• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan rated. (Activision, Platinum Games, PC/PS4/XB1/360/PS3)

UXOgyds.gif
2000 cartoon was amazing other than the series where they go into the future. The art and story went to shit.

Cardon

I'll probably legit cry once this is officially announced and I didn't even cry when my daughter was born.

Insane Metal

Gold Member
I swear I read the title as "TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan raped in Australia" and was like WTF.

Sorry, nothing to add up, just thought I'd post this. ><

TreIII

As someone who grew up with the 80s cartoon, no.

The 2003 show is just a much better show in general.

The one on Fox? I'll accept that. Just not the Nickelodeon one

Thank you, someone else gets it.

My men! *hi-fives*

S3 had some serious lows, but I enjoyed it on the whole. Definitely not a fan of where they're going for S4.

The worst episode of Nick's TMNT is better than the best of the 80s show.

I forgot about the 4kid series. That was good, then went on a similar story route as we're getting now.

True, but I'll at least say this: 2K3 at least gave us a solid 5* seasons (Ninja Tribunal being a "lost arc" not-withstanding) before it jumped the shark. At least we got a decent crossover movie to serve as an ideal finale, though.

NickTMNT started jumping the shark the moment they went to Northhampton, and they've been happily swimming along with the forced 80's toon homages, ever since.
And if what I heard they're doing to Splinter is true, then honestly, fuck them entirely.

If it weren't for IDW's decent Animated Adventures comic series, I'd honestly wouldn't want anything to do with Nick's turtles.

I just need Platinum to make ZOE 3 and all will be right in the world.

I'm not the greatest at Platinum games but, if this the only way I could get ZoE 3, ill take it.

NickTMNT started jumping the shark the moment they went to Northhampton, and they've been happily swimming along with the forced 80's toon homages, ever since.
And if what I heard they're doing to Splinter is true, then honestly, fuck them entirely.

Ill probably never watch Nick'sTMNT. What did they do with Splinter in that?

Hopefully this has more than Transformers' five playable characters. Leo/Raph/Don/Mikey are obviously required, but Splinter and Casey playable would be fantastic too. Throw in Usagi Yojimbo once you've beaten the game for kicks.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Platinum is the new Midway

I can't really see it that in comparison. Treasure perhaps. McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure and Tiny Toons on one side, Transformers and Korra on the other. Silpheed for one, Star Fox on the other.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Since the game has already been rated, wouldn't that mean that it's been developed and finished already? If so, im guessing that it's a digital only release.

Hopefully based on the new movie or Nick show. I don't care about the 80s show even if my nostalgic connection to it made me interested in the newer stuff. The new stuff just obliterates the old stuff from my childhood in a good way. Hate it in comparison (except for the original movie).

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Platinum-made Ninja Turtles game? Despite Activision being the publisher, I'm in.

The turtles can be dark! At times I even wonder how they get away with some of the stuff in the new TMNT cartoon.

Also,
they recently killed Donatello in the comic

WHAT

NO

HERESY

True, but I'll at least say this: 2K3 at least gave us a solid 5* seasons (Ninja Tribunal being a "lost arc" not-withstanding) before it jumped the shark. At least we got a decent crossover movie to serve as an ideal finale, though.

If it weren't for IDW's decent Animated Adventures comic series, I'd honestly wouldn't want anything to do with Nick's turtles.

Christ, what exactly is the Nick show doing?

Skilletor

My men! *hi-fives*

I never actually watched that lost season. When they went to the future or whatever is when I stopped. That cliffhanger. I'm starting to remember. -_-

TreIII

Ill probably never watch Nick'sTMNT. What did they do with Splinter in that?

Last season's finale:
Shredder killed Splinter. And if what I read on one article is true, they're going to let him stay dead even after all the timey-wimey stuff for S4 is complete, because basically "they don't have anymore ideas of what to do with him" and they think it'll be good for character development...on a show where such hasn't really mattered since Season 2.

Hopefully this has more than Transformers' five playable characters. Leo/Raph/Don/Mikey are obviously required, but Splinter and Casey playable would be fantastic too. Throw in Usagi Yojimbo once you've beaten the game for kicks.

It would be awesome if Stan Sakai could be sweet-talked into his character being used again. But with the way things are now, he has no real reason to be involved, because he and Peter Laird were best pals, and Laird hasn't been involved with the series much at all since the sale.

Crono27

I'm assuming probably same group that made Korra game. Hopefully it will be better than that because that game left be disappointed

Platinum made TMNT?!

Will we finally have a better game than Turtles in Time?!

Probably not.
Never assume a game will be better than Turtles in Time otherwise you will be disappointed.
Last season's finale:
Shredder killed Splinter. And if what I read on one article is true, they're going to let him stay dead even after all the timey-wimey stuff for S4 is complete, because basically "they don't have anymore ideas of what to do with him" and they think it'll be good for character development...on a show where such hasn't really mattered since Season 2.

That's lazy as shit, what.

kng3025

Ever since Kora was a hit for them, Platinum and Activision have a deal which they work on a game based on an IP they have the game rights too every year (at least it seems that way).

So if this streak continues, it will work like this:
-2014: Legend of Korra
-2015: Transformers Devastation
-2016: TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan
-2017: Spider-Man (they own the game rights I think?)
-2018: G.I. Joe or Transformers Devastation 2
-2019: TMNT 2/Spider-Man 2

Don't forget Crash Bandicoot. Believe..

Skilletor

Oh man, the new IDW book was good too. I read the first 30 or so issues. New take on the origin was weird, but it was great.

Top Bottom