• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan rated. (Activision, Platinum Games, PC/PS4/XB1/360/PS3)

Neiteio

Transformers — check
TMNT — check

Now Platinum needs to make:

G.I. Joe
Street Sharks
Beast Wars
Power Rangers
Big Bad Beetleborgs
Masked Rider
Gundam Wing
Outlaw Star
Cowboy Bebop
Evangelion
Batman Beyond

Hope they go for a comic book feel instead of the goofy 80's toon.

The Mirage comics were pretty brutal early on being a Frank Miller parody and all.

It would be neat, but I highly doubt it would happen. Those comics were not the mainstream success that comes with an equally large nostagia vein that Activision is trying to tap into.

Tizoc

It just occured to me that there are Kame Rider games made from Japan but no Super Sentai.
What's up with that?

_Clash_

I just hope the success of transformers by Platinum gave them more budget for this.

And couch co op.

Great day in gaming today.

Tizoc

I just hope the success of transformers by Platinum gave them more budget for this.

And couch co op.

Great day in gaming today.

Nah one would assume both TF Devastation and TMNT were worked on concurrently. The game was mentioned in the Steam thread weeks ago
As is TF Devastation would've reached a little over 50K units sold combined on all platforms.

-MD-

Was just a month or two ago I was discussing with a friend that it had been far too long since we got a great TMNT game and the IP should be given to someone like Platinum.

This is a dream game, I just hope they get the proper budget and time.

Oh my god, I dismissed the thread due to Acti skepticism.. But then I saw Platinum.

Wow. Day 1. Transformers was incredible.

Hope they do He-Man next!

50k for Transformers seems very low though, I hope many people picked it up in the Black Friday sale.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It just occured to me that there are Kame Rider games made from Japan but no Super Sentai.
What's up with that?

There are Sentai games.

They're for the 3DS and they're awful.

Also the audience isn't there for anything better than a quick shitty throwaway Sentai game. Sentai is literally for children and children don't care if a game is good. We're lucky we get the Kamen Rider games we do, honestly.

EDIT: There's a Sentai game for the Wii (Super Sentai Battle: Ranger Cross). It's awful.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It's probably already been said, but I guess this will be at the VGAs (or whatever the fuck they're called now).

Rosur

Day 1. Expecting TGA announcement

Hope it has some better level design than korra/ transformers but not expecting much.

So given devastation, hopefully this will be classic tmnt. Will love to see some dimension x stuff and the technodrome.

Shame James Avery has passed away. :(
Would have loved to see him reprise Shredder.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I wasn't into Transformers Devastation because I don't have the love for the Transformers to make up for the crappy level design and loot system, but for TMNT I might just be able to overlook such flaws... I hope it's better though.

It's probably already been said, but I guess this will be at the VGAs (or whatever the fuck they're called now).

- Used to be the Spike Video Game Awards (or VGAs) from 2003 to 2012.

- Rebranded to VGX in 2013 to appeal to a hipper, fresher demographic. Didn't work, Spike canceled the event, all hope was lost.

- Host and executive producer Geoff Keighley went on to create his own awards show in 2014: The Game Awards. Gamers around the world rejoiced.

- This year will be the 2nd annual Game Awards, now widely called The Keighleys™.

#GameAwardShowLore

Lol I didn't know that

5tGNNag.gif

Klart

I'm hoping for a fabulous classic sidescroller with up to date graphics & shenanigans.

I'm afraid we aren't getting one though, knowing Platinum's history.

I know they'll probably make a great game, but we've had lots of great TP fighters (mostly from Platinum). I want a really great local (& online) coop sidescroller. There haven't been many of those. Especially on this gen.

Exodust

Banned
Haven't played the Transformers or Korra game but I assume it will be more like what I heard those games were like. Still legit excited cause I actually care about the Turtles, so I'm in.

Pooya

I'm interested, didn't care about their other licensed games far but this is the shit. hopefully they go with a good turtle design.

Sesha

that's nice, but it has nothing to do with anything and does not make me less sick of a combat engine that has only gotten more stripped down with each "iteration" since its first game 6 years ago.

Expected a lot more from Platinum when it comes to character action games. now it seems like they put them together like Ikea Furniture. oh and that loot system in transformers ololol

i'll believe it's a real effort when I see it.

Except it does. Major publishers reuse shit all the time. Platinum is an independent contractor whose work is completely for-hire. Of course they'll reuse tons of their stuff. As for "original from-scratch" work, Revengeance, W101 and Scalebound qualifies. Nothing of what they do is easy, and if they didn't reuse as much as they do they'd be a lot less efficient. You being sick of them re-purposing features from other games is a completely different matter.

that's nice, but it has nothing to do with anything and does not make me less sick of a combat engine that has only gotten more stripped down with each "iteration" since its first game 6 years ago.

You can't ask for the same amount of depth, polish and content in what are essentially low budget games made fast. Scalebound and Nier Automata will be AAA games in the vein of Bayo (2), Vanquish, Rising and W101 (three games that were nothing like Bayonetta by the way).

These licensed games are a different kettle of fish. For such a game, Devastation was actally pretty damn deep and complex.

If it keeps Platinum in business and leads to games as fun as Devastation, you won't hear me complain.

Saw this coming after the Transformers announcement with them referencing IDW. Thought I'd be hyped, but you can't escape the reality of the inevitable paultry Activision budget.

We still in there though.

styl3s

Transformers was amazing so as long as it's as good as that i am 100% ok with this.

Besides, when was the last decent TMNT game we even got? I'll take anything that's playable at this point. I do however hope it's based off the 80s-90s cartoon like Transformers.

kewlmyc

I like Platinum, but slow the fuck down you guys. How big is their studio to be working on all of these different games?

Top Bottom