• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"To Begin With? Everything." The Official ROCK BAND Thread (M3wThr33: WE HATE YOU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceres

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
Beethoven's C*** is one of my favorites from DLC. Drums are very, very fun.

Exactly. Playing drums on a lot of songs takes them from being a crappy song to at least fun on drums. Even I'll admit I like the drumming on that Fall Out Boy song despite hating their oversall sound. Of course. I do actually like SoaD and do enjoy the Serj song.

And for guessing, I'm going to go with a South Park pack. While I would absolutely love (and prefer) the original, Cartman's version of Come Sail Away is awesome.

How about a comedy mix like Weird Al, They Might Be Giants, and some other "joke" band?

Coop

Ceres said:
Exactly. Playing drums on a lot of songs takes them from being a crappy song to at least fun on drums. Even I'll admit I like the drumming on that Fall Out Boy song despite hating their oversall sound. Of course. I do actually like SoaD and do enjoy the Serj song.

And for guessing, I'm going to go with a South Park pack. While I would absolutely love (and prefer) the original, Cartman's version of Come Sail Away is awesome.

How about a comedy mix like Weird Al, They Might Be Giants, and some other "joke" band?
A DVDA pack would be awesome... Now You're a Man, What would Brian Boitono(sp) Do?, America FUCK YEAH.

The Jer

Ceres said:

A South Park pack would be awesome.
I wouldn't be disappointed with Weird Al either.

koam

NEVERFUCKINGMIND NEVERFUCKINGMIND

Or if you really want to surprise us, release Nirvana - Nirvana so i can get "You know you're right"

AMUSIX

The nice thing about Weird Al songs (his parodies) is all they have to do is release the original, then you can sings whatever lyrics you want. Of course, they could also put in an option for alternate lyrics...

koam

I'm kinda dissappointed with the lack of "Nevermind" and "Who's next" because they were promissed at launch and we still haven't had word as to why we haven't seen them yet. The "albums" infrastructure is there, what's the hold up?

DGRP

I hated to wait for the announcement for the first delay, but damnit the wait was fucking worth it, Beethoven's C*** and Shockwave are the shit.

Hope next week is the same.

birdman

AMUSIX said:
The nice thing about Weird Al songs (his parodies) is all they have to do is release the original, then you can sings whatever lyrics you want. Of course, they could also put in an option for alternate lyrics...

I already do that with Learn to Fly, or should I say, Learn to Pie. It's a hit at parties.

PacoDG

So is my guitar broken?

I have been playing drums since getting my Rock Band.. but after beating it I have now moved onto guitar (starting on Medium). I have missed notes, whatever, thought it was me. But just right now I was playing The Hives - Main Offender. There is like these streaks of notes that I KNOW I was hitting. I know it for sure. But the guitar wasn't picking up a few notes and would throw me off even though I was definitely hitting them. (having my brother try it right now on the same song to make sure it isn't me, but wondering if this is the sign that i have a broken guitar and need to hit up that EA link)

mike23

PacoDG said:
So is my guitar broken?

I have been playing drums since getting my Rock Band.. but after beating it I have now moved onto guitar (starting on Medium). I have missed notes, whatever, thought it was me. But just right now I was playing The Hives - Main Offender. There is like these streaks of notes that I KNOW I was hitting. I know it for sure. But the guitar wasn't picking up a few notes and would throw me off even though I was definitely hitting them. (having my brother try it right now on the same song to make sure it isn't me, but wondering if this is the sign that i have a broken guitar and need to hit up that EA link)

You've probably already tried this, but calibrate it and see if it helps at all

Kak.efes

Anyone got any tips on going from medium guitar, to hard guitar? The extra chord completely discombobulates me at times, I think I'm shifting my fingers improperly.

Bogus

sneaky77 said:
Tenacious D pack confirmed! (I wish)

A Tenacious D pack would be awesome, but most (if not all) of their songs have a lot of swearing. I don't think HMX would want to bypass their PG rating just for the 'D, sadly.

Bogus said:
A Tenacious D pack would be awesome, but most (if not all) of their songs have a lot of swearing. I don't think HMX would want to bypass their PG rating just for the 'D, sadly.
el scorcho says goddamn, and i think thats a bit more than pg. i actually don't think its that bad, but oh well.

gimme shelter talks about rape, and as does run to the hills.

we can always get toned down tenacious d songs. :lol

Can't they just make DLC higher rated than the game? There's parental controls and stuff...

"raping the women" in Run to the Hills is a lot riskier than "My voice is fucking POWERFULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!" anyway, if you ask me. But hey, I don't make the rules.

FF_VIII said:
No way, it'll end up like Killing in the name from GH2.:lol

"You don't always have to love her hard..."

TheGreatDave said:
Can't they just make DLC higher rated than the game? There's parental controls and stuff...

"raping the women" in Run to the Hills is a lot riskier than "My voice is fucking POWERFULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!" anyway, if you ask me. But hey, I don't make the rules.

"You don't always have to love her hard..."
reminds me of jonah hill trying to make superbad somewhat clean in the extra footage.

"she looks like she could take a hug!"

TheExodu5

Banned
This might be a weird question in these parts...but anyone wanna play online? :lol

My PSN is TheExodu5, and I R DRUMMAR!

Also, I have all the DLC.

deftangel

took a programming course
Are any other PAL (UK) importers having issues getting scores uploaded onto the leaderboards? Apparently our band name "Pick of the Tits" wasn't classy enough so having changed it we still can't seem to appear on the leaderboards.

The Rock band save is on a UK PSN account not the US one I made for getting DLC. Would that be why?

Lonestar said:
I would really like Avon from Queens of the Stone Age...

I love that song, but that would be terrible on guitar. 80% would be the same chord over and over.

When it comes to early QOTSA, The Bronze is still my pick. Songs for the Deaf would be a great album download though.

123rl

The Jer said:
sweet.

P.S. Welcome Home is the best song to play in the entire game

Definitely in the top 5 but it's nowhere near the best, IMO. Won't Get Fooled Again and Foreplay/Long Time both kill it on every instrument

bounchfx

123rl said:
Definitely in the top 5 but it's nowhere near the best, IMO. Won't Get Fooled Again and Foreplay/Long Time both kill it on every instrument

last I checked "in the top 5" is pretty fucking close to the best.

however, Working Man beats the shit out of welcome home, but I do agree it's one of the cooler songs to play. The game has tons of awesome stuff.

123rl

bounchfx said:
last I checked "in the top 5" is pretty fucking close to the best.

however, Working Man beats the shit out of welcome home, but I do agree it's one of the cooler songs to play. The game has tons of awesome stuff.

Welcome Home is one of my favourite songs. I was just saying I prefer those two to Welcome Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom