• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMNT : Mutants in Manhattan delisted under a year after release

I'm fairly sure Kenji Saito is the game design lead on Granblue. The reason he is not directing is because the director is from Cygames, similar to Nier Automata yes. But like how Takahisa Taura is the Platinum Games lead game designer on Nier, Kenji Saito was the one at the announcement event talking about gameplay mechanics for Platinum.

Ah, very cool if so. Thanks!

Even after briefly re-checking the trailers, news, and site to refresh my memory I saw the rest of the staff still hasn't been fully announced so I couldn't find the game director from Platinum's side just that the Cygames guy was overall director so I wasn't sure one way or the other. And didn't recall him hosting/talking over over any footage, just Koichi Haruta from Cygames doing the same back at last TGS. :)

Coda

Such a shame how this game turned out, maybe they were embarrassed by it? Sucks too because when I heard Platinum was on board I had high hopes but nah, game was garbage.

dezzy8

Games like these show why Platinum has no business being the go-to developer for every IP, a suggestion that seems to come up in discussions here when people want their favorite series given to another developer
I think it's activision's fault that this game was bad. Low budget and low development time. Same date for legend of Korra. I at least enjoyed the latter game. TMNT was complete trash.

Such a shame how this game turned out, maybe they were embarrassed by it? Sucks too because when I heard Platinum was on board I had high hopes but nah, game was garbage.
It's gone cause of licensing. Activision has flat out shitshow games still up for download so it ain't embarrassment.

NoKisum

if you own the game you can still download it. how is this any different than something being taken off shelves or going out of print?
Because if it's out of print or taken off shelves, I can buy the game from another person who doesn't want it anymore. Can anyone here sell me their digital copy of the game that they don't plan on playing anymore?

tensuke

Games like these show why Platinum has no business being the go-to developer for every IP, a suggestion that seems to come up in discussions here when people want their favorite series given to another developer

User: ''Who should make X game?"

GAF: "Platinum/FROM Software"

so for 2016 Platinum was working on Star Fox Zero and Guard, Nier 2, Scalebound, and friggin TMNT.

Star Fox turned out fine, and Nier: Automata is looking great, so perhaps its all for the best that they didn't use up their juice on this. There had to be a weak link somewhere.

BBboy20

The fuck you giving Activision the benefit of the doubt here.

duckroll

so for 2016 Platinum was working on Star Fox Zero and Guard, Nier 2, Scalebound, and friggin TMNT.

Star Fox turned out fine, and Nier: Automata is looking great, so perhaps its all for the best that they didn't use up their juice on this. There had to be a weak link somewhere.

And Granblue Fantasy ReLink, and Lost Order.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I've always wondered, with Bamco be interested in the license? I mean, they don't really have Western shows for licensed video games right, and they seem to work well with action hero shoes, so maybe they should pull for this one!

I'm fairly sure Kenji Saito is the game design lead on Granblue. The reason he is not directing is because the director is from Cygames, similar to Nier Automata yes. But like how Takahisa Taura is the Platinum Games lead game designer on Nier, Kenji Saito was the one at the announcement event talking about gameplay mechanics for Platinum.

That's great. I honestly have only the vaguest idea of what Granblue is, but knowing Saito is at the helm makes this a day one.

Top Bottom