• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"To Begin With? Everything." The Official ROCK BAND Thread (M3wThr33: WE HATE YOU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there a way to create a random setlist in the game outside of band world tour mode? me and my buddies were doing a drinking game last night (worst score does a shot) but there are a lot of songs that we dont like or that would put the mic person at a disadvantage (who gets a bonus 3% anyways in our drinking game!)

koam

FrenchMovieTheme said:
is there a way to create a random setlist in the game outside of band world tour mode? me and my buddies were doing a drinking game last night (worst score does a shot) but there are a lot of songs that we dont like or that would put the mic person at a disadvantage (who gets a bonus 3% anyways in our drinking game!)

Go into quick play, the very first option is "random song" :p

Woah. Okay, maybe I'm late on this, but the 360 version of Rock Band supports both guitars from Guitar Hero 2 and 3?!

If it's true, then I'm a happy guy! I can't stand the Rock Band guitar.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
GhaleonEB said:
Edit: so for $30 more you get the entire kit, with mic and guitar? WTF.

The difference is even smaller than that. I've seen the bundle on sale for $149.99. This week, the lowest price I've seen is $159.00 at Fry's. Just buy the game and thank me later.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
ghostmind said:
yup... as a fellow hater of the Strat, i use the les paul...

I've been using the Les Paul, but it's dying and it's barely out of warranty. This will force me to build a Super-Strat. Where's a good place to buy a hot glue gun?

ghostmind said:
yup... as a fellow hater of the Strat, i use the les paul...

Mucho Gracias for ze info!

For me it's the buttons that are INSIDE the handle which gives no tactil guides for the fingers as to where they are and strumming bar doesn't 'click' properly so you have no idea if you just hit the note right.

Go into quick play, the very first option is "random song"

i don't want to play a random song from all songs available. i want to creat a setlist with X amount of songs (the ones we like) and then have that be randomized.

or does going to random then give you a sub menu where you can do that? sorry i left my 360 and game at my buddies so i cant test it out right now

bounchfx

GhaleonEB said:
$170 is too much. So is $140. I just wanna play the drums. I'll look for a different game. Bummer.

being totally honest here: fuck other games. this is worth every penny and then some. Just save up.

derder

Don't know if this has been posted.
here

I just saw the debate on price, so I thought I'd throw that in if someone was still on the fence for some reason.

TAJ

SketchTheArtist said:
For me it's the buttons that are INSIDE the handle which gives no tactil guides for the fingers as to where they are

You probably only spent a few minutes with it. There are raised bits at the top and bottom of the button section that tell you where to stop moving your hand up or down. Also, the yellow button is the only one with a bump in the middle.

Perdew

GhaleonEB said:
0_0

So it's $140 for the drums and game? Fuck that.

(thanks)

Yea the price sucks, especially when you add in the DLC. I'll admit that I've spent much more on much worse though (I'm looking at you Pop'n)

koam

Well "Welcome Home" certainly was a lot more enjoyable on expert. My damn foot is killing after doing orange crush and when we were young on expert.

There are only two things i have problems with doing on the drums:

1) Hit two colors, foot pedal, hit two colors, foot pedal, hit two colors, foot pedal
2) Fast drumming, i just can't get the coordination down

birdman

koam said:
Well "Welcome Home" certainly was a lot more enjoyable on expert. My damn foot is killing after doing orange crush and when we were young on expert.

1) Hit two colors, foot pedal, hit two colors, foot pedal, hit two colors, foot pedal
2) Fast drumming, i just can't get the coordination down

1) I know what you mean. Those still give me trouble to this day and I've been playing since release.

2) Don't have rolls down either. One day, I hope.

bounchfx

Perdew said:
Yea the price sucks, especially when you add in the DLC. I'll admit that I've spent much more on much worse though (I'm looking at you Pop'n)

oh hell yeah, when I think about how much I paid in DLC it makes me laugh.

it makes me laugh because it's all from Christmas and Birthday MS Point cards. I've yet to pay any of my own money for it, and I have all the songs minus 4 or 5. BOOYEAH. still have about 2000-3000 points... ikaruga comes out soon, and albums are probably hitting soon as well. oy oy!

