• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition |OT| Lara shot first

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
My impressions:
-the graphics are very detailed with nice graphics and occasional textures
-the music plays at volumes sometimes loud and sometimes soft
-the level design is often somewhat interesting in how the design is
-multiplayer supports multiple players
-Lara's tale is a genuine story worthy of being told in a tale perhaps

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
So it's not locked? That's disappointing. Makes me wonder if the same is true of the X1 version. Drops below 30fps?

You mean capped? You cannot lock the frame rate, it it drops, you either tear or drop frames. So even if the XB1 version is capped at 30, something has to happen when it drops below 30.

Shouldn't she be off helping Roth (who's lying there behind her, dying) instead of taking selfies? Selfish bitch.

She's tired of the jobs.

laraqte.gif

f@luS

More than a member.
ordered

need to feed that ps4...though im im at 2% of AC4 (trying to finish the DLC before, 68%), playing killzone daily , and half of BF4 campaign...

actually i have a lot of games....but for sure dont need another multi now

how is TR multi regardless?

system11

Oh my goodness thats horrible lol. Why in the world won't Sony give us the option to turn the damn thing off?

I found that black electrical tape works wonders, the plastic stuff. As a bonus it wont leave too much residue if you ever want to remove it.

DSmalls84

At least you can turn off the sounds that come out of the controller speaker. For some reason they seem a lot louder than they need to be.

hlhbk

It's in stock at my local gamestop per the website. I am probably going to get it for the PS4. I am guessing it's not available early on PSN?

Rat Salad

Banned
Eh I'll be sticking to the PC version on my beefy rig. This game looks abit like a dirty port in a few parts of the game But more than anything this game should have shipped for $30.00,no more. Or atleast give those who already bought last year's version a discount. Some of it looks a step up though,I like the lighting,and the builds look better overall on the models. But like a few others have already said, the new face on her...bleh. Also what is up with that tree next to her,shadows are missing there and the detail on the bark is less detailed. Nitpicky,sure. But when you call a game for 60 bucks definitive,well....

After looking at the screenshots I have to say her new face looks a lot better. I'm really impressed. When it was first revealed I had mixed feelings but not anymore.

bill0527

Just got an email from Gamestop saying this game is now available for PS4/Xbox One. If your Ganestop is refusing to sell it to you, get on their mailing list and take them a copy of the ad.

OneUh8

I went into gamestop today to pay off Rayman Legends for ps4. Was very tempted to get this, as it was available. But my will power was strong. I will be waiting for the price drop. :(

hlhbk

Just got an email from Gamestop saying this game is now available for PS4/Xbox One. If your Ganestop is refusing to sell it to you, get on their mailing list and take them a copy of the ad.

So if I actually go out in the negative temps am I garunteed to get a copy if its in stock?

slapnuts

Anyone that played the PC version with all candy maxed out and also played the PS4 version, can you give some impressions on the two versions? I have the PC version but just curious if there is a notible difference in graphic detail. Im not talking about higher resolutions and higher AA/AF solutions PC always have...Im mostly interested in the graphic effects upgrades they did when bring this game over to the new consoles.

Or a website link that compares the two platforms is fine as well...if there are any of these types of impressions yet...might be too early and the fact most that have the PC version are not going to buy the new console version..I dont think.

Xander51

This is a silly thing, but the climbing axe sound effects are much better. Noticed the difference immediately. Not sure if they're just higher bitrate or totally re-done.

Still loving the game on Xbox One here.

LanceX2

Banned
Any face off reviews yet??

anyone know the average fps on Xbox one? Askng serious people not looking for 30fps posts

Wait so its just the artwork thats the case? I thought it was the same as the standard case with slip case or a slip case was the standard artwork with the artwork case inside.
I've posted pictures...

It has a different case and it had an art book built into the case...

Cudder

My impressions:
-the graphics are very detailed with nice graphics and occasional textures
-the music plays at volumes sometimes loud and sometimes soft
-the level design is often somewhat interesting in how the design is
-multiplayer supports multiple players
-Lara's tale is a genuine story worthy of being told in a tale perhaps

It took me until the multiplayer point to realize you were joking..

Top Bottom