• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomodachi Life |OT| Please don't try to understand

Heh, I did read the OT and I STILL have no idea what I'll actually be doing in this game! :D

That's part of what stokes both my interest and hesitation!!

From playing the Move-In Demo this game seems to be Nintendo's take on The Sims. It's a quirky life sim where you put Miis into the world and watch them interact with each other. You interact with your Miis buy fulfilling their various requests for friends, food, clothes, etc. It also seems to be mainly stylus driven gameplay.

Hope the helps.

Letep

So usually Nintendo has review copies in reviewers' hands weeks ahead of time, and their review embargoes are usually pretty well in advance of launch. This game comes out friday and the first review has yet to drop. I was pretty committed to getting this game just out of pure curiosity, but now that it's almost here with no reviews and not really much of an idea of what the minute-to-minute gameplay is going to be like, I'm a little worried about this being a really "good" game.

There's enough game industry folks that I follow on Twitter who have been regularly posting about the game - - gleefully I might add - - so I think initial impressions are positive.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Played the demo GameStop got yesterday. It's pretty damn cute! I may have to interest in this. The type of game that, along with Animal Crossing, that I will have to download to have on the system at all times due to the nature of the game.

moozoom

I've been having great fun with this since Saturday ( thank you french broken street date ).
This is exactly what I like : item collection, silliness, and many surprises unlocking slowly each day.

I've made a mix of friends, celebrities and cartoon characters miis ; and it's very amusing to see all of them interact. Nikki is one of the first girls I added of course, but she already had her heart broken twice ( dude was already in love with someone )

Hope it sells well enough to have another game like it.

Haha that thread title is the best!!!
I'm going to purchase this digitally, seems like a great digital title to have to pop in and out of. I even talked my sister into getting this game!

MicH

Wow, this game is 319 kr on the Danish eShop (~£35) which is surprisingly cheap for the Danish eShop. It's actually more expensive to buy in retail! And it's gonna be even cheaper with all my credit from the Mario Kart 8 + Digital Premium aprono. Very nice!

kubus

Wow, this game is 319 kr on the Danish eShop (~£35) which is surprisingly cheap for the Danish eShop. It's actually more expensive to buy in retail! And it's gonna be even cheaper with all my credit from the Mario Kart 8 + Digital Premium aprono. Very nice!
Really? I'll have to check how much it is on the Dutch eShop. I was already on the fence about going digital or retail, but that might push me over the edge...

Doesn't help that the European box art is atrocious :(

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Just popping in to say:

- You did a great job with the thread! And you picked a pretty good day to put it up.
- I'm still not sure if I'm keeping my preorder. If my friend decides to get it, then I'll keep it.

Still gotta finish Watch Pups and Dragon Quest 7 3DS, though.

Salsa

think im gonna miss the boat on this one in the end, sadly

no money at the moment, tho I do have $18 on the eShop, but whatever money I get will probably go towards the steam summer sale

might grab it later, If the reception is good

Will be waiting for a GB Quick Look or something similar to see what it plays like at a stretch. I love Animal Crossing but I know this isn't really comparable, so I don't want to go in with misplaced expectations.

No more glitches, guys.
Not sure I understand this reference.

MicH

Will be waiting for a GB Quick Look or something similar to see what it plays like at a stretch. I love Animal Crossing but I know this isn't really comparable, so I don't want to go in with misplaced expectations.

Not sure I understand this reference.
A few youtubers like TheBitBlock and GameXplain have some journals up on their Youtube channels. Pretty fun to watch

daydream

Banned
think im gonna miss the boat on this one in the end, sadly

no money at the moment, tho I do have $18 on the eShop, but whatever money I get will probably go towards the steam summer sale

might grab it later, If the reception is good

I thought you were saving up for it. Did you get the Golf DLC?

Outside of the nintendo announcement and earlier reports of this, I'm so far being good about not knowing much.

Looking forward to odd Nintendo being odd Nintendo.

Dominator

I was able to get a demo code today, about to boot it up now. I really know absolutely nothing about this so it'll be interesting to try out.

Hale-XF11

My new neighbor is giving me the creeps.

BpPrQVsCUAAPNhh.jpg:large

Gabe3208

Banned
Wow, many times we get subpar box art for our games in NA compared to our European counterpart, but our box art for this game is soooooo freakin' beautiful!!! :)

(Your friends. Your drama. Your life.)

This looks pretty good, unfortunately, I wasn't that "lucky" and didn't get a code :( I hope the eShop demo will be as good as the one you get with the code.

kubus

Judging from the demo, this game is all stylus controls, isn't it?
Yeah, pretty much. The analog pad moves the camera (in areas where possible) and the face buttons are for snapping pictures, and the usual A andB stuff (confirm/back). I think that's pretty much it :eek:

Whelp preordered after looking through OT, nice job OP.
Hope you like it! Dont hurt me if you don't :(

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is there a thread for requesting demo codes? This won't be a day one for me but would be interested in trying the demo (UK)

BooJoh

Is there a thread for requesting demo codes? This won't be a day one for me but would be interested in trying the demo (UK)

There was a thread for the demo but I'm sure once the game releases people will probably give some demo codes away in this thread. Also there might be a regular demo in addition to the Move-in version.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Gah. Forgot this was coming out so soon. Will have to put it on hold for now.

Also I love the banner.

Top Bottom