• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[TMZ] O.J. Simpson dead at 76

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Watching the ESPN documentary on Disney + in the background while working from home.

First time I see Nicole & Ron Goldman's crime scene pictures up close without censorship. Took me by surprise.
That gap in her neck is atrocious.
And that hole in Goldman's neck.
I close my eyes & they're tattooed in my mind.

Also juror #9 on why they only deliberated for 3 and a half hours:

"We had to go home".

Had to go home?!?! WOW! And here I thought they reached the verdict because of riot risk or because of lapd corruption (which was pretty rampant and well known back then).

Smh

Woggleman

IMO, there should be no juries. while a judge (some cases you hear about multiple judges, which I'm not sure why... maybe for major cases?) should makes the decision. He or she knows the law 100x better than any jury, is more logical, smarter, and should be less prone to dumb shit like wanting to go home early.

I totally get that someone will say "But what if the judge is bad". Fair point. But so can 12 idiots in the jury box. The legal system is putting a person on trial whose life can be jail or freedom based on 12 people who can be total morons.

If any of you have an issue with doctor stuff, finances, real estate, or even fixing your car. You go to people who know their shit and give you hopefully good advice. Maybe it's good advice, maybe it turns out it's shit advice. But I'd rather trust them to handle my serious issue than asking 12 random people who might not give a shit or be idiots.

The courts seem organized more like this. The experts who know whats going on act as host. And if you need doctors' advice, instead of them giving their answer, you sit in a clinic room and the doctors pulls in 12 random people off the street and asks them what they think. Insane.
I sort of agree but that would never fly. Maybe a second judge needs to review the case and sign off on it before they come to a verdict but it should not be decided by people with no legal experience at all. Quite honestly there are a lot of complete morons and they should not be deciding often life and death cases like this.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
They were sequestered for 265 days.
Separated from family & loved ones.
Eating catering food and confined to your small hotel room without a TV.

It doesn't justify a quick deliberation but I wonder if I would have kept my sanity in their place 😆

You raise a good point. I'd be out of my mind too! Even though I'm a huge introvert... The food might help tho!

Toons

The OJ case was an amazing microcosm of the big issues facing America, one of those things where unsaid sentiments and deep seated feelings come out to roost. Which inevitably happens when you create a powder keg of racial discrimination, police distrust, a whole of money changing hands and two different minority populations being pitted against each other.

Crazy thing is he might not have gotten away with it if not for the evidence tampering and Furhman being caught saying the quiet parts out loud. He should've been convicted regardless but I cannot imagine hearing those tapes as a black person and not feeling some kinda way.

Top Bottom