• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[TMZ] O.J. Simpson dead at 76

ElRenoRaven

Normally I wouldn't say anything bad but Fuck him. He murdered two people in cold blood and got away with it. BTW don't worry he'll continue his search in hell for the "real killers".

Thaedolus

Ps3qO9x.jpg

Oh my fucking god. I’ve written some poor sentences in my nearly 40 years but Jesus Christ, take the trophy NYT person

Kenpachii

Yes, it's a very compelling theory. It explains why a lot of the evidence doesn't quite fit.

Then he still took part in the murders as he basically helped his son to hide it, on top of it him making money out of the whole situation kills any sympathy.

Dude is guilty.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I was in middle school at the time and this middle-aged black lady that worked for the school as an admin brought a TV into my class to watch the verdict. It went down like this:

Verdict is read. Admin lady starts jumping around and cheering like she just won the lottery.

Class: You think he is innocent?
Admin: No
Class: Then why are you cheering?
Admin: Silence, later followed by a shrug.

I've always found that so bizarre.
Yeah, that was my experience with the verdict as well. Regardless of your personal thoughts over his guilt/innocence, the "not guilty" verdict euphoria was strongly linked to your ethnicity. Plus that ridiculous year long showboat trial under Ito was just lunacy.

Kato Kaelin still around?

ScythD

Then he still took part in the murders as he basically helped his son to hide it, on top of it him making money out of the whole situation kills any sympathy.

Dude is guilty.
Sure, but the real murderer got away scot-free. Doesn't matter much at this point unless Jason confesses.

Thaedolus

It’s unlikely he did it unless he could teleport.

How did I miss this? Michael Tracey is either one of the stupidest people alive, or simply a complete grifter who knows his idiotic takes are completely wrong but get attention so he keeps at it. See also his brain dead posts about awkshually the West are the baddies with regard to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Seems odd to me that OJ would take the brunt for his son, who had violent convictions and a strong history of mental illness, versus just doing what OJ has ALWAYS done, pay people off and blame others. Seems like the son getting a mental illness psych defense would he WAAAAY more plausible than OJ somehow "sorta fitting" the killer role but then never having a rock solid alibi and relying on that circus trial instead.

I think this stuff is gonna morph into a "Jack the Ripper" type urban legend in 100 years, heck it's already halfway there. Just connect it to the Jon Benet Ramsey story and Bigfoot somehow and it's a lock!

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I still remember the bronco chase. It was the last day of school and my parents seriously thought something was going to happen like him killing himself.

Me too. Parents were going out to dinner with friends for the night and I had the house to myself. I had just rented Street Fighter 2 Special Championship Edition from Blockbuster (they finally had a copy) and instead of playing it I watched the goddamn police chase all evening :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Thaedolus

Wife just got home picking up our kid from kindergarten:

“The flag was at half mast, do you know why?”

“I dunno maybe another mass shooting or somethi- wait it’s not for OJ?”

“No it can’t be that-“

“If it’s for fucking OJ I’m gonna be one of those screaming assholes at the PTA meeting…”

“IT’S NOT FOR OJ!!”

😤

Woggleman

We actually ordered chinese food during the chase. I remember that meal like it was yesterday. I had actually planned to head down to the beach that day but we are all glued to the TV.

Mistake

Reason why juror system doesn't work, letting people judge that have no qualification to judge shit is beyond idiotic and where human emotion can get the better of them.
Jury system works fine. My life would be completely different if we didn't have it. Media and money are the problem. Jury nullification is good for protesting government overreach, or situations that are understandable, but still technically against the law.

Last edited:

MrMephistoX

Between the Bronco Chase, The Trial and Seeing Nicole’s autopsy photos on Rotten.com it’s fair to say OJ shaped part of my childhood.

Fun fact my grandparents watched so much of the trial their old school projection big screen TV that the CNN logo was permanently burned into the corner.

Last edited:
Top Bottom