• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMNT : Mutants in Manhattan delisted under a year after release

I'll scream my resentment from the other thread here:

Fuck Activision. They're never getting my money ever again. Couldn't they warn us a week in advance, preferably when this shit was on sale everywhere on Christmas?!!! I don't give a FUCK if the license expired. Boo hoo. Motherfucking WARN US! Have the goddamn courtesy for those supporting your fucking company for 20+ years.

Fuck Activision. Fuck them up their shell. I always wanted to try this game out, and I've gone full digital this year, but was reluctant to pay full price ($79.99!!!!) due to bad reviews. So fuck them for this stunt. Had I known, I would've bought it last week...

Eh, surely you could break your self-imposed digital-only law and just buy a cheap second hand physical copy on one of the four different consoles it was released on?

You could even keep the disc permanently out of sight inside the disc drive and throw away the box if it bothers you that much!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Platinum really need to unceremoniously dump the Madworld/Korra C Team they have over there. Their stinkbombs have now begun to lose them work and tarnish their brand.

Just imagine the cool fucking game Saito and squad could have delivered if it was them with the Turtles license.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If a game gets delisted from Steam, if you had a digital redemption code could you still redeem it?

Yes. A publisher may choose to bin unused keys (e.g. Codemasters gave away Dirt 3 on Humble for 48 hours and blacklisted the keys that were still unused a week later in order to prevent them from being resold), but I can't imagine that applies here.

Edit: In fact, I myself bought the Rock 'n' Roll Pack DLC from Humble earlier and it redeemed just fine.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Damn still way too expensive. wish Activison could go the route of the recent Grid and Dirt 3 delistings, and just make the games available for free for the last week

I believe it was 85% off during the steam winter sales.

Before going all FUCK ACTIVISION (they might well deserve it) it's worth considering that when it comes to licensing deals like this, it would not be unusual for it to forbid either party from disclosing any details to using the terms of the contract to profit. So it might be the case that Activision is in fact forbidden to go "we are delisting this in 2 weeks when the contract is up, BUY NOW OR FOREVER REGRET!!!!" because they would be using the delisting as a marketing move. I don't know if this is the case but it's certainly possible.

I guess it differs based on franchise, but LBP managed to warn people two weeks before de-listing that the Marvel DLC was going.

Eh, surely you could break your self-imposed digital-only law and just buy a cheap second hand physical copy on one of the four different consoles it was released on?

You could even keep the disc permanently out of sight inside the disc drive and throw away the box if it bothers you that much!

I'm willing to buy it physically, but not at full price. I checked ebay, Bestbuy and more, and I don't think it's going to be as cheap as $15, which it was a few weeks ago on PSN (and perhaps cheaper on Steam). I don't want to shill $50+ for this (shitty) game.

So yeah, I'm pissed. This will only go up in price. If Activision warned us maybe early in December, I would've bought this in a heartbeat.

Remember when Sega warned us that Castle of Illusion remake was being delisted? That's what I was hoping (and I am hoping going forth) happens. Even that was a shitty practice and I didn't like it, but atleast they warned us, and dropped the price to 85% off! A lot of people posting there are quite happy about the warning and actually bought the game. :)

Castle of Illusion even got XB1 BC in those last few days, making it even sweeter.

And then we got another final updated thread putting this on spotlight, leaving more gamers happy with the news, even if it sucked being delisted.

patapuf

It is a damn shame.

The art was ace (Mateus Santolouco forever) I enjoyed the story, but the game play was ass loads of ass.

Inconceivable how they could have fucked it up so much.

No budget and time to developp in order to rush the game out of the door since the liscence was expiring by the end of the year?

Could the Turtle license be going somewhere other than Activision? It's a shame the quality of recent games hasn't been high, there is a brilliant Turtles game waiting to be made by the right Dev/Publisher

Platinum really need to unceremoniously dump the Madworld/Korra C Team they have over there. Their stinkbombs have now begun to lose them work and tarnish their brand.

Just imagine the cool fucking game Saito and squad could have delivered if it was them with the Turtles license.

They have a C-Team now? lol

Arttemis

uh no Platinum sure as shit do not get a free pass from all blame. They are not some squeaky clean dev that doesn't have stinkers under their belt.
Yeah, blame the developer for having been given a small budget and timeframe to crank out a licensed product. How dare they! They're probably just a bunch of lazy and untalented people.

