• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancys Splinter Cell Classic Trilogy HD for PS3 confirmed (xbox 1 screens)

Ugh I love me some HD collections, but having bought PoP coll and seeing their lack of interest in polish I think I'll skip this one. There are too many high quality ones coming.

Meadows

Banned
I for one like the collection, the stealth is a little janky but the trophies and better assets make it worth £25 imo, plus it's better than having to rifle through my loft to find the old games.

also trophies

EmSeta

I just bought it yesterday.

No Y-axis inversion. Simply unplayable. I just wasted a wad of money.

Fuck you Ubisoft. Fuck you.

Nizz

EmSeta said:

Unbelievable that they didn't include this seemingly simple option. There's no way I'd be able to play the game without being able to invert. That sucks man, can you bring it back for credit at least?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Is there any good reason they waited so long (and still haven't) to release this on US PSN?

I mean it cost them a sale. I will not buy it now. There are too many other games out, and I'm annoyed at being kept in the dark about it. And they are apparently shoddy ports on top of everything else.

Really dropped the ball on this one.

EmSeta said:

Are you serious... I can't play without changing the Y inversion smh fucking ubisoft...

Mileena

Banned
Evolved1 said:
Is there any good reason they waited so long (and still haven't) to release this on US PSN?

I mean it cost them a sale. I will not buy it now. There are too many other games out, and I'm annoyed at being kept in the dark about it. And they are apparently shoddy ports on top of everything else.

Really dropped the ball on this one.
yea I would have been all over this during June-August when there was literally no games coming out. Ubi seem pretty clueless honestly.

mclaren777

Two important questions...

1. Is it true that you cannot invert the Y-axis?
2. When will these be released in North America?

Cudder

Not sure if I wanna buy the whole collection or just Chaos Theory. Hmm.. How much are the games individually? 15$?

RedSwirl

Wait didn't the original releases have Y axis inversion?!

Also, someone should compare these to the original Xbox versions that you can get on XBL Games On Demand. Can't you play that version of CT in 720p anyway?

ctrayne

Stallion Free said:
Welcome to the magic of PC combined with a little internet research ability and 15 minutes of effort.
Did you enable ambient occlusion in Nhancer or something? Going to have to look into this when I get home. Nice work.

Now if only shadows worked in Pandora Tomorrow PC...

Evolved1

Just DL'd this from US PSN. Had to buy the trilogy, since they don't offer them separately. And yet it's separate downloads. :/ What a bunch of cunts.

Anyway... SC1 holy shit this is a terrible fucking port!!!

Lol audio, it's embarrassing. Omg the framerate is absolute shit (seriously, are you kidding me with this) and I'm only in the obstacle course. And I really fucking hope this isn't a bug and I'm just retarded... but I can't open the locked door in the very first area. It's telling me to equip a lockpick that I don't even have in my inventory. I mean a game breaking bug in the first 5 mins?

What a pile of shit this port is. Just... it's impossible how crap this is. And $40. Fuck these clowns man.

RedSwirl

Evolved1 said:
Just DL'd this from US PSN. Had to buy the trilogy, since they don't offer them separately. And yet it's separate downloads. :/ What a bunch of cunts.

Anyway... SC1 holy shit this is a terrible fucking port!!!

Lol audio, it's embarrassing. Omg the framerate is absolute shit (seriously, are you kidding me with this) and I'm only in the obstacle course. And I really fucking hope this isn't a bug and I'm just retarded... but I can;t open the locked door in the very first area. It's telling me to equip a lockpick that I don;t even have in my inventory. I mean a game breaking bug in the first 5 mins?

What a pile of shit this port is. Just... it's impossible how crap this is. And $40. Fuck these clowns man.

Does Chaos Theory at least run well?

Also, I guess this is as good a place to ask as any, but was the Sands of Time HD port really that bad? I still think about buying that game on PSN by itself since it was still such a great game, Is it really better to just stick with the Gamecube versino? If I know someone whose never played Sands of Time before, is the PSN version STILL not worth the $15?

jackdoe

Evolved1 said:
And I really fucking hope this isn't a bug and I'm just retarded... but I can't open the locked door in the very first area. It's telling me to equip a lockpick that I don't even have in my inventory. I mean a game breaking bug in the first 5 mins?

That's a secret area...

There's a lockpick in one of the rooms (you need to do a wall jump to get to it).

Evolved1

RedSwirl said:
Does Chaos Theory at least run well?

Also, I guess this is as good a place to ask as any, but was the Sands of Time HD port really that bad? I still think about buying that game on PSN by itself since it was still such a great game, Is it really better to just stick with the Gamecube versino? If I know someone whose never played Sands of Time before, is the PSN version STILL not worth the $15?

Haven't played CT yet... that's still downloading. Actually I turned off my PS3 in disgust after getting bugged on the intro mission.

I hear CT is the best port of the three though... but I don't have any first hand experience with it.

I still can't believe the framerate of SC1... and I don't generally notice FR unless it's really bad. I mean how is it even possible for such an old game to chug on PS3? It defies logic.

jackdoe said:
That's a secret area...

There's a lockpick in one of the rooms (you need to do a wall jump to get to it).

Oh.. ok I'll double check that in the morning. I thought it was the area I was supposed to go. Maybe I was too distracted by how bad the game runs.

Cudder

Evolved1 said:
Haven't played CT yet... that's still downloading. Actually I turned off my PS3 in disgust after getting bugged on the intro mission.

I hear CT is the best port of the three though... but I don't have any first hand experience with it.

I still can't believe the framerate of SC1... and I don't generally notice FR unless it's really bad. I mean how is it even possible for such an old game to chug on PS3? It defies logic.

Oh.. ok I'll double check that in the morning. I thought it was the area I was supposed to go. Maybe I was too distracted by how bad the game runs.
there's a huge metal door that you need to go through in that exact area. you don't go through the locked door. I was stuck there too until I googled the problem. extremely shitty game design if I've ever seen it.

anyways I'm still only in the first mission in SC1 but I like it overall. it look so clean. he only thing that bugs me so far is that the audio in the CG cutscenes is FAR too low. cant even hear anything without jacking up the volume.

the framerate is hit or miss with me. at times its like its 60fps, others it drops a bit, but its still all playable for me. I cant wait to get to chaos theory.

oh, and use the official thread. ;)

Top Bottom