• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider multiplayer confirmed [Up: Developed by Eidos Montreal (Deus Ex)]

I'm more interested in Deadpool's new infos than Tomb Raider's multiplayer

1657.jpg

My man.

I sincerely hope this multiplayer won't have TDM or other ridiculous things that don't match the context of Tomb Raider.

Amir0x

Banned
The "protect" jokes are a plague on all TR threads. Enough already.

Maybe it'll be good?

I agree the joke is stale, I never use it.

However, as to your "maybe it'll be good" comment, I just don't know what aspect of the game is going to surprise the skeptics at this point and suddenly turn it into a game that is compelling. We know all the major points about the gameplay and many of us have actually played it hands-on; not much is going to change between now and release date.

The problem people have are here to stay, and won't magically change if people play the final product. Most people are familiar enough with their likes/dislikes to have very real concern at this point with the state of this project, if they've followed it long enough. (Just like I assume most of the people who like what they see are similarly familiar with their tastes and have no problems with games that "play" like Tomb Raider)

Contrary to a lot of people here, i see mp as this games only possible saving grace. It wont have cutscenes or linear paths or shitty qtes, its made by eidos montreal. Ill prob never get this game but if i do itll be because its a different looking gears mp with big tits and a good dev.

Ahasverus

Since SE Montreal is working on Hitman Matrix and Thief 4 and CD saying they are not doing it..

IO Interactive for Legacy Of Kain reboot maybe?

Oh God please no.

Though there's not a single original LoK developer on Crystal Dinamics either so it wouldn't matter anyway, our only hope is a developer who gets the franchise and doesn't focus on gore and slow-mo kills.

Roo

So... this is the announcement that will "change the way you play Tomb Raider forever"??
I was holding my breath for a Wii U reveal
what a dissapointment :/

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=44798222

their Montreal studio showed some art works for the next Hitman game they are working on right now..one featuring a man(the new assassin?) doing some Neo-like jump n shoot move.

hitman-6-artwork-2-e1karxd.jpg

this is worrying. I mean what the hell are we supposed to take away from this concept art?

fuck sake, is it really that hard for them to just develop a game like blood money but more refined and tweaked? why do they need to add all this action bullshit and goddamn instinct and other win mode fuckery.

what complete bullshit man. :/

just give me a fucking sequel to blood money instead of ruining yet another series that helped my love for gaming. fuck!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
this is worrying. I mean what the hell are we supposed to take away from this concept art?

fuck sake, is it really that hard for them to just develop a game like blood money but more refined and tweaked? why do they need to add all this action bullshit and goddamn instinct and other win mode fuckery.

just give me a fucking sequel to blood money instead of ruining yet another series that helped my love for gaming. fuck!

artists draw what the devs tell them or what they see,so I think this art tell us that the next Hitman might be action oriented game or the new Agent is having some over the top moves..which is also bad,Not sure what Square Enix is thinking but changing the studio clearly mean they want something completely new from the next Hitman game.

Derrick01

Banned
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=44798222

their Montreal studio showed some art works for the next Hitman game they are working on right now..one featuring a man(the new assassin?) doing some Neo-like jump n shoot move.

hitman-6-artwork-2-e1karxd.jpg

I thought that was proven not to be from the new Hitman? I don't remember exactly.

What the hell happened to Thi4f or Deus Ex 4?

I'm sure those are well under way. They're probably figuring out how to implement multiplayer into both and how to twist Thief into a hybrid stealth game :(

Because, screw the existing fanbase that they've had for a decade. Screw trying to introduce a new generation to the classic gameplay that had such a loyal following back in the day, much easier to just homogenise everything and make existing franchises into carbon clones of existing more popular franchises!

Urgh, I never used to get pissed off at this but what with Hitman and Tomb Raider seemingly stripped of everything that made them their own entity (even the newer Tomb Raiders retained that feel in some way), it's getting really hard to get excited about sequels now.

I understand that from a business point of view it's much easier to not take risks and stick to a safe formula pushed by other games, but how many times have we seen publishers try this and the games ultimately bomb without establishing any semblance of a fanbase, because everyone fucks off back to those titles that they're trying to gain steam on?

Stop trying to imitate Uncharted, Naughty Dog will have you beat once a new title is announced. Stop trying to beat COD, people will play your game for two weeks before realising it's a pale imitation.

I know the above is a weak point, but it's exactly how these publishers and 'reboots' present themselves as of late. I loved Hitman Blood Money because there was nothing out there like it. I'm avoiding Absolution (despite the absolutely rapid decline in price) because it comes across as any number of third person shooters I've played in recent years. It's the exact same with Tomb Raider too - excitement for a new title gradually changing into a lack of interest as I realise it's just a cinematic third person shooter - heck, I went and bought Tomb Raider trilogy instead, that's my TR fix for the foreseeable future.

To be fair Absolution is doing tremendously well in Europe. So I guess they won't see the need to change the approach.

True, although I put that down to the rapid fall in price (£18.99 already on Amazon) and earlier sales.

Be interesting to see how it would do had that not been the case.

Mario007

True, although I put that down to the rapid fall in price (£18.99 already on Amazon) and earlier sales.

Be interesting to see how it would do had that not been the case.
The debut was higher than Blood Money if I remember correctly, quite significantly so even.

The debut was higher than Blood Money if I remember correctly, quite significantly so even.

Well, that's just disappointing.

I realise that sounds so bitter and I don't mean ill will to anyone at IO, but to go from something as solid as Blood Money and completely change it to fit the current 'cinematic' third person genre is really disappointing. Of course it will be lapped up though....

Glass Rebel

I hope that the recent failings of SE in regards to their franchises lead to better followups. Absolution had some moments of greatness and I'm sure Tomb Raider will have them as well but it's rather obvious that they want to reestablish their franchises first.

Top Bottom