• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tons of Atelier Rorona [PS3] pics

Leam

Durante said:
Considering that NISA released A8-A10 (this is A11), announced the recent DS Atelier and is releasing an at least as niche PS3 game (X Edge), I'd say the chances are quite good.

Ah cool, more jrpgs are always a good thing, thanks. I didnt know this series until now.

Can't wait for this. It looks better than I ever expected from Gust. And I'm looking forward to an eventual English release.

Can't believe how much time this thread wasted on sales and graphics, though, given what's involved.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Did I miss the hating on "animu crap"?

edit: Looks good, BTW. My PS3 hungry for RPGee.

rykomatsu

i wonder how many people who've said they wanted a WRPG-style RPG with JRPG aesthetics are actually going to buy this...open ended, branched endings, degrees of freedom in what you ultimately do, etc...

manzo

rykomatsu said:
i wonder how many people who've said they wanted a WRPG-style RPG with JRPG aesthetics are actually going to buy this...open ended, branched endings, degrees of freedom in what you ultimately do, etc...

The visual style will turn some WRPG people away.

The official site updated again with wallpapers for the rest of the characters as well as a second song (which is a remix of the vocal song).

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
SolidSnakex said:
The official site updated again with wallpapers for the rest of the characters as well as a second song (which is a remix of the vocal song).

Thanks.

PS3 won't have any shortage of RPGs this year...

Volcynika

Site updated again, still trying to see what all was added.

Sections that have new are:

Guide
Character (I think two more got added)
System
Blog

Alex

All of the consoles have RPG shortages if you're actually holding out for content that isn't the scum of the Earth.

manzo said:
The visual style will turn some WRPG people away.

It already has and I play JRPGs.

The cast in particular.

Not the visuals technologically though, they look rather nice IMO. I'm a sucker for cell shading stuff though.

jeremy1456

B.K. said:
What else is coming this year for PS3 besides Atelier Rorona, Final Fantasy XIII, and Tales of Vesperia?

Two of those games aren't confirmed for release outside of Japan (though it seems unlikely that Rorona wouldn't make it here) and the other one is definitely not coming out this year (in the US)

lupinko

B.K. said:
What else is coming this year for PS3 besides Atelier Rorona, Final Fantasy XIII, and Tales of Vesperia?

For the West, White Knight Chronicles, and if SCEA and SCEE are smart, Demon's Souls.

jeremy1456

lupinko said:
For the West, White Knight Chronicles, and if SCEA and SCEE are smart, Demon's Souls.

So the only confirmed RPG we have for this year on PS3 in the US is White Knight Chronicles?

B.K.

jeremy1456 said:
Two of those games aren't confirmed for release outside of Japan (though it seems unlikely that Rorona wouldn't make it here) and the other one is definitely not coming out this year (in the US)

I didn't say they were.

WYWY

OK, a guy who uses a frying pan to fight?

Teddy bears as secret items?

Big teddy heads for boulders in the field?

Ok I'm interested again. If the fields are interesting to explore and not much fighting, I'll overlook the moe factor and give this a shot.

rykomatsu

WYWY said:
OK, a guy who uses a frying pan to fight?

Teddy bears as secret items?

Big teddy heads for boulders in the field?

Ok I'm interested again. If the fields are interesting to explore and not much fighting, I'll overlook the moe factor and give this a shot.

Well, they used materialized words, candies, stuffed animals, horribly prepared food, etc to fight in ar tonelico 2 :p

Durante

Volcynika said:
Site updated again, still trying to see what all was added.

Sections that have new are:

Guide
Character