• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson: Warhorse Studios' Game Reveal on 18th April is Kingdom Come Deliverance 2

Game runs fine on PC side, and looks pretty good. Combat is not amazing, but serviceable, especially with one on one fights. And there are mods to help with that further.

On console I think it’s still 30FPS as there is no next gen patch. Embracer doesn’t want to pay for that which is short sighted… but not surprising.
Yea I mean to be clear, I did play on PS5. I put a handful of hours into it and while I liked the concept and how grounded it was, I didn't actually like playing it at all.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

I started the first one last night. I hope it gets a lot better. The janky fist fight and dung throwing isn't exactly winning me over so far. Especially with it having a getting hungry mechanic. I hate crap like that in games.

I started the first one last night. I hope it gets a lot better. The janky fist fight and dung throwing isn't exactly winning me over so far. Especially with it having a getting hungry mechanic. I hate crap like that in games.
Game is probably no for you, which is fine, it's not for me either. I don't like first person perspective in games in general because it tends to give me motion sickness.

Flabagast

The very unique selling proposition of the game is to be a hardcore medieval sim, if you hate these types of mechanics you are then fundamentally at odds with what this game is trying to do.. and I'd advise you to drop it at the minute

Cattlyst

Played the first one for 30 minutes before falling through the floor and the game crashing. Which tells me everything I need to know about whether I’d even bother with a sequel.

nemiroff

Gold Member
getting hungry mechanic. I hate crap like that
Me too. But you can fix that in one sec with devmode or Wemod.

..Well, if you're on PC..

Anyway, IIRC quality food access quickly becomes relatively abundant, wasn't a problem in my experience.

..Combat also eventually becomes relatively efficient btw. Also a non-issue for me. But yeah there's definitely room for improvements..

Last edited:

Denton

pretty sure that is the St.Vitus cathedral in Praque.
Pretty sure it is actually Kuttenberg (Kutná Hora) and game will portray that.
Also they are using Cryengine with 99% probability.

Don't get discouraged by those above. Yes, fist fighting is janky. But there is very little of it in the game. Sword fighting is great 1on1 and somewhat clunky 1vMany, but doable. Hunger is not a huge problem, there are pots with food spread out through the world, plus you can buy or fnd plenty of food. But yes, this is not your average casual open world. It requires some patience, open mind and brain usage. The world, the story, the quests and unparalleled immersion are worth it though. I hope you are playing on good PC though.

Last edited:

Xtib81

Never played the first one but I watched a bunch of videos. I'm kinda surprised at all the praise the game is getting, it looks clunky as hell and very low budget.

Don't get discouraged by those above. Yes, fist fighting is janky. But there is very little of it in the game. Sword fighting is great 1on1 and somewhat clunky 1vMany, but doable. Hunger is not a huge problem, there are pots with food spread out through the world, plus you can buy or fnd plenty of food. But yes, this is not your average casual open world. It requires some patience, open mind and brain usage. The world, the story, the quests and unparalleled immersion are worth it though. I hope you are playing on good PC though.
I’ll try more of the game. I’ve only finished the first area. I’m actually playing it on the Steam Deck. Which runs well. But you can tell the game maxes it out and the battery won’t last long. I thought it was more RPG than sim. We’ll see.

Last edited:

Reckheim

I quess we will see, if you zoom into the picture below, at the very top you can see the same type of gargoyles and same roof design.

St_Vitus_Prague_September_2016-21.jpg

Denton

I’ll try more of the game. I’ve only finished the first area. I’m actually playing it on the Steam Deck. Which runs well. But you can tell the game maxes it out and the battery won’t last long. I thought it was more RPG than sim. We’ll see.

Steam Deck runs it surprisingly well from what I tried of it, although I gotta say the game shines on big screen (I played PC version on TV).
I would say KCD is an RPG with immersive sim combined. Btw until you wake up in the mill, you are still in prologue/tutorial - it is fairly long, but should teach you the mechanics. Enable simple lockpicking in menu btw.

