• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomodachi Life |OT| Please don't try to understand

random25

My new neighbor is giving me the creeps.

BpPrQVsCUAAPNhh.jpg:large

WTF is that real!?

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
can you play this if you only have a few Miis?
I'm one click away from buying this from Yesasia

kubus

I played the Japanese version with only 5 Miis and I had a lot of fun. But if you want to unlock all of the Island Locations, you'll need at least 10 Miis in total.
I think this game will become unmanageable if you have 50 Miis or something, I wouldn't recommend that. You can always add more as you play, so if you're getting bored and want to mix things up again, you can just import some more and slowly build things up.

Hope this helps!

BriBri

I first tried to live with just me and my best friend but you miss out on so much. If you hate the idea of having many Miis then you can always kill the excess Miis off after unlocking everything.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I really don't like how they're doing this demo business stuff. I realize what they're trying to do to try and build hype through word of mouth and exclusivity but I think its bs how some already got to play the demo a week ago. Regardless, still have it on pre-order.

Robin64

12 hours til launch on the eShop for Europe! This one snuck up on me, Kart was (and still is) a huge distraction. Looking forward to nabbing this tonight and letting Nikki live again.

luca_aros

Neo Member
If anyone cares, in Spain theyre doing buy one copy get one half price at GAME...not sure if this is GAme europe-wide but yeah :p

kubus

Ordered from Yourgamezone in the Netherlands but still no shipping confirmation. I'm getting worried :(. I need this game early Friday at the latest, because I'll be away for the entire weekend from then and having this game would make my 6 hour train ride bearable.

If I don't get my shipment notification today, I guess I'll just download it tonight. Does Game.co.uk send their download codes at midnight?

edit: YGZ now says "In stock, ships in 24 hours" on their website! Hopefully my copy will be shipped today then /fingerscrossed

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
any real reviews yet. I want it so bad but I'm worried it might not be that good. I was in from the get go lol, now I'm getting a bit antsy

Robin64

If I don't get my shipment notification today, I guess I'll just download it tonight. Does Game.co.uk send their download codes at midnight?

I ordered it just now and got the code right away. I assume it won't work til midnight though, not at home so can't test.

Dispatched. Woohoo!
Now i need to go on a Mii code hunt to find interesting people to populate my community with.

Feel free to share any links or tips! :D

MicH

Doesn't seem to be a deal like that here in the UK, but GAME do now have the download code purchase option up on their site. £29.99, £5 cheaper than on the eShop.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/tomodachi-life-283577/
Awesome, I might get this code from GAME too and save my MK8 credit for later.

Also, if other mainland Europeans order a code from GAME UK, please bear in mind that the codes won't activate until midnight BST - that's 1 AM CET

Gabe3208

Banned
I remember wanting Tomodachi Collection localized here in NA years ago, and then when I saw Tomodachi Collection: New Life I was once again excited but pissed at the same time because my thought was "of course, these fun quirky games from Japan never leave the country, so I'll only be able to watch someone play the game on YouTube."

Finally though I can experience this game tonight at midnight!!! I don't have many ideas what to expect from this odd game since I limited my exposure to the game's content, but it's so intriguing that I know I'm in for the ride of my life!!!

tomodochi-life-3.jpg

Got my copy this morning from the shop that twos.

So far my Mii has contemplated a relationship with Doctor Eggman, and Nikki and Sonic have become best friends.

Oh also apparently there's an update coming tonight, thankfully game will boot without it. Also discovered special miis keep their gold pants if you import them in.

Robin64

Just to double confirm that the GAME code doesn't work yet.

It was worth a shot, they worked early a few times before. ;)

Anyone got a code for the Mii that presents Pilotwings Resort?

Edit: Found this one, but it's probably too blurry to work. Also, I wouldn't really want her being called "Pilotwings". Guess it's easy enough to recreate from scratch.

FQr3Ose.png

Now that the dust settled on the controversy and I was able to play the demo, I might actually buy this. They should be prepared for a strongly-worded Club Nintendo survey, though. It probably doesn't sound like a big deal to most people, but it felt sucky to make my husband's Mii and have to set him to "female" so we could actually be together in the game.

Damn Nintendo for making me want things I shouldn't want. DAMN THEM.

Just to double confirm that the GAME code doesn't work yet.

It was worth a shot, they worked early a few times before. ;)

Anyone got a code for the Mii that presents Pilotwings Resort?