The Jer

I prefer the stat more than any other guitar.
But, it's probably because I'm used to more than anything.
I get frustrated with other guitars because the fret buttons aren't the same. I move my hand around the neck of the guitar and like crazy and my fingers aren't down. I "know" where the fret buttons are going to be on the strat. I can't do that same thing on other guitars.
A second guitar that was the strat, but with a different strum bar.
I like both types of strum bars (the strat kind and the clickity-click/GH3), so I'd like the option to be able to use one or the other, but on the strat guitar.

Struct09

GhaleonEB said:
0_0

So it's $140 for the drums and game? Fuck that.

(thanks)

I bought the whole bundle and sold the Stratocaster (Xbox 360 version) for $70 + shipping on eBay. So I effectively got the game + mic + drums for $100.

123rl

koam said:

I hate this too! I beat Foreplay/Long Time on medium drums today...I had a x4 multiplier for most of the song then when it got to red/yellow, bass pedal, r/y, bass really quickly I almost failed:lol

Spruchy said:
Beat run to the hills on hard drums last night.

FINALLY!!!!

Teach me your ways! The only hard drum song I can't beat. I'm also stuck on expert hand that feeds. I think a lot of it has to do with I just don't understand how the chart fits in the song.

I guess the somewhat broken red drum doesn't help either though.

GhaleonEB said:
$170 is too much. So is $140. I just wanna play the drums. I'll look for a different game. Bummer.

Buy the drums for $80 and then try and find a disc-only copy on ebay for around $20-30. You don't really need the box and instruction manual do you?

Oni Jazar

birdman said:
1) I know what you mean. Those still give me trouble to this day and I've been playing since release.

2) Don't have rolls down either. One day, I hope.

I have the same problems. You would think that 1 would be easy to do but damn it gets me every time.

koam said:
Foreplay/Long time is no where near on the top with all instruments, wtf people? Do you play alone or something. The singer has nothing to do for the first 25% of the song. As for "won't get fooled again" there's a 20-30 second gap near the end where nothing is happening.

Maybe nothing is happening for you. For me, my world is being rocked, as I stand in a trance, waiting anxiously to scream "YEAHHHHHHH!"

Javaman

A couple questions about the stat tracking... In single player tour my score ingame is different from the leaderboards. It's tracking my older score but is there a long delay in it being updated, or do easy songs (my most recently played) not count for total score? I'm noticing the same thing in local band mode. We earned enough fans to be on the leaderboard, but we hadn't made it on the board yet. Thx. (360 btw)

Perdew

bounchfx said:
oh hell yeah, when I think about how much I paid in DLC it makes me laugh.

it makes me laugh because it's all from Christmas and Birthday MS Point cards. I've yet to pay any of my own money for it, and I have all the songs minus 4 or 5. BOOYEAH. still have about 2000-3000 points... ikaruga comes out soon, and albums are probably hitting soon as well. oy oy!

<---- Totally OT but Ikaruga might take a week of DLC out of me. <3

Yea, when I price DLC in my mind, it seems to even out to be a little cheaper than a new Beatmania IIDX Style, for about the same number of songs, except generally I can actually pass the stuff on Rock Band. So I don't have any buyer's remorse yet.

koam

TheGreatDave said:
Yeah I do. I have a GH:3 guitar, GH:2 guitar and a Singstar mic. I wouldn't be in love with Rock Band if all I had was the guitar, would I? Singing is my favourite part.

But but but drums are the best instrument! (Why don't you buy the standalone kit?)

koam said:
But but but drums are the best instrument! (Why don't you buy the standalone kit?)

Cos I'm in the UK. Getting a drum kit here would be expensive, and I'm waiting for the 360 version (I'm using the PS2 game at the minute)

I've already spent over £100 on Rock Band, and I don't have the version I want...

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I finally am getting this game today.

I have my housewarming party in a couple of weeks and Rock Band will be played there. I have to get some practice in so I don't make a fool of mysef.

Mr Jared

Still Alive. Tomorrow. Fo' free.

I'd paste the press release but I read it over someones shoulder :lol I'll go try and find that.

Edit: CURSES. Beaten ;o I guess that's the only song this week too.

koam

Due to work Sony is doing on their store they won't be adding new material for a couple weeks so this won't release on PlayStation Store this week. When they go back up with new material in a few weeks, though, it will be there lovingly waiting for you. For free. I'll post something up here when it is available on that platform.

:(

FREE? <gaf>TOO EXPENSIVE</gaf>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom