• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TLoU:R Photomode Thread:I struggled a long time with compression [READ OP] [SPOILERS]

LiK

Wow at the hotel dining room shot.

You seriously made this just by rotating the camera to point close to her face at some random location? That's her character model that you control there?

photo mode is only allowed in-game, so yes. and yea, you can rotate and zoom in. it's pretty awesome.

Nick

I'm so so so so SO so excited to get home and take this game out of my mailbox. Is there anything people are NOT liking about the remaster? I'm nervous about trying this in 60 fps and it not being smooth enough. ;-(

I'm so so so so SO so excited to get home and take this game out of my mailbox. Is there anything people are NOT liking about the remaster? I'm nervous about trying this in 60 fps and it not being smooth enough. ;-(

It is pretty damn smooth outside of a few scenes, and this is coming from somebody who hates when games drop just a few frames (PC gamer here). The only issue is, with both modes, some shadows are buggy and their draw distance is messed up and some others clip through objects or disappear when you move near them.

Not great at this but here is some my pics
1HX.jpg

3HX.jpg

Donos

Quoting spoiler photo posts is not a good way to help keeping the thread spoiler free.

Dinning room shot is just insane.

Do you guys realize how realistic this arm looks xP

pic

Need to read that OP

EDIT: Oh man this is the same dude.

RULES:
Limits: 3 images per post. If you have more than 3, link to an album or wait for somebody else to post.
Spamming: No double posting.
Spoilers: Please do not embed (img tags) any major plot points until August 9, 2014. You can still post them in a link format however (url tags) until that date. What is a spoiler? Anything from the introduction level, any big plot points, and anything from the last level.
Editing: Please do not edit your photos in any image editing programs. Vanilla only. There is already a thread for edited screenshots. You can resize images to as low as 1280px wide.
Read and follow the hosting and compression requirements.

Remember people haven't played this game, and the intro should be a surprise.

LiK

Man, this photo mode is pretty much hyping me for UC4 in terms of its tech. Gonna be so amazing looking.

A lot of my shot ideas don't work out because Joel's face is so expressionless. He keeps both eyes open when he aims, and just has a blank stare most of the time.

DieH@rd

Banned
A lot of my shot ideas don't work out because Joel's face is so expressionless. He keeps both eyes open when he aims, and just has a blank stare most of the time.

ND did not upgrade any of PS3 animations. Movements of Joel, his companions and all enemies had to be stored in just 9MB of RAM.

This is a crossgen game. :)

Wow at the hotel dining room shot.

You seriously made this just by rotating the camera to point close to her face at some random location? That's her character model that you control there?

BELIEVE.

I said it earlier and I'll say it again, it's crazy how far we have come in terms of graphics, particularly character models. It's blowing my mind that these character models are in-game, controlled by us. They just look so amazing. The days of seeing that jarring difference between cut-scene and in-game character models is disappearing, it seems.

ND did not upgrade any of PS3 animations. Movements of Joel, his companions and all enemies had to be stored in just 9MB of RAM.

This is a crossgen game. :)

I know. I wasn't one of the people that expected this game to be a remake. I just didn't realize Joel was basically a statue compared to the other two characters as I never really bothered to look at him as close on the PS3 version.

I just got the game and photomode is so addicting! These are in 30fps mode.

Intro spoilers:

http://i4.minus.com/iFlqMUthqYnPF.jpg
http://i2.minus.com/iVPYsPHUO8GwV.jpg

Jesus Chris. This is like something out of a Pixar film. How the hell can it possibly be running in real time? It takes a hive of supercomputers working for hours to render those films, frame by frame. I don't understand how this is possible when

a. the game wasn't even designed for the PS4;
b. this could be running in 60fps and look just the same (yes - including the same shadow, as shadows of the main characters aren't affected); and
c. my PC has better specs than the PS4 and it can't handle graphics like this at stable framerates.

This reminds me of when Quake III came out on Dreamcast, 15 years ago, and it looked better, ran smoother and had less lag than with more powerful PCs and better internet connections. It didn't make sense then, and this doesn't really make sense now.

xAniki88

Banned
wow guys, these shots are simply amazing
i'm so fuckin ready for tomorrow

ps. photo mode needs to be mandatory in every ps4 exclusives. please sony, do it!

The days of seeing that jarring difference between cut-scene and in-game character models is disappearing, it seems.

It first started with Code Veronica - first time I'd seen real time gameplay models and 'FMVs' look the same. Things have improved a lot since the Final Fantasy 7 days where they didn't even try to make the in-game models look like the FMV characters.

Jesus Chris. This is like something out of a Pixar film. How the hell can it possibly be running in real time? It takes a hive of supercomputers working for hours to render those films, frame by frame. I don't understand how this is possible when

a. the game wasn't even designed for the PS4;
b. this could be running in 60fps and look just the same (yes - including the same shadow, as shadows of the main characters aren't affected); and
c. my PC has better specs than the PS4 and it can't handle graphics like this at stable framerates.

This reminds me of when Quake III came out on Dreamcast, 15 years ago, and it looked better, ran smoother and had less lag than with more powerful PCs and better internet connections. It didn't make sense then, and this doesn't really make sense now.

And those are still compressed to hell. Looks much, much better on my tv.

iXz6vLweaXe2F.jpg

invHB0Q5j4Bwg.jpg

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Can I request a set of vertical orientation shots please? It's about time to move on from that amazing inFamous contest winner for my phone wallpaper.
wow guys, these shots are simply amazing
i'm so fuckin ready for tomorrow
ps. photo mode needs to be mandatory in every ps4 exclusives. please sony, do it!
Considering how inFamous has it and Driveclub will have it I'm betting someone's pushing. Or the developers are just independently realizing that I will gladly do some advertising work for them.

eLGee

Hey, wouldn't it be awesome if when you clicked the photomode button, it would also automatically switch into 30-fps mode? That way you would have the best shadows possible without the hassle of going through a menu when you want to snap a photo. When you're done, it would switch back into 60 fps again.

Are you listening, Naughty Dog?

Hey, wouldn't it be awesome if when you clicked the photomode button, it would also automatically switch into 30-fps mode? That way you would have the best shadows possible without the hassle of going through a menu when you want to snap a photo. When you're done, it would switch back into 60 fps again.

Are you listening, Naughty Dog?

Yeah, i've been harping on this for a while. I'm sure it will be patched soon enough. Damn you photomode!! LET ME PLAY THE GAME!

Top Bottom