They have a C-Team now? lol

They've been working on 3+ games at a time for years. Right now, they have Nier, Scalebound, Project re:Link, and a mobile game, Lost Order.

They released Star Fox Zero and TMNT last year.

Whoa hey Anarchy Reigns was a legit hype beatemup.

Yes!

Said no one ever.

I say it. For the small budget it got (just look at how long it took to port: Sega gave that game zero dollars), it was an incredibly fun game. The campaign cutscenes and characterizations were as good as Vanquish, and the boss fights were very fun. The rest of the game's levels were pretty devoid of anything interesting. It played like Vigilante 8 or Twisted Metal in that you were walking around a multiplayer arena.

Guys stop the madness. Anarchy Reigns was AWESOME playing online. We need another game like that.

I totally agree! It was a blast! It was a Power Stone meets God Hand experience online.

How so?

I'm sure these smaller licensed games with a quick turnaround have helped pay the bills and keep members of staff employed.

Also, if you're going to claim "their stinkbombs have now begun to lose them work..." I think we're going to need to see some receipts.

They've been working on 3+ games at a time for years. Right now, they have Nier, Scalebound, Project re:Link, and a mobile game, Lost Order.

They released Star Fox Zero and TMNT last year.

I don't think that means they have 3 completely separate teams working exclusively on one title when they don't even have 200 total employees. Nor do I think they would organize those three teams by level of talent. lol

I mean if that is how game development works please correct me, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me for it to work that way.

To me this "A-Team, B-Team" stuff just seems like a convenient way for fans to internalize how their can do no wrong favorite devs could possibly make a bad game. Create an isolated group of lesser devs within them to pin the blame on when they make something you don't like.

I just think it's funny that Platinum's poor streak has been going on so long that fans have concocted a C-Team for them at this point as well.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I'm sure these smaller licensed games with a quick turnaround have helped pay the bills and keep members of staff employed.

Also, if you're going to claim "their stinkbombs have now begun to lose them work..." I think we're going to need to see some receipts.

Scuttlebutt was the Transformers game was going to be a trilogy but not so sure that's happening now.

And, pending if this is a license sold-on issue, burning a game in less than a year accepting many just saw it as trash is not going to engender increased future project business.

Saito's team clearly has a knack for pumping out hot quality with Rising and Devastation having tight ass schedules. If they're booked up though, who honestly is going to want to get lumbered with this C-Team that's made turd after turd?

Scuttlebutt was the Transformers game was going to be a trilogy but not so sure that's happening now.

And, pending if this is a license sold-on issue, burning a game in less than a year accepting many just saw it as trash is not going to engender increased future project business.

Saito's team clearly has a knack for pumping out hot quality with Rising and Devastation having tight ass schedules. If they're booked up though, who honestly is going to want to get lumbered with this C-Team that's made turd after turd?
It's still Activisions fault for not enforcing quality control. This is the same company that was fine with releasing a busted ass Tony Hawk game and then quickly buried the franchise.
Platinum killed the healthiest franchise on earth.
The franchise hasn't been healthy in video games for a long time.

Big Nikus

I'll scream my resentment from the other thread here:

Fuck Activision. They're never getting my money ever again. Couldn't they warn us a week in advance, preferably when this shit was on sale everywhere on Christmas?!!! I don't give a FUCK if the license expired. Boo hoo. Motherfucking WARN US! Have the goddamn courtesy for those supporting your fucking company for 20+ years.

Fuck Activision. Fuck them up their shell. I always wanted to try this game out, and I've gone full digital this year, but was reluctant to pay full price ($79.99!!!!) due to bad reviews. So fuck them for this stunt. Had I known, I would've bought it last week...

I'm not as angry as you but I'm fucking disappointed.
I trust the reviews, I'm sure the game sucks, but I'm such a TMNT fanboy that I still enjoy some of the crap games. And I'm sure this one wasn't as bad as some of the others...
Fuck, I also missed the Turtles in Time remake by Ubisoft because it was delisted. I KNOW this one wasn't good either, but I wanted it dammit. I kinda liked the demo actually.

Ugh now I'm angry lol

Top Bottom