• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"To Begin With? Everything." The Official ROCK BAND Thread (M3wThr33: WE HATE YOU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wizman23

Banned
Well after least week's EPIC Boston pack I will let this week's announcement of crap slide.

I don't care if it is free or not 99% of the general public won't know this song.

Wizman23 said:
Well after least week's EPIC Boston pack I will let this week's announcement of crap slide.

I don't care if it is free or not 99% of the general public and myself are irrelevant.
Fixed.

jk

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
koam said:
Not really, unless you're some uber nerd or something. But anyway, it's free can't complain :)

It's a cool song to most of those who have played Portal. It pretty much made the game the cult hit that it is. And we're regular posters on GAF, I thought it was a given we were all uber nerds.

AstroLad said:
It's a cool song to most of those who have played Portal. It pretty much made the game the cult hit that it is. And we're regular posters on GAF, I thought it was a given we were all uber nerds.

Er, snrf, snork, I believe you meant to say "Supra Nerds" as there are several. The traditional root of "Uber" refers to the singularly great, which could only apply to one, the greatest, optimal nerd.

*adjusts nerd glasses*

Ceres

Banned
koam said:
Well "Welcome Home" certainly was a lot more enjoyable on expert. My damn foot is killing after doing orange crush and when we were young on expert.

There are only two things i have problems with doing on the drums:

1) Hit two colors, foot pedal, hit two colors, foot pedal, hit two colors, foot pedal
2) Fast drumming, i just can't get the coordination down

I don't have so much trouble with those two anymore. My main issue is when there's a quick foot pedal between notes out of sync with the rest of the song. I'm getting better but I'll still 5 star most songs and then barely three star others on the same tier because I can't keep a note streak going. But I'm behind and only in the middle of hard right now.
Also finally 100% my first song the other day. I usually screw up something because I start daydreaming after a long sequence and suddenly miss a foot pedal or keep doing a foot pedal when it suddenly stops.

LakeEarth

I dunno if I should get this as I haven't gotten Portal yet. I don't want to ruin the apparent "impact" this song has on people when they beat the game.

Oni Jazar

LakeEarth said:
I dunno if I should get this as I haven't gotten Portal yet. I don't want to ruin the apparent "impact" this song has on people when they beat the game.

Finish Portal first. Do can easily do it in a few hours.

TheExodu5

Banned
LakeEarth said:

What excuse could you possibly have to not have played Portal yet? Play Portal tonight and beat it in 2.5 hours.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
BenjaminBirdie said:
Er, snrf, snork, I believe you meant to say "Supra Nerds" as there are several. The traditional root of "Uber" refers to the singularly great, which could only apply to one, the greatest, optimal nerd.

*adjusts nerd glasses*

homer_and_the_nerds.gif

AstroLad said:
MEGATON. Great Dave will flip out (from happiness)!

:D yeah, it's fantastic. Free downloads are fantastic, especially with a game like Rock Band that people invest so much money in to.

Still Alive should be great. It's not going to be the most exciting song on any instrument, but when it's free it's easy to get excited about.

Slacker

Mediocre update for me. I'm glad that it's free, but I can't see playing this more than a couple times. Oh well, I have my Boston pack; I won't complain if the next six weeks of DLC is lame. :D

watership

I'm confused. No updates because the online sony store is being upgraded, but what about the 360 Marketplace? They just want to release everything on the same weeks so no platform falls behind?

Also, it seems that most people in this forum have the PS3 version.. am I wrong?

watership said:
I'm confused. No updates because the online sony store is being upgraded, but what about the 360 Marketplace? They just want to release everything on the same weeks so no platform falls behind?

Also, it seems that most people in this forum have the PS3 version.. am I wrong?
No, the 360 version definitely seems to be more common.

What a bittersweet week... I'm really frustrated at the lack of Simple Man and Muse, still... but free Still Alive is pretty awesome in itself.

watership

TheGreatDave said:
Burnout sold more on 360? I assume DMC did because of Japan and all, but not Burnout. Shocker.

Burnout sold more on 360. But DMC sold marginally better on PS3, because of Japan.

Edit. Sorry about driving the thread off topic :\

Changeup. I'm very disappinted that GHIII might be getting Def Leppard, and not Rock Band.

watership said:
Burnout sold more on 360. But DMC sold marginally better on PS3, because of Japan.

Edit. Sorry about driving the thread off topic :\

Changeup. I'm very disappinted that GHIII might be getting Def Leppard, and not Rock Band.

I was just listening to "Don't Cry (Alt. Lyrics)" and think that no GNR is the real crime.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Imagine Def Leppard Rock Band, would you get extra points for one-handed drumming?

And yes, if Rock Band can't get GnR, or alternately if Guitar Hero doesn't expand into a Rock-Band-esque type of game with a mic, I will be sorely disappointed. I have got to be able to flex my axl chops as well as my slash riffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom