• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan rated. (Activision, Platinum Games, PC/PS4/XB1/360/PS3)

vypek

Last season's finale:
Shredder killed Splinter. And if what I read on one article is true, they're going to let him stay dead even after all the timey-wimey stuff for S4 is complete, because basically "they don't have anymore ideas of what to do with him" and they think it'll be good for character development...on a show where such hasn't really mattered since Season 2.

Leaving him dead? Hm, that is kind of surprising. I thought for sure they would be bringing him back.

Teknoman

Oh huh man! I literally tweeted that the first few minutes of playing Transformers. This is going to be awesome. Even better if they make it look like the comic. Would be cool if they did a mad world / anarchy reigns style soundtrack.

Hey guys what if they put stuff from
Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation
in this game?

Not sure if that would be a good or a bad thing.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I'm curious to see what their eventual SpongeBob game looks like.
UWFpRaJ.jpg

TDLink

Megaton! I hope it's not a Korra-level effort.

Acti probably likes them because Platinum is known for being able to work quickly and cheaply.

They also have a very dedicated fanbase that will buy their games. I have no idea how big this fanbase is, but I'm gonna guess that every Platinum game hits a couple hundred thousand sales on day 1 just from Platinum fans alone.

Edit: kinda not surprising their budgets are low, they have a formula that they rehash with slight tweaks for most of their licensed action games. It's an awesome formula, don't get me wrong, but you can feel the derivativeness of say Transformers or Korra.

Wonderful 101 wishes this was the case

Teknoman

This is hilarious. It's like the videogame gods are running down a checklist of dream Platinum projects (but with like 1/4 the budget/time they deserve)

Star Fox? Not really, but kinda
G1 Transformers? Yep
Nier sequel? No brainier (at least this is getting a real dev cycle)
Ninja Turtles? Go ahead brehs

Fully expecting a Kill La Kill Platinum game next just because the idea is floating around in the universe. Probably something crazy like Shinobi after that.

Platinum games and Sega join forces once again to bring you...

TreIII

Hey guys what if they put stuff from
Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation
in this game?

Not sure if that would be a good or a bad thing.

Laird definitely hated
Venus
. I don't think anybody currently involved with the brand, including Eastman with the IDW crew, is exactly carrying a torch for her, either.

If they really wanted to have a female presence on the roster, there's no shortage of possibilities like Alopex (IDW), Ninjara (Archie), or just April herself, if she's already on her Kunoichi thing in this game's setting.

TDLink

This is hilarious. It's like the videogame gods are running down a checklist of dream Platinum projects (but with like 1/4 the budget/time they deserve)

Star Fox? Not really, but kinda
G1 Transformers? Yep
Nier sequel? No brainier (at least this is getting a real dev cycle)
Ninja Turtles? Go ahead brehs

Fully expecting a Kill La Kill Platinum game next just because the idea is floating around in the universe. Probably something crazy like Shinobi after that.

Yeah. It is cool they are getting all these projects, but I really wish they got the budget and time to do them right. Korra and Transformers are both mere appetizers compared to their other games. I fear this is going to be a similar situation. But it's better Activision does this with their license properties than giving them to some C tier developer. At least this way it's not only a cash in but also well made.

I kinda wanted a Ninja Turtles game sort of like Sleeping Dogs/Batman games not really platinum but i know the worship for them here is massive D: oh well hope it turns out well

No. I don't want that at all. For me, it would be a bad thing.

Laird definitely hated
Venus
. I don't think anybody currently involved with the brand, including Eastman with the IDW crew, is exactly carrying a torch for her, either.

If they really wanted to have a female presence on the roster, there's no shortage of possibilities like Alopex (IDW), Ninjara (Archie), or just April herself, if she's already on her Kunoichi thing in this game's setting.

I was curious since I never saw an inkling of Next Mutation, all I remember is in school a few kids saying "There is a girl turtle" and thinking they were lying. Only to find out about 10 years later they weren't. I hear it's pretty bad though.

Hope it's based on the 90's films.

For a setting, I don't know if that would really be great.

vypek

I was curious since I never saw an inkling of Next Mutation, all I remember is in school a few kids saying "There is a girl turtle" and thinking they were lying. Only to find out about 10 years later they weren't. I hear it's pretty bad though.

In my opinion I would say it was bad. There is nothing really appealing about it at all and all the characters looked really terrible to me.

AntMurda

I suspect the Platinum staff gets less and less on these projects, while the Bee Tribe / Hexadrive / Avant / Digicom staff gets bigger and bigger behind the credit walls.

But hey, it's PLATINUM GAMES dood!

Honestly, I hope the PG Turtle designs and story are gonna be their own, not really any of the specific series like OG, '80s, etc. Most likely they're not gonna be much different from how they usually look......I mean if anything, they could have alt costumes from all the various incarnations of them which would be great. I just hope to see a ton of different villians, there's so many of them that I think they shouldn't have any problems making cool Platinum style boss fights.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Concern Troll EDIT: Are they gonna have the proper amount of time to complete the game adaptation of Transformers REVELATION or whatever the hell the comic version was called?

Legend of Korra, Transformers Devastation, and now TMNT? (Not to mention *GASP* an Xbox One exclusive dragon game...)

Is Platinum getting little, I don't know... "mercenary", this gen?
Don't forget Star Fox Zero. Good for Platinum. They are putting out great games at a good pace that makes big shot Japanese developers like Capcom and Konami look like a joke this gen.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
There are so many directions they could go, but I'd selfishly prefer this game to feature the 80/90s cartoon look just to appeal to my childhood.

Top Bottom