• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider II Remake Incoming?

I mainly want precise platforming with repercussions for fucking up, you try to make that jump but misjudge the distance then well sorry son but you're dead.

what a lot of people don't realise is that the game actually does a lot of the work for you.
Take this, for example, Lara climbs a ledge, you notice that there is a ledge with quite a wide gap, hold the walk button and go to the ledge, press back once, now hold forward and then hold down the jump button, Lara will no when she gets to the edge of the ledge and jump for you, in the air hold X. That's it!

It might sound a bit complex but it's really not when you play. If you die it's more often then not your fault.

yesrushdt

I truly miss getting from one side of a level to the other and looking back at where I came from and thinking phew, look what I've achieved, after spending so much time intricately maneuvering Lara every inch of the way.

I miss that kind of difficulty as well. Like the old commercial said, not knowing if your very next breath will be your last. :) I find the maneuvering easier today than I did nearly 20 years ago , but it's still a challenge. One of those games where you're going to pay the price if you don't save often.

I found them a bit too easy and linear. Things like big glowing UI markers for where to throw your grappling hook etc. just feels so against what TR was all about imo.

I never played Underworld though, I liked the look of it aesthetically but that engine burned me with Legend and I never gave it a shot.

I kind of liked Angel of Darkness though so maybe there's just something wrong with me.

Yea I get you. The new ones were definitely different.

OG TR is genuine hardcore adventure platforming. There's little else like it in that way. Punishing but satisfying.

Top Bottom