• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Brady suspended for 4 games; Patriots lose first-round draft pick; fined $1 mil

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomster

If it goes to Federal court then everything will come out. That could be either really good or really bad for Brady. Only time will tell.
Doubt it. They aren't going to investigate what happened in federal court, just whether the NFL has the authority implement suspensions in the manner they did.

BobLoblaw

Banned
How the fuck does Goodell justify lowering a wife beaters suspension from 10 to 4 games while keeping Brady 4 game suspension for "maybe possibly knowing something but we're not sure."
It's that idiot Goodell. The man who brought us the Ray Rice two game suspension scandal. He's the absolute worse when it comes to handling situations like this. Can't wait to see how Goodell handles getting stomped by the courts (again).

Crisco

Banned
This will not go to federal court, unless Brady also retires and dissociates himself from the Patriots first. Kraft/Belichick don't want federal investigators anywhere near Foxboro.

chadskin

Exactly, Get all the phone records and prove this one way or another.

They'll probably have to ask the NSA whether they kept all of their text messages as the folks involved made sure they were deleted from the devices once the rumors about deflated balls popped up. IIRC the texts cited in the report had to be recovered with "forensic tools".

KHarvey16

This will not go to federal court, unless Brady also retires and dissociates himself from the Patriots first. Kraft/Belichick don't want federal investigators anywhere near Foxboro.

Federal investigators? It would be a civil case and the NFL would lose badly.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Given that there was apparently zero evidence found on the ball handler cells that implicated Brady, what exactly do people expect to find?

KHarvey16

why would they lose?

Because they violated the process by having underlings hand out the suspensions on top of using the most hilariously inept investigation to base it on. Anyone who reads that report and thinks it will stand up to even the most basic scientific scrutiny is delusional.

The NFLPA wrote a letter that sums up the issues and precedents that will come into play.

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/PDFs/Media Resources/Brady_Appeal_Letter.pdf

BobLoblaw

Banned
He was right about Lebron possibly going back to Cleveland way before anyone thought it was a possibility.

He may be a loudmouth and annoying, but his sources are pretty on point.
He's also been wrong about the NBA Finals winner for the last five years as well.

This is really going to be a ride. The inner politics of billionaire owners are an enigma

And don't forget. Smith works for ESPN.

That's being a joke of a joke.

nomster

Sure it is, we don't even know if the suspension was upheld yet. You are getting way ahead of yourself.
So your first post was really just a trap to get people to respond to your hypothetical? Got it. I responded to your opinion on what would happen IF it went to Federal Court.

Kinsella

Banned
When I want NFL news, I always turn to Screamin' A. Smith since he's always displayed such a huge knowledge of the game.

LOL the idiot is even backtracking on his own phone breaking rumor. "I don't know." What a clown.

So your first post was really just a trap to get people to respond to your hypothetical? Got it. I responded to your opinion on what would happen IF it went to Federal Court.

No, I was commenting on your original post about what was going to happen in Federal court when we don't even know if the suspension was upheld. All I'm saying is it's too early to make definitive statements.

When I want NFL news, I always turn to Screamin' A. Smith since he's always displayed such a huge knowledge of the game.

LOL the idiot is even backtracking on his own phone breaking rumor. "I don't know." What a clown.

ESPN has zero credibility. They haven't even acknowledged or recanted their original tweets about the, "11 out of 12 balls 2psi under limit" shit.

They just say things and pretend they didn't when it turns out to be bullshit.

Quotient

ESPN has zero credibility. They haven't even acknowledged or recanted their original tweets about the, "11 out of 12 balls 2psi under limit" shit.

They just say things and pretend they didn't when it turns out to be bullshit.

I can understand why they won't. ESPN can lose a lot of money by really pissing off the NFL.

The tweet by Mortensen is what propelled this to a national story. The fact the NFL never responded to that tweet by either dismissing it as false, or revealing the actual numbers, should concern every owner and fan in the league.

Lynn616

They'll probably have to ask the NSA whether they kept all of their text messages as the folks involved made sure they were deleted from the devices once the rumors about deflated balls popped up. IIRC the texts cited in the report had to be recovered with "forensic tools".

I was thinking the phone company would have access to the txt messages on their end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom