• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"To Begin With? Everything." The Official ROCK BAND Thread (M3wThr33: WE HATE YOU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
TheGreatDave said:
It's not just that. Theres a couple of spots where it just seems odd. I can't put my finger on it.

Playing two guitar parts is hardly a bad thing though. It's not like the song was ever all that difficult, the GH chart certainly looks more fun.

There's hardly any difference between the charts. There's an extra hammer on triplet and an extra chord in the main chorus, but that's because of the differences between the cover and the master. You're seriously grasping at straws.

Ten-Song

duderon said:
There's hardly any difference between the charts. There's an extra hammer on triplet and an extra chord in the main chorus, but that's because of the differences between the cover and the master. You're seriously grasping at straws.

More Than A Feeling: Guitar Hero
More Than A Feeling: Rock Band

The only difference I see is mostly Harmonix tweaking the song to be a hair more difficult in Rock Band, but beyond that, the only big difference between the two versions, is one's a cover, and one isn't.

Bahzing

So tonight, me and some friends gathered around to play some RockBand. Well, to make a long story short, the Xbox tipped over while we were playing a song (someone tripped on the Ethernet cable) and now the disc is unreadable, and I mean really unreadable as there were two giant round scratches on it.

Now, my question is, is there any kind of warranty for that, or am I just fucked and I need to buy another goddamn disc.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
I hate that all this goodness is happening while my 360's MIA. =[

Anywho, anyone have any idea what mod this guy did for his kick?

duderon said:

Yeah, you're right. I remembered the Guitar Hero 1 chart differently, but I just went back and saw it again. I step down. I think the problem is I was so used to playing it with Hyperspeed that the chart seemed too be lacking notes because it was slower.

The bit I was describing as odd is the first orange note in the main riff at the start. I'm so used to it being a held note that playing the one a step down straight after is what was standing out to me. But hey, maybe it syncs up to the master better.

Peru

So I got the game and I'm loving it of course. One question: I've downloaded a bunch of tracks, but I don't know how I get to play them - only one of em is playable. Do I have to wait for them to appear in world tour to unlock them? I thought once I'd bought 'em I could do what I want with them in quick play.

Slacker

Peru said:
So I got the game and I'm loving it of course. One question: I've downloaded a bunch of tracks, but I don't know how I get to play them - only one of em is playable. Do I have to wait for them to appear in world tour to unlock them? I thought once I'd bought 'em I could do what I want with them in quick play.
They should just be there. If you're on a PS3, did you "install" them? Fire up the beast and press down on the game menu to see what's listed under rock band. If you see any songs there, click on each one to install it.

rotaryspirit said:
Holy shit. This Boston song pack for drums is absolutely amazing. It's pretty much a godsend of awesome drumming. I loves it so much.
Yeah, the drum parts are really fun. Every song is right at the level where it's interesting to play, but not overly difficult. There are a lot of fun little fills, too. It's just a great pack all around.

TheGreatDave said:
I've already said I was wrong. Not-a-real-troll-just-a-case-of-misremembering-the-chart confirmed!
:lol :lol :lol
1zlw2ue.jpg

Sylar

Banned
Please Behind Blue Eyes. I just want to sing it SO FUCKING BAD.

Also I got my replacement guitar today...there's screws all over the strum plate wtf.

Righty10

TheGreatDave said:
Still Alive ain't no joke, son. That shit is moving.
Well yeah. Still Alive is no joke song, but in theory it would be more in line with April Fools than anything else they've released.

Besides, the track has been done for awhile now.

No DLC announcement today :(

HMXSean said:
Due to circumstances beyond my control we won't be announcing next week's DLC until Monday afternoon. Probably around 2... maybe earlier, maybe later... but I am aiming for 2. That's eastern time, post meridiem.

See you then,
Sean

PS Go, go gadget conspiracy theories!

Albums? Or is HMXSean just dicking around with us?

koam

TheGreatDave said:
I've already said I was wrong. Not-a-real-troll-just-a-case-of-misremembering-the-chart confirmed!

It's also a case of you not having drums which is the best instrument :p

And yeah, for the person who asked, my friend sent me the songs via PSN. He's buying some songs, i'm buying others.

LakeEarth

Bahzing said:
So tonight, me and some friends gathered around to play some RockBand. Well, to make a long story short, the Xbox tipped over while we were playing a song (someone tripped on the Ethernet cable) and now the disc is unreadable, and I mean really unreadable as there were two giant round scratches on it.

Now, my question is, is there any kind of warranty for that, or am I just fucked and I need to buy another goddamn disc.
You might want to call EA and see what they say. If all else fails, you can pay many Blockbusters $4 to use their disk re-buffer.

Glad they have a sense of humor about it, but I'd like to know what's causing these delays too.

Righty10

HMXSean said:
HMXSean:
Due to circumstances beyond my control we won't be announcing next week's DLC until Monday afternoon. Probably around 2... maybe earlier, maybe later... but I am aiming for 2. That's eastern time, post meridiem.

See you then,
Sean

Wonder what song has the obscene title this week...

HMXSean said:

See you then,
Sean

OMG NEVERMIND CONFIRMED!!1!1
sigh ...

Vicious

TheGreatDave said:
I think the problem is I was so used to playing it with Hyperspeed that the chart seemed too be lacking notes because it was slower.

Was hyperspeed even in GH1? I thought GH2 was the first to have it.

Ceres

Banned
I was going to buy the pack but then it showed as purchased in the in game store and I was too lazy to get out of the game, buy it, download it, install it, and then get back into the game. I'll get it tonight.

M3wThr33

Banned
I <3 Serj.

Anyways, I think I finally understand the missing Boston song to complete the album. It's one of the more popular from that album, meaning it is desirable. If it was a less known song, when it came time to complete the album, a lot of people wouldn't feel inclined.

And you know damn sure there's something special ingame they're planning for albums.

FF_VIII said:
Pretty much.

After getting hyped up about the last delay, then getting Paramore and Serj I'm just gonna assume it's something shitty.

But they weren't delayed to being shitty. It was either dealing with possible censorship/decency rules OR because of a SXSW deal.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
FF_VIII said:
Pretty much.

After getting hyped up about the last delay, then getting Paramore and Serj I'm just gonna assume it's something shitty.

Or more like they're delaying the announcement for maximum April Fool's effectiveness.

TheExodu5

Banned
FF_VIII said:
Pretty much.

Beethoven's C*** is one of my favorites from DLC. Drums are very, very fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom