• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition (PS4/XB1) is 30 FPS

I will laugh heartily if it can't even maintain a rock solid 30FPS.

Definitive my ass. $60 for this is a fucking joke when you could get it so much cheaper right now.

h92C7134A

jett

D-Member
This is like, the dumbest argument ever. There's never been hardware incapable of 60 fps games. It's just not something most devs will ever prioritize and no change of hardware will ever change that.

This is a PS360 game with minor graphical ugprades.

rjc571

Banned
Hey it could be worse - Tomb Raider Legend saw its framerate cut in half when it was ported from the Xbox (60 fps) to the Xbox 360 (30 fps)! You should be thankful that it's not running at 15 fps!

jamsy

Don't think it was reasonable to expect 60FPS at 1080p. My GPU is more powerful than the PS4's, and it ran in the 40s on average for me, not even all maxed out.

kick51

Banned
$2 per frame

The feel of paying $1 per frame

Weird how my 3 year old pc runs this game at 60 or close to it but it only cost me $5. I don't care that this is being made but it should be about $30

yeah my several year old HW maxed it no problem at 1920x1080 60fps, but with no tressFX. TressFX destroyed it (and i think it's not quite there, especially for dedicated hair tech.)

This is like, the dumbest argument ever. There's never been hardware incapable of 60 fps games. It's just not something most devs will ever prioritize and no change of hardware will ever change that.
"Next gen" isn't just about hardware capabilities. Its about progress.

30fps locked will be fine. But will it be locked? Am curious as hell about this one.

Not that I give a shit about 60fps, but they're charging full price for this and calling it the Definitive Edition and they can't even be bothered to up the frame rate on new gen tech? It can be done, they just can't be bothered because it's a cheap and cheerful port for some easy money. Anyone who pays £30 or higher for this is a mug.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Unsurprising. Honestly, as fine as I am with 30fps, it better be rock solid 30fps. ACIV on PS4 feels far smoother than most 30fps games on consoles because it doesn't ever drop.

hawk2025

And, with that, a sale is lost.

Sorry CD, I loved the game and was willing to swallow a full price buy, but I'm not paying again for a 30fps experience. I'll play the game on a PC in a few months when I build a better one at 60fps.

Top Bottom