I quess we will see, if you zoom into the picture below, at the very top you can see the same type of gargoyles and same roof design.
I think it is actually from this temple in Kutná Hora

KUTNA_HORA_%28js%29_11.jpg

Never played the first one but I watched a bunch of videos. I'm kinda surprised at all the praise the game is getting, it looks clunky as hell and very low budget.

Depends on what you mean by low budget. It had budget of around 15 million eur. Which is peanuts compared to 320 that e.g. Cyberpunk had.
But with that 15 million, they made a game that:

- has full high quality voice acting for hundreds of NPCs
- has orchestral score of incredible quality
- has 4 hours of well directed cutscenes
- has AAA quality of environmental graphics
- has 100+ hours of playtime
- is about the only truly historically authentic, non-fantasy RPG on the market

The lower budget is mostly visible in character and facial animations, which is the case for every lower budget game.

The world though..

379430_20190823015643q8j7d.png

379430_20190824110103bzkl0.png

379430_20190823202122yjj6e.png

379430_20190827224517fbjx7.png

Last edited:
Steam Deck runs it surprisingly well from what I tried of it, although I gotta say the game shines on big screen (I played PC version on TV).
I would say KCD is an RPG with immersive sim combined. Btw until you wake up in the mill, you are still in prologue/tutorial - it is fairly long, but should teach you the mechanics. Enable simple lockpicking in menu btw.

I think it is actually from this temple in Kutná Hora

KUTNA_HORA_%28js%29_11.jpg

Depends on what you mean by low budget. It had budget of around 15 million eur. Which is peanuts compared to 320 that e.g. Cyberpunk had.
But with that 15 million, they made a game that:

- has full high quality voice acting for hundreds of NPCs
- has orchestral score of incredible quality
- has 4 hours of well directed cutscenes
- has AAA quality of environmental graphics
- has 100+ hours of playtime
- is about the only truly historically authentic, non-fantasy RPG on the market

The lower budget is mostly visible in character and facial animations, which is the case for every lower budget game.

The world though..

379430_20190823015643q8j7d.png

379430_20190824110103bzkl0.png

379430_20190823202122yjj6e.png

379430_20190827224517fbjx7.png
I did break all 4 of those lock picks in the opening section. I stopped right when leaves the first town. I’ll be sure to change that setting.

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
Looking forward to this, 1st game was great, loads better than most of the overhyped soyboy shit we get. Hopefully more of the same for the sequal, it wont be for the superhero boys.

Yea I mean to be clear, I did play on PS5. I put a handful of hours into it and while I liked the concept and how grounded it was, I didn't actually like playing it at all.

This is why I'm so pissed that games like this, RDR2, and Mafia Remake have never received a 60 fps patch. Certain games need 60 fps to play well. Games with slow animations that require precision and lots of different inputs play so much better at 60 fps. Then, you consider how relatively easy it is to actually work on a patch it's just infuriating that the devs care that little about their console audience. It's complete bullshit esp for a game like RDR2 which grossed so much money.

I know it's probably the publishers decision more than the devs but it's shitty either way!

Emedan

KCD1 was one of very few Kickstarted games that actually delivered on all its promises, it became a great game and one of my all time favourites (as it should be for any history buff). I've been pestering Warhorse for years on twitter for a sequel so I'm damn glad it finally happens.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Was just joking about the person I responded to only wanting it one platform.

Except i didn't say i only wanted it on one platform.....in the case of my post, the PS5. I mentioned PS5 because that's the system i have. You made an ASSumption by thinking i only wanted it PS5 only. Derpy Derp Derp

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Can't wait! I hope they improve the combat and performance while keeping the immersion and writting as good as in the first game.

It had budget of around 15 million eur. Which is peanuts compared to 320 that e.g. Cyberpunk had.
And yet, KCD > Cyberpunk.

Money really can't buy talent and passion.

Holammer

Hope it's a licensed D&D or fantasy title rather than a sequel to Kingdom Come. Just so we can clown on this Tom guy.

Top Bottom