• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"To Begin With? Everything." The Official ROCK BAND Thread (M3wThr33: WE HATE YOU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
123rl said:
Not hassle-free, but it is possible

a, Sign up for a US PSN account (search on Google for details)

b, Sign up for an account with ENTROPAY at www.entropay.com

This is an online 'Virtual Visa Card'. You top it up with a Visa credit/debit card for a small fee (5%...about 50p for every £10). Go back to PSN and add a new credit/debit card...type in your Entropay account name, expiration date, card number etc and it's done! Now you just top up your Entropay account whenever you want to top up your PSN Wallet to buy stuff from PSN :D

I keep my Entropay money at a minimum. I just log in, add £10 or so onto Entropay and it's done immediately. Go onto PSN and select something to buy it. I add the funds to my PSN Wallet and it's taken out immediately. Works flawlessly for me and I've probably spent about £30 using this since I started

If they don't announce a date by April first I'm importing. So sick of waiting, so fuck you EA Yurop! NO MONEY FROM ME BITCHES!

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Easy Bass on Wanted Dead or alive with an 8 note streak? She could possibly have the worst rhythm ever.

People this bad at the game kinda freak me out. I don't understand what it's like to not have rhythm. Music would totally suck if you couldn't feel it...

tiong_fi

McBradders said:
EURO'S WITH IMPORT COPIES ON PS3!

Can you buy your shit through the Rock Store "hassle free"?

Yeah, I can buy stuff from the US Playstation Store with my Finnish VISA Card with no problems whatsoever.

Onemic

Picture005.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avalon

onemic said:
Picture005.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happened to my girlfriend recently. Just ended up buying a replacement peddle on Ebay. It feels a lot better now.

Originally Posted by onemic:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happened to my girlfriend recently. Just ended up buying a replacement peddle on Ebay. It feels a lot better now.

Agh!! Unlucky! I do feel however you should have put that in a spolier I feel you might have jinxed my weekend :p

TheExodu5

Banned
I'm posting to recommend the Metal Pedal I bought and received last week.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00133ELQM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I used it on my snapped in two pedal, and it works perfectly. The weight of the pedal definitely feels a lot better now, and double hits are much easier. $30 very well spent (although you can get the regular pedal+hinge for $20). If you want to fix a broken pedal (or even enhance your current one, preventing it from breaking) I highly recommend it.

Luckily, in Canada, looks like EA doesn't even need me to send my broken pedal back. So I'm using my Metal Pedal'ed broken pedal and I have a brand new one for backup! :D

TheExodu5 said:

I used it on my snapped in two pedal, and it works perfectly. The weight of the pedal definitely feels a lot better now, and double hits are much easier. $30 very well spent (although you can get the regular pedal+hinge for $20). If you want to fix a broken pedal (or even enhance your current one, preventing it from breaking) I highly recommend it.

Luckily, in Canada, looks like EA doesn't even need me to send my broken pedal back. So I'm using my Metal Pedal'ed broken pedal and I have a brand new one for backup! :D

Yeah, I got that one too. Works real nice.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
TheExodu5 said:

How hard is that to install?

I'd be interested in that too and has anyone seen the red drumsticks available anywhere? the rock band store and Amazon are out of stock. Oh and while I'm at it anyone seen the drum travel bag? It was put back for Feb 28 to March 28.

TheExodu5 said:
For some reason EA Canada loves to let people keep their broken stuff. They've let me keep so far a broken guitar, a broken pedal and TWO broken drum kits.

I have a homemade Metal Pedal equivalent made of WOOD. It's bad ass.

Vicious

BobFromPikeCreek said:
So what have you guys gold starred in terms of drumming?

Say It Ain't So
Creep
I Think I'm Paranoid
Wanted Dead or Alive
Gimme Shelter
Enter Sandman
Live Forever
Sex Type Thing

I'm at about 8.1 million for career score, and still stuck on don't fear the reaper.

TheExodu5

Banned
NameGenerated said:
How hard is that to install?

It'll take maybe 15 minutes of your time.

The hardest part is knocking the pin out of the existing hinge. The hinge is replace with a sort flexible plastic. I was skeptical at first, but it works fabulously.

BobFromPikeCreek said:
For some reason EA Canada loves to let people keep their broken stuff. They've let me keep so far a broken guitar, a broken pedal and TWO broken drum kits.

I have a homemade Metal Pedal equivalent made of WOOD. It's bad ass.

Well I assumed I'm allowed to keep it. The box didn't have any payed return or instructions or anything, so I assumed I don't have to return it.

LakeEarth

My leg gets tired when I'm drumming more then 4-5 songs. What kind of exercises you think will work best? Running? Crunches?

