• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition (PS4/XB1) is 30 FPS

GloveSlap

Not to start any console war stuff, but if the XbOne can run this at 1080p/30 shouldn't the PS4 be able to it hit 60 fps? At least 45 fps.

EL CUCO

But from comments made to Eurogamer last night by Tomb Raider executive producer Scot Amos, it wasn't until much later in the year that the game broke even.

"By the end of last year - Tomb Raider is in the black," Amos revealed. "We've crossed the line of profitability for the last-gen and PC versions."

So PS4/Xone version is the definitve profitable edition.

RedAssedApe

Banned
All these snarky comments. Don't see how its a fail. Is it simply the price point upsetting people? I didn't see this much backlash for other cross-platform titles...

Example, don't think anyone really complained about how Ass4 ran. Felt smooth to me.

All these snarky comments. Don't see how its a fail. Is it simply the price point upsetting people? I didn't see this much backlash for other cross-platform titles...

To me, ya, it's the price point that is way off...

Should be $40 imo, I would buy it for that, and that is what I am going to do, wait until it drops to $40 on some sale a month from release.

oSoLucky

Not to start any console war stuff, but if the XbOne can run this at 1080p/30 shouldn't the PS4 be able to it hit 60 fps? At least 45 fps.

That's what I've been wondering myself. I wouldn't be surprised if it's more like the PS4 is stable 30 while the XB1 experiences some drops and maybe some minor graphical downgrades. Nearly all footage has been of PS4 so far(like most games).

swcpig

Banned
Frame rate numbers usually don't bother me, but at the price they're charging....this is a major fumble.

Why is it? I didn't buy it on any other platforms so it's "new to me"... Why would they sell it for 40 bucks except to lure double dippers - which clearly isn't what they are targeting... they are targeting early adopters on platforms that have very little competition to gain some extra cheese.

This isn't a 5 year old game getting some window dressing - there are plenty of people who didn't buy this the first time through.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fml

Interest all the way down

kaskade

I really wish it launched for 40 bucks. Framerate doesn't really bother me much as long as it doesn't drop. I'll probably get it when the price goes down.

see5harp

I probably wouldn't mind if I hadn't already played the game already but $60 is a bit too steep for better textures and resolution.

Nibel

What
KuGsj.gif

No but seriously tressfx is a hog. I can play Tomb Raider on my PC on Ultra at 1440P downsampled to 1080P with tressfx off. Turning it on halves my fps to 30, the definitive framerate.

This is on a fx 4100 with a 2gb 7870 and 8GB DDR3 RAM.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Weird how my 3 year old pc runs this game at 60 or close to it but it only cost me $5. I don't care that this is being made but it should be about $30
No it doesn't, your 3 year old PC runs the current gen version at 60fps or close to it with limited psychics on characters and the world around them, lower poly models, lower particle effects, last gen lightning effects no character subsurface shattering and a buggy TressFX
That's what every PC owner of the original TR2013 is running regardless of framerate and resolution and every time someone mentions they are running this game on PC @60fps and it's the definitive edition when they don't even have this version of the game they just sound stupid.
And on that note I didn't expect TR of all games to be 60fps, but then again only PC gamers expect every game to be 60fps even if it doesn't need or suit it.

Z3M0G

It was unrealistic to expect 60fps with TressFX on when beastly PCs struggle with that.

Exactly... come on people. Be thankful for the 1080p.

I'm personally very happy with this. But my PC can't touch this game compared to that anyways.

Top Bottom