly can play a bunch of the current PS4 stuff on it. You can also play a reportedly superior version of Titanfall on it. If non of the true exclusives strike your fancy then a PC might be the best option of the three, but I was simply comparing the XB1 and PS4 in that list as a PC is likely several hundred dollars more than either system.

Naminator

Banned
What happens after you buy a subscription based MMO and the trial runs out?

I'm pretty sure if you were buying an XBO and Titanfall, you'll already have or be going to buy a gold sub. You may not like the requirement to pay for online but that has been the reality for Xbox ever since they introduced online play, seems a bit odd to complain 3 consoles in.

It's a stealth way to moan about how it's an online multiplayer only game.

Because you know............. no one heard that shit before.

Hmmm decisions decisions

BKclCqq.gif

I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty stoked to see Go for Broke Microsoft here. Straight up bundling their next system seller? Right out of the gate?

They're hungry as hell and want to make up all the ground they lost with the DRM stuff. I own a PS4 now, but considering all the previous gens, I'll own everything eventually. Moves like this just move up the timetable!

Now stop putting freaking everything behind Live and we're in business!

BigJoeGrizzly

Neo Member
I don't understand why so many of you on here are bitching about this bundle. You're getting one of the best titles to come out this year, free month of gold, and the console for the regular $499 US/AU price. This console has it's faults, but my god some of you are really reaching in this topic.

Miles X

Always available? You mean only as Microsoft deems it appropriate for you to play and arbitrarily revokes your license with no warning.

MS are pretty good in that regard, they took Halo 2 down only a couple of years ago, on a console that died like 7 years prior with a 24m userbase ...

Milennia

pretty sure im still within my return limit for the console i bought recently.

may just return it and hold off for about 3 weeks.

Hmmm decisions decisions

XB1 Titanfall bundle
1 month live
$500

PS4 Infamous bundle
1 month plus

(84) Resogun free
(63) Warframe free
(76) War Thunder free
(73) DCUO free

XBox One
(56) Crimson Dragon
(78) Dead Rising 3
(23) Fighter Within
(80) Forza 5
(73) Killer Instinct
(65) Powerstar Golf
(71) Xbox Fitness

PS4
(--) Basement Crawl
(70) flOw (also on PS3)
(54) Knack
(84) Resogun

Drive Club
Diablo 3 (also on PC)

wow this post is something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom