• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tons of Atelier Rorona [PS3] pics

Hobbun

Volcynika said:
I think they're more focused on just keeping attention on their releases for this year, Sakura Wars V ( I think that's this year), Mana Khemia 2, Badman, etc.

Or they might still be working through all the details, finalizing a localization schedule, and going for a more definite window of release. I have no idea of all the stuff they have to go through to get the rights and all that to localize something, but it seems it'd be a lot of stuff to do.

I rarely see anything outside of huge-name titles that have been announced but are not coming out till 2010 (or I'm blind, or don't care much about the titles that have been announced for a window like that :p) Granted, Atlus did announce Shiren 3 and Trauma Team for Spring 2010....hell, I don't know. But as long as it's coming, that's all that matters to me. I'd import it (Rorona came out today in Japan), but importing an RPG without understanding a bit of Japanese is not that great of an idea :p

I think you may have misunderstood my post.

As I said, I wasn’t really just talking about NISA, but publishers in general. And I wasn’t really making reference to games being announced for 2009 compared to 2010.

I am just saying I just don’t understand why publishers can’t announce a game for NA (EU) at the same time the Japanese release is announced. As long as they already plan on having it localized.

Not looking for a day to date (or even month) release (although it would be nice) as they probably don’t know the localization schedule. However, it would be good to at least hear them confirm it for an overseas release, instead of finding out months later.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
On the PSBlog, Nao hints that they have an announcement this year for a game releasing next year... so maybe it's Rorona as they seem interested in it. They also expressed interest in Trinity Universe.

Volcynika

Hcoregamer00 said:
You should have imported faster when you heard that.

Well if you read the comments, apparently there are multiple game breaking bugs D:

(At least they can patch that out hopefully and take care of it BEFORE releasing it here)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Volcynika said:
Well if you read the comments, apparently there are multiple game breaking bugs D:

(At least they can patch that out hopefully and take care of it BEFORE releasing it here)

Yeah I heard about those, but luckily it looks like Gust is looking to fix those.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Volcynika said:

Hopefully, it is annoying that game breaking bugs are there.

I am still bitter about Ar Tornelico II

zoku88

Kagari said:
For quite some time actually. NISA just needs to announce it.
Having the JPN version of the game with them and getting the reporters to try it is a pretty strong hint :lol

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Absolutely love the art, let's just hope NISA's translation and localizations improve... I held off on AT2 due to hearing about all the bugs.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
Kagari said:
For quite some time actually. NISA just needs to announce it.

http://www.playstationportable.de/artikel/BadmanInterview.html
PlaystationPortable.de: Wird es weitere NIS-Titel in Europa geben?

Allison Walter: Definitiv! Wir arbeiten zurzeit an “Atelier Rorona“ (PS3, Anm. d. Red.) und haben ein paar andere in Planung.

Not quite an official announcement but they confirm they are working on it along with Badman Returns (PSP) and some unannounced titles.

Durante

Saiyar said:
Not quite an official announcement but they confirm they are working on it along with Badman Returns (PSP) and some unannounced titles.
Well, if the interview is real (and I currently don't see a reason to doubt it), then it's basically as good as an announcement. I mean how much more explicit than "Will you have more games?" "Definitely, we are currently working on Atelier Rorona" can you get?

Not surprising at all but still nice to see it confirmed. Their work on Mana Khemia 2 was fine so I don't expect any problems with this one.

androvsky

djtiesto said:
Absolutely love the art, let's just hope NISA's translation and localizations improve... I held off on AT2 due to hearing about all the bugs.

AT2 seems to be the only NISA localized game that I know of with such serious bugs and localization issues. There may be some minor problems here and there (found a crash bug in Cross Edge that only occurs occasionally and only with DLC costumes), but overall their games have been pretty solid.

Does anyone know if NISA actually does any programming, or do they operate as some other game localizers in that they send the translated text back to the Japanese developer for them to rework into the game?

Hobbun

djtiesto said:

Let's hope they get those issues worked out for the NA release.

Volcynika

androvsky said:
AT2 seems to be the only NISA localized game that I know of with such serious bugs and localization issues. There may be some minor problems here and there (found a crash bug in Cross Edge that only occurs occasionally and only with DLC costumes), but overall their games have been pretty solid.

Does anyone know if NISA actually does any programming, or do they operate as some other game localizers in that they send the translated text back to the Japanese developer for them to rework into the game?

I think they send it back and forth to the developer.

Hobbun

Kagari said:
Rorona is basically all but announced for NA.

Yes, I assumed as much. I just hope they iron out those bugs first. Nothing turns me off more than buggy games, especially game-breaking ones. It's one of the reasons I have always preferred console over computer games because they are usually more stable (and understandably so due to the game is run on different set ups).

MelloBoy

Neo Member
androvsky said:

Atelier Rorona currently has an intermittent crash bug that GUST hasn't patched yet. I have yet to encounter it, but from what I've read, it appears to be random, so while somewhat annoying, it's not gamebreaking...but people have complained about losing a few hours of data which they hadn't saved.

Hopefully this will be fixed for your guys' release.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
http://atelier-ps3.jp/rorona/report_0917/

Looks like the bugs are being patched.

vlgame001404.jpg

Top Bottom