• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Hanks Teases the Return of David S. Pumpkins

Nafai1123

Banned
Is the suit still available for those of us hoping to make a Halloween outfit out of it?

Yeah

I'm pretty sure the costume existed before David S. Pumpkins. Maybe Hanks was like "hey I bought this really stupid Halloween costume can we make a skit out of it?" I remember seeing the exact same costume last Halloween around the time the episode originally aired.

Edit: This is the one I saw.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
I hope they go a totally different route thematically. Make it a super serious slasher type skit.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm Kevin Roberts and I have a very important question.

Can a bitch get a donut?

Just saw it for the first time. Joke only got overplayed a little and actually added to the ending. Laughed at the beginning, not much in the middle, again at the end. Good skit but not great.

border

That one's only vaguely similar to the proper David S. Pumpkins suit.

I'm pretty sure the costume existed before David S. Pumpkins. Maybe Hanks was like "hey I bought this really stupid Halloween costume can we make a skit out of it?" I remember seeing the exact same costume last Halloween around the time the episode originally aired.

Edit: This is the one I saw.

The one that Spirit of Halloween has is an exact match, but it's Sold Out. You'd think they would have that the good sense to restock during the off-season.

Ogodei

I feel like driving this one into the ground is like half the point of bringing it back to begin with. Like, that will be the joke.

Agreed. It's that kind of avant-garde awkward humor where you take a joke that isn't funny and stretch it out long enough that it becomes funny (for some).

Linkura

Never heard of this and decided to watch it. This is supposed to be funny?

I'll be honest though, he was the best part of the rap thing though. But that was painfully unfunny otherwise so....

marrec

Banned
I don't know why...

But this whole thing got funnier in the subsequent year to me. I love the season so if David S. Pumpkins has to be the weird new representative that nobody wants but everyone secretly kinda wants I'm down.

Top Bottom