I'm amazingly planning on working out for a videogame, my god :lol

Vicious

I don't really understand how peoples legs get that tired. I've never drummed before in my life, and I can play about 30 songs in a row on drums and my leg will be no more tired than my arms. You barely have to raise your leg at all.

I think/guess some people may be still tapping (on the footpad) and leaving their foot raised beteen each beat (which killed my shin muscles after 3 songs) rather that the suggested flip method.

LakeEarth

Now that we have 3 different services that release something new every week, but don't announce it till days before (VC, XBLA and Rockband DLC), I'm amazed by the amount of people who build up every week like something huge is going to hit, gets disappointed when it doesn't happen, yet do the EXACT SAME THING the following week. Its mind-blowing.

LakeEarth said:
Now that we have 3 different services that release something new every week, but don't announce it till days before (VC, XBLA and Rockband DLC), I'm amazed by the amount of people who build up every week like something huge is going to hit, gets disappointed when it doesn't happen, yet do the EXACT SAME THING the following week. Its mind-blowing.

WHO'S NEXT COMING THIS WEEK, I CAN FEEL IT.

Bogus

Vicious said:
I don't really understand how peoples legs get that tired. I've never drummed before in my life, and I can play about 30 songs in a row on drums and my leg will be no more tired than my arms. You barely have to raise your leg at all.

Well, the big problem for me is that we don't have any seats in our apartment that allow my leg to be at a 90 degree or higher angle with the floor. Lifting my leg continuously when it's already technically in a "lifted" position gets extremely tiring quickly. Beyond that, I messed up my right ankle a few years back and never got it checked out, so it hasn't really healed properly.

Playing on a real drum kit doesn't bother me, though, probably because the pedals offer more resistance and bounce... but I might just be making that up, seeing as I'm a bassist and only get to dick around on the drum kit when we're taking lunch breaks between practice or recording sessions. :lol

Ten-Song

LakeEarth said:

Yeah, well the difference in guessing and hoping for Rock Band content, is it's the only one of those three that's had consistently good stuff come along. Xbox Live Arcade is always spotty, and the Virtual Console has seemingly fallen off the face of the Earth.

Chris R

This pack is alot of fun. Played all the songs, such a great pack. Only didn't sing, but man I'm going to do that later tonight.

Might have to send away for a drum coffin though, one of the pads seems a tad unresponsive. What song on expert has ashitload of rolls on each pad?

Touchdown

Banned
Just beat the world tour on expert on guitar, my brother was on drums. We just recently started downloading some songs from live. There are so many, anybody have any favorites or suggestions? I only downloaded the Oasis Pack so far and its pretty good. My friend gave me crap about buying the oasis songs because they are really easy and he thinks they are corny but I like them.:lol

Ten-Song

Touchdown said:
My friend gave me crap about buying the oasis songs because they are really easy and he thinks they are corny but I like them.:lol

Don't you take no shit from anyone that dares to hate on Oasis!

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
TheGreatDave said:
Rock Band'd.
Yeah, I really hate when they nerf the charts. If there is a guitar string plucked, I want to play something to correspond to it. If multiple strings are plucked I want to play a goddamn chord.

If there are rapid hits on cymbals in a song I want to play something for all of 'em.

That's what expert is there for.

edit: Nevermind. Shit I just looked at the original chart for Guitar Hero and they're suprisingly similar.

Jesus. I've improved a lot. I FC'd it my first try.

I just wish they didn't have you playing more boring parts in it.

Raistlin

TheExodu5 said:

Sweet ... I'm ordering one ... thanks!

BobsRevenge said:
Yeah, I really hate when they nerf the charts. If there is a guitar string plucked, I want to play something to correspond to it. If multiple strings are plucked I want to play a goddamn chord.

If there are rapid hits on cymbals in a song I want to play something for all of 'em.

That's what expert is there for.

edit: Nevermind. Shit I just looked at the original chart for Guitar Hero and they're suprisingly similar.

Jesus. I've improved a lot. I FC'd it my first try.

I just wish they didn't have you playing more boring parts in it.

The original chart has you doing a lot more. I'd trade it in for a master track, but the RB chart seems off to me.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
TheGreatDave said:
...the RB chart seems off to me.

You mean they don't have you playing two guitar parts at once? THE HORROR.

TAJ said:
You mean they don't have you playing two guitar parts at once? THE HORROR.

It's not just that. Theres a couple of spots where it just seems odd. I can't put my finger on it.

Playing two guitar parts is hardly a bad thing though. It's not like the song was ever all that difficult, the GH chart certainly looks more fun.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
BobFromPikeCreek said:
Piano is ok, but god forbid they use both the guitar tracks.

O RLY?

(about the keyboard solos in Smokin')
TAJ said:
It annoys me way too much for me to have any fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom