• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition |OT| Lara shot first

I dunno.. It still doesn't really seem like a next gen Lara imo. Eventhough they improved her.
That hair is just the beginning of hairtech it seems. Looks weird.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Are you judging this from taht one screen? Cause the face looks a lot better otherwise. There was a vid.

No, it's looked over the top cartooney to me ever since it was first shown off but I thought maybe they were still working on it or it wouldn't look so strange in game.

QaaQer

I'm trying to wade through this insane thread to see if anyone posting here has personal experience with it maintaining 60 fps on PS4. It matters to me not because of this PS4 vs XB1/PC mess - but because I like how games look running at 60 fps.

So can anyone give some personal insight?

Thanks!

look for posts by BrusierBear. He says its 60 except when he does stuff like turn 360 really quick, then it drops a few frames, but still really nice.

I'm trying to wade through this insane thread to see if anyone posting here has personal experience with it maintaining 60 fps on PS4. It matters to me not because of this PS4 vs XB1/PC mess - but because I like how games look running at 60 fps.

Thanks!

If only someone had posted something about this on the very first page of this thread.....

look for posts by BrusierBear. He says its 60 except when he does stuff like turn 360 really quick, then it drops a few frames, but still really nice.

I said I only really noticed it when I tried to look for it, by doing a 360 with the camera. It only happened in certain areas with certain vistas. Generally speaking I felt like it held quite close to 60. Then again, I only played the first hour last night, so can't say anything about later action sections.

I'm tempted to pick this up to have a ps4 game to play.. I already played the PC version on max last year, though. But I really liked this game. The $60 price is my stopping point. Even at 40 dollars I'd buy it now

Violater

I'm tempted to pick this up to have a ps4 game to play.. I already played the PC version on max last year, though. But I really liked this game. The $60 price is my stopping point. Even at 40 dollars I'd buy it now

But its the same game why would you pay full price if you have already played it?

R3TRODYCE

Has anyone's GameStop gotten this yet?

Yep, I called the store and asked if they have them and the person that I spoke to had to take my phone # down and call me back after they called the manager to see if they were allowed to sell it.

tooombwaida55ehn.jpg

Wonko_C

I know it's not exactly related but, what's up with this Double Buffering/Triple Buffering Business? I booted up the game on my PC, turned vsync off, and went to an area where the framerate stayed at 43 fps. I switched on triple buffered vsync and it stayed at 43 fps as expected. Then switched to double buffer and it still stayed at vsynced at 43 fps. Wasn't double buffering suppossed to make my game drop from 60 to 30 with nothing inbetween? what gives?

I'm only trying to find out which of them reduces the stutter when framerates are not divisible from 60, BTW.

kyser73

Thanks!

Isn't there a rule about always read the OP?

Harts316

Damn. Definitive edition has worse textures, AO and tesselation?

Can't believe they have the gall to charge $60 for this. I guess they can get away with it though because next-gen console owners are hungry for more games.

Have you followed any of these threads?

Dysun

I can't get over new Lara face. Old Lara face could have used some improvements, sure but they took away the uniqueness of it

So first it's Xbox owners Playstation fans have to deal with, Then PC gamers nose's are put out of joint. PS4 really is return of the king.

You'll need a lot more gifs than a carefully planted angle to prove a point aswell.

PS4 costs £350............some people really need to read that slowly before they compare it too PC.

Her face looks much better than the old model.

UnrealEck

Damn. Definitive edition has worse textures, AO and tesselation?

Can't believe they have the gall to charge $60 for this. I guess they can get away with it though because next-gen console owners are hungry for more games.

Wait for the Definitely Definitive Edition where it's a combination of Ultimate on PC with the new skin shader and foliage effects.

I wonder if there's a secret 60fps mode in the Xbox One version. Maybe by setting your console to 720p or something, lol

60fps tends to be more important than 1080p to me
Well you could try it. If the game allows 720p rendering it should achieve higher framerates, since it is running unlocked.

Xander51

This street date break is frustrating. Gamestop's site still lists it as Tuesday. I wanted to get the digital version but getting it this early is really tempting. Might have to go check out some stores.

Anyone know if Best Buy is selling it early as well?

I want to trade in Knack there as it fetches a cool $28, versus Gamestop's base price of $15. I was told I could not do the extra 30% (towards TR:DE) AND the +$10 for Next-Gen games. That would have netted me $29.50.

Caad

Neo Member
Just called my local Gamestop in south Charlotte, NC, and they said it's definitely available today in this area. On my way to snag it!

Top Bottom