Edit: Found this one, but it's probably too blurry to work. Also, I wouldn't really want her being called "Pilotwings". Guess it's easy enough to recreate from scratch.

FQr3Ose.png

I imagine you'll stand a chance of getting it to work at 11pm UK time unless Nintendo wised up to that one.

Also you can change "Nicknames" when you import miis in + get more character space. My Wonder Woman mii was named "Wonder Wo." but tapping the pencil icon allowed me to edit the nickname.

Robin64

I'm surprised this thread is as slow as it is.

Super, super, super niche game, I guess.

Oh definitely, no question there. Really surprising we ever got it at all.

Though the nicheness is an odd one. When you take The Sims, which has sold millions, put it on a handheld, and let players use Miis of themselves, their friends and famous people.. It *should* do pretty well!

kubus

I'm surprised this thread is as slow as it is.

Super, super, super niche game, I guess.
No reviews yet and the game officially comes out tomorrow, so there's not much to discuss right now I guess.

Super jelly of those who already got their copies :(. Tomorrow is so far away....

McNum

Though the nicheness is an odd one. When you take The Sims, which has sold millions, put it on a handheld, and let players use Miis of themselves, their friends and famous people.. It *should* do pretty well!
I just like that this game is a total joker when it comes to sales predictions. It could be a flop, or it could be one of the 3DS' biggest games. And either extreme seems plausible.

I'd be surprised if it clocks in at less than a million worldwide, though, but we'll see. This one could go anywhere.

MicH

Can't find any Miis of Lucina from FE:A so I had to make my own and I am not good at making Miis :/

I've scanned quite a few Miis already, but most of them are male. Which female characters are you guys adding to your island?

Phades

The Venn diagram of folks who had the DS version of the sims, who also bought a 3ds and would also be interested in this game (if they knew about it at all and weren't incorrectly still protesting the title) can't be that big. I mean, isn't it largely speculated with that particular segment of individuals (or large portion there of) moving on to mobile phone based games in the last several years?

After reviews come out, which will most likely generate positive buzz, should help correct that. It still seems like it is a title chasing after a % of a % of the total player population to start with.

I remembered that a friend owed me $40 and now I've decided to use them to buy this game.

It might end up sucking hardcore, but it's tying enough new and interesting things to make it hard for me to ignore it.

Robin64

I think Animal Crossing proves that the audience for games of this type is definitely there on the 3DS.

I also don't think past handheld versions of The Sims are good to use as a gauge because most people probably realise that the version for their computer was a lot more fully features. This, however, is the only Tomodachi.

As said above, though, it's a real joker in terms of sale and predicting any sales results is guesswork at best.

Amazon finally shipped mine out, should be here tomorrow.

So going to create a Richard (Graces f) Mii so I can make a tomodachi/friiiiieends joke.

AdanVC

Definitely getting this no matter if it turns out bad on reviews. I love the type of humor used on this game so that's all I need. Can't wait to fight agains't hamburgers on epic RPG quests with Macaulay Culkin and Danny DeVito.

MicH

Definitely getting this no matter if it turns out bad on reviews. I love the type of humor used on this game so that's all I need. Can't wait to fight agains't hamburgers on epic RPG quests with Macaulay Culkin and Danny DeVito.
How could anyone not want to do that?!

kubus

Oh my god I just realized I can make every Game of Thrones character I want in this game and THEY WILL NEVER DIE.

GOTYAY

Chopper

Oh my god I just realized I can make every Game of Thrones character I want in this game and THEY WILL NEVER DIE.

GOTYAY
Ha ha! Good thinking.

Is this the sort of game I would want preloaded on my 3DS, rather than on a cartridge? I can't decide if this is gonna last me a long time, like Animal Crossing, or if I will play it a few times and not understand it. I mean, is there alot of content, unlockables and general incentive to play? A feeling of progress?

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Would love a demo code if possible. As a college student it's hard to jump into games blindly on my budget, but the more I see the more awesome this game looks! Would love to try the demo out, just might push me over the edge into buying it.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I'm just awaiting reviews honestly.

Same here, is there an embargo or is no outlet reviewing this game?

I'll be honest: just from my impressions of reading online, this doesn't even look like the kind of game I'm interested in. Looks more like a time-wasting iOS app with minimal involvement.

Top Bottom