• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Brady suspended for 4 games; Patriots lose first-round draft pick; fined $1 mil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please let this go to court. The only thing better then Brady actually taking the suspension he was given would be the shield losing in court and looking incompetent, again.

Kinsella

Banned
Pats fans can't even go to work without cheating. Smh

I imagine Seattle fans attempt to go to work but stop a foot from the front door and shit their pants.

Is it football season yet? I hate this deadzone of baseball and golf.

There is zero percent chance of this going to trial.

If the 4 games get upheld, I'm guessing there's a 100 percent chance of Brady's lawyers taking this to court.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
There is zero percent chance of this going to trial.

ESPN really wants to cover a trial though, so they're pushing the idea hard. On the drive to work this morning I heard no fewer than three different people suggest on ESPN Radio that unless Tom Brady is absolved of all guilt with the punishment being completely taken away, he'll pursue a lawsuit.

Apeopleman

Someone I know works in the building where Brady has to visit today.

Look at the press waiting for him outside!

e0S7Etb.jpg

MacAttack

RapSheet: Interesting to note: The @NFLPA called Robert Kraft to testify over the phone. He could not. So he offered a written statement of support.
Uh-oh.

Robert Kraft is overseas. Probably why he wasn't available for a phone call and instead provided a letter.

Don't try explain this away with facts and reason. Unsubstantiated innuendo has served this topic very well up until now.

Crisco

Banned
We already know Kraft and the Patriots have no interest in taking this to court. If Brady does so, he's on his own. A few deflated footballs pales to what subpoena power could uncover from that filthy organization.

KHarvey16

We already know Kraft and the Patriots have no interest in taking this to court. If Brady does so, he's on his own. A few deflated footballs pales to what subpoena power could uncover from that filthy organization.

That doesn't make much sense.

Also the players association has a pretty straight forward case against them given precedent. If the commissioner is smart the penalty will be vacated.

Seanspeed

Banned
Y'all see how Tom came back against the Bengals week 5?

It's gonna be like 10x that this time. They're gonna need a new Superbowl, where it's just Tom Brady vs the fucking universe. And it'll be a good game.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Probably to let the story cool down a bit.

The NFL loves doing this shit.

Nah, it'll be a huge story for a week or so when it's announced, and being so close to pre-season might even give it longer legs. It would be best to get the ruling over with sooner if they want it out of the public eye.

spyder_ur

There is some buzz in the local (Boston) media that the decision may very well come today. I think the NFLPA's leak that they plan to take any suspension to court is a hint that it might be imminent too.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I hope he sues so they can subpoena his phone stuff (all of it), but I'm guessing that's one reason he won't.

Quotient

I hope he sues so they can subpoena his phone stuff (all of it), but I'm guessing that's one reason he won't.

According to the NFLPA and sources close to Brady (and his lawyers), if the commissioner doesn't completely vacate the suspension, Brady will take it to federal court.

UberTag

According to the NFLPA and sources close to Brady (and his lawyers), if the commissioner doesn't completely vacate the suspension, Brady will take it to federal court.
Expecting the whole thing to be overturned then.
Brady will make Goodell his bitch... and every player will play hardball with the NFL going forward.
More cheating for the Patriots will soon follow as they will continue to remain unbeaten at home in meaningful games for the indefinite future.

Dolphins, Jets and Bills fans can kiss their playoff dreams goodbye as Brady will continue to play until he's 50.
(Or until the designated "tank" season when the Pats will cheat to throw games when Brady's chosen successor emerges from the college system... see Exhibit A, Andrew Luck.)

Yes, this post is intentionally ridiculous.

Seems kind of silly if they agree to reduce the suspension. If its 2 games is it really worth the effort?

Velcro Fly

if they reduced Greg Hardy from 10 to 4 they should reduce Brady from 4 to 0 and buy him a new Corvette for even bothering him with this shit.

Kinsella

Banned
So you've seen everything presented at the hearings?

The offense isn't one that carries with it a suspension. If Goodell upholds the suspension it's purely because he thinks Brady/Pats lied to him or willfully hid the truth. Not sure how a judge could overturn that since even Kraft backed down and Brady admitted to not turning over his phone during the main investigation. I don't see how Brady takes this to court.

Quotient

Seems kind of silly if they agree to reduce the suspension. If its 2 games is it really worth the effort?

It might be a matter of principle. Accepting any suspension would be accepting the outcomes of the Wells report that he cheated.

I don't understand the reason for reducing the suspension, either you uphold it or vacate it (due to new evidence).

It might be a matter of principle. Accepting any suspension would be accepting the outcomes of the Wells report that he cheated.

I don't understand the reason for reducing the suspension, either you uphold it or vacate it (due to new evidence).

Maybe, it's also throwing away money for other union members that need it much more just to potentially satiate one guys ego.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
How the fuck does Goodell justify lowering a wife beaters suspension from 10 to 4 games while keeping Brady 4 game suspension for "maybe possibly knowing something but we're not sure."

Here is what's going to happen.

Commish can't go easy on Tom, needs to establish power.

Commish knows that Brady will go to court even if he has one game suspension.

Brady will appeal in Federal Court.

Federal Court will throw out the suspension based on many circumstances as well as precedent not being set and possible faulty evidence.

Brady gets off, Commish establishes power and goes, "not my fault, I upheld the suspension, don't be mad at me owners!"

Brady is going to play all season while this is in court, you can play while the case is being heard.

Here is what's going to happen.

Commish can't go easy on Tom, needs to establish power.

Commish knows that Brady will go to court even if he has one game suspension.

Brady will appeal in Federal Court.

Federal Court will throw out the suspension based on many circumstances as well as precedent not being set and possible faulty evidence.

Brady gets off, Commish establishes power and goes, "not my fault, I upheld the suspension, don't be mad at me owners!"

Brady is going to play all season while this is in court, you can play while the case is being heard.

If it goes to Federal court then everything will come out. That could be either really good or really bad for Brady. Only time will tell.

Gigglepoo

I can't imagine that going to federal court will be good for the NFL. The more scrutiny put on the league and its process, the worse Goodell comes off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom