• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancys Splinter Cell Classic Trilogy HD for PS3 confirmed (xbox 1 screens)

Jim

March 22nd, 2011. $40. PSN and on disc.

UBISOFT ANNOUNCES TOM CLANCY'S SPLINTER CELL CLASSIC TRILOGY HD AND PRINCE OF PERSIA CLASSIC TRILOGY HD FOR PlayStation 3

Gamers will be able to experience the first three action-packed narratives of operative Sam Fisher and rediscover the original Prince of Persia trilogy both re-mastered in High Definition and integrated 3D stereoscopic view.

SAN FRANCISCO – January 31, 2011 – Today Ubisoft announced Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell® Classic Trilogy HD and Prince of Persia® Classic Trilogy HD for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell® Classic Trilogy HD and Prince of Persia® Classic Trilogy HD will give gamers the opportunity to relive the critically acclaimed Price of Persia and Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell series, re-mastered in high definition and 3D stereoscopic view.

Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Classic Trilogy HD and Prince of Persia Classic Trilogy HD each combine three full-length games onto one Blu-Ray disc: Splinter Cell®, Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow® and Splinter Cell Chaos Theory® will be bundled together for the first time while the three Prince of Persia titles, Prince of Persia The Sands of Time™, Prince of Persia Warrior Within® and Prince of Persia The Two Thrones® will also share a disc. The trilogies will be made available to consumers in retail stores on March 22, 2011 for an MSRP of $39.99 each and as a digital bundle on the PlayStation®Network.

Already available for pre-order on Amazon also: http://amzn.to/faTWrv

Jim

wwm0nkey said:
If Chaos Theory has online....you wont be seeing me for a long time.

Bugged my rep at Ubi and haven't heard back yet. Based on the lack of information in the PR, I'm not expecting the online will be included.

Kagari said:
Prince of Persia also coming to disc then?
Yep!

Damn you Ubisoft. I already bought Warrior Within on psn. Why couldn't they have just announced this 2 months ago? Then I would have just waited. ugh.

Man

3.jpg

Game stealth.
Would fail horribly in real life.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
since PoP were PS2 version and Tomb Raider will be PS2 ports with lifted assets from the 360 version, I think this will be PS2 version with lifted assets from the PC versions.

Please please please have online!! :O

Oh and question to the neighbouring devs here at GAF: Don't developers cream their pants when they realize that info about the game has leaked? Just wondering

wwm0nkey

Jim said:
Bugged my rep at Ubi and haven't heard back yet. Based on the lack of information in the PR, I'm not expecting the online will be included.
Well looks like I will just buy it for PC then, probably a better idea anyways.

itxaka

Defeatist
At least a couple of images are from the Xbox version. I'm pretty sure the rest of them are. I have seen them before:

j5f1C.jpg

z4EiY.jpg

Diebuster

itxaka said:
At least a couple of images are from the Xbox version. I'm pretty sure the rest of them are. I have seen them before:

So they're just cropping the image to get widescreen...? :/

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
bandresen said:
Does this mean online multiplayer?

For PT and CT, yes.

No Double Agent? X-box version was bestest version (no, not the 360 version, the OG X-box).

Also seems Ubisoft learned from the Prince of Persia fiasco as these don't look bad.

Edit: Guess they didn't. Uh-oh. I knew something was similar.

For $40, I'm there day one for the trophies. I just hope they don't put in online mode achievements. >_<

scitek

TheSeks said:
For PT and CT, yes.

No Double Agent? X-box version was bestest version (no, not the 360 version, the OG X-box).

Also seems Ubisoft learned from the Prince of Persia fiasco as these don't look bad.

Edit: Guess they didn't. Uh-oh. I knew something was similar.

For $40, I'm there day one for the trophies. I just hope they don't put in online mode achievements. >_<

Why was the 360 version reviewed like it was the true next-gen SC we'd all been waiting for? I've never played the one for Xbox.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
scitek said:
Why was the 360 version reviewed like it was the true next-gen SC we'd all been waiting for? I've never played the one for Xbox.

Because OMG DAYLIGHT MISSIONS.

Oh, and Spy vs Merc was 360/PC only. X-box DA got Spy vs Spy (which I never played as I didn't have XBL at the time), which was the spies of Spy vs Merc going against each other in two person teams with their agility. Sounded interesting.

Has any of these HD rumors not come true? Has MK trilogy been confirmed yet?

AFAIK all the HD collection rumors eventually came true, hopefully it continues because I want my MGS HD Collection.

Xater

AranhaHunter said:
Has any of these HD rumors not come true? Has MK trilogy been confirmed yet?

AFAIK all the HD collection rumors eventually came true, hopefully it continues because I want my MGS HD Collection.

MK Trilogy is definitely a thing but probably scheduled for a release after the new MK.

scitek

TheSeks said:
Because OMG DAYLIGHT MISSIONS.

Oh, and Spy vs Merc was 360/PC only. X-box DA got Spy vs Spy (which I never played as I didn't have XBL at the time), which was the spies of Spy vs Merc going against each other in two person teams with their agility. Sounded interesting.

Well, my interest has been piqued. I skipped the last-gen versions of DA because of the praise for the 360 version at the time, and I was disappointed with that one. I will attempt to seek out the OG Xbox version.

Wait and see. I don't trust ubisoft to get this right.

Should be the xbox/pc versions not the shitty PS2/GameCube ports.

Hope it has online too.

What were the problems with Prince of Persia HD? I didn't ever check any of those out.

Top Bottom