• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMNT : Mutants in Manhattan delisted under a year after release

Why the fuck is this Platinum's worst game?

Why does it have to be this IP?

I would have sacrificed almost every other of their games for this to be the one...

Thanks for the warning Activision. I know the game sucked but I still wanted to check it out. Was there a physical release?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Thanks for the warning Activision. I know the game sucked but I still wanted to check it out. Was there a physical release?

There is. Probably really cheap now.

EDIT: Actually no, it's kind of costly. Weird...

Yup.

Its box art is the best part of the game, too!

91HPJrTIA3L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Seik

Banned
I'm still so bummed out the game is such a POS fiasco.

TMNT and Platinum was like, fucking wishful thinking back then, before it got announced.

Bad budget, terrible game and terrible PC port, such a shame.

remz

Games like these show why Platinum has no business being the go-to developer for every IP, a suggestion that seems to come up in discussions here when people want their favorite series given to another developer

Platinum aren't just one guy, or one team in one configuration tho...

The Turtles lose no matter what.
Even with Platinum they couldn't succeed (though that's all Activision and their rushing)

uh no Platinum sure as shit do not get a free pass from all blame. They are not some squeaky clean dev that doesn't have stinkers under their belt.

TreIII

I would love to get a Saito game with a lot of time under the oven. His games have potential, but he always seems to get the short development cycles.

Good thing he seems to be getting just that with the Granblue game he's directing. We're going to be waiting a while for that (if we get that in the West at all).

Either way...I'm trusting that someone will eventually get the TMNT license for themselves. Even though the recent movies haven't become the kind of big money grossers that Marvel, DC or Transformers, there's still obviously money to be had with the brand.

I'm hoping that maybe even a JP publisher like Namco Bandai may be a possibility. Even one of the smaller scale devs in their stable, like 8ing (Kamen Rider Battride) or Craft & Meister (Gundam Breaker) would likely be able to deliver a licensed game with decent gameplay.

Takao

Banned
TMNT Telltale? TMNT Lego? And what do you mean nobody does licensed games you have a new Spider-Man game, Batman games, Lego Games based on every fucking license known to man. You have South Park coming out with a new one, Adventure Time, Friday the 13th and a laundry list of anime games that come and are pretty successful in the west.

TMNT isn't just shitty Micahel Bay movies it still has a big fanbase and a successful show that is currently airing. TMNT is legit license that in the right hands could make money and a great game.

Batman is owned by DC Comics, who in turn is owned by Warner, so those aren't licensed games. Telltale does do a lot of licensed stuff, but TMNT sounds like an abysmal fit. LEGO could work and probably will happen eventually, but that's really it. Adventure Time (whose publisher seems to have exited the games business - no new releases since 2015) and Friday the 13th are games likely produced on a budget similar or worse than what Activison would dish out ... South Park and Spiderman are the extreme exceptions. Look at 007. No one seems to have picked up that license after Activision dropped it.

After loving Transformers so much and not even liking the license, i was SO hyped for this.

Worst game of the year. Glad I only redboxed it.

I love this game, tbh. In the lower end of my top 10 favorites for the year.

Rented it for $3, bought it for $20 physical, then got it digital for $8 or something just for convenience.

It's budget-y, rough around the edges, inconsistent and simple by Platinum standards, but it's the best the TMNT has ever felt to play by light years. I love TMNT to death, the current IDW style is excellent, and that helps too.

If the license is up for grabs, I hope that Koei Tecmo can somehow get a shot at a TMNT Warriors game.

I want to slash up a screen full of like two thousand foot soldiers and shit.

It is a damn shame.

The art was ace (Mateus Santolouco forever) I enjoyed the story, but the game play was ass loads of ass.

Inconceivable how they could have fucked it up so much.

Actually it made a lot of sense to me. Small dev cycle plus 4 ai main characters onscreen, bit off way too much then they could chew. Is a damn shame tho.

Lijik

Regardless of the games quality, this is a wild thing to happen.

I wonder if thats why this game launched with such a high price to get as much money as possible in the 8 or so months they were selling it

Gamerman1

TMNT Telltale? TMNT Lego? And what do you mean nobody does licensed games you have a new Spider-Man game, Batman games, Lego Games based on every fucking license known to man. You have South Park coming out with a new one, Adventure Time, Friday the 13th and a laundry list of anime games that come and are pretty successful in the west.

TMNT isn't just shitty Micahel Bay movies it still has a big fanbase and a successful show that is currently airing. TMNT is legit license that in the right hands could make money and a great game.

I would go for a TMNT LEGO game. 4 players, levels are the ones from TMNT arcade and Turtles In Time. Add some extra shit.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Activision maybe getting out of the licensing game?

Acti always ditches unwanted licences at the very end of/very beginning of its Financial Year, which follows the calendar year. My go-to example is the Bond games being pulled at the beginning of 2013 despite 007 Legends having released less than three months earlier and there being two years remaining on the licence agreement (it was valid through 2014).

I kinda want to give the guy one more chance but he stops directing, I won't be upset.

Yeah, I kind of liked the Korra game, would have been even better if they'd gotten to flesh it out a bit more with a bit more budget but it was kinda cool.

Didn't play this one though, so I'd be okay with one more chance, but I'd be fine if not as well..

Top Bottom