• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Holland (Spider-Man) To Play Young Nathan Drake in Uncharted Movie

Harlock

bugsy-malone-2.jpeg

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Hollywood being so short gave my 5'3" ass some hope. Until I realized I have no desire to be an actor, so now I'm just some short dude.

NolbertoS

So far no videogame franchise has transitioned into a successful film franchise orher than RE series. Sony really want waste resources on a potential bomb. Even Prinncr of Persia which had Disney marketing did bad. They should stick with making more money on gaming and getting a better movie script to make money

Admodieus

So far no videogame franchise has transitioned into a successful film franchise orher than RE series. Sony really want waste resources on a potential bomb. Even Prinncr of Persia which had Disney marketing did bad. They should stick with making more money on gaming and getting a better movie script to make money

To be fair, few games are as similar to an action movie as Uncharted is

Big off-topic:

Does someone has the link to that joke video about the old avengers movie that's mixed with another movie of a man that enters the cinema to watch the avengers (he watches another movie of course) and cries at how bad it is?

I think I saw it posted on IGN or Gamespot a while ago.

TheXbox

Perfect choice if they're looking at an age range around kid-Nate in Uncharted 3. He's got the face and the voice. Sully is the most important casting choice anyway.

Alienous

I hope the movie isn't just young nathan drake... :/

I hope it is.

The Uncharted games exist. There is no reason for a game to compete on that turf - the series is already very cinematic.

The direction they're taking allows this to leverage the IP and not have to directly recreate the games. It can be something that exists alongside the Uncharted games, rather than being a pale imitation.

I like this choice, a lot! Dance / acrobatic background. Good acting chops.

Now the real question is who plays Sully, and then who is the main cast.

gafneo

Banned
Now that the movie script is worse than the Joe Pesci, Robert Dinero pitch, they might as well include vampires, zombies, spring break parties, sharks in tornadoes, leprechauns. Plot should be interwoven into a baby sitting teen comedy.

Alienfan

Starting off with a prequel is a really good idea, trying to find a adult Nathan Drake was only ever going to be met with fan bitching

jdstorm

Banned
Now the real question is "How are they going to fit Sam Drake into the movie?" Since Drake's identity stems mostly from him being an orphan who is alone in the world.

Or are they just going to re retcon him(Sam) out of existence.

Edit: best Adult Drake casting would be the guy who plays Superman on Supergirl. Somehow i think Sony wants a "Name" Actor for the role.

This could work well if done right.

It could still fail really hard however. I dunno anyone that asked for a Young Nate movie. The young Nate parts of Uncharted were some of the most boring sections for me.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Meh. Lets take a dull sequence from the worst entry in the series and make a movie out of that!

Easy pass. lol

Oh, boy, all these scalding hot takes lol

Awesome pick. He really fits the young Nate spirit.

Dirty him up a bit and I can totally see him as an aspiring orphan tomb robber from the street.

Top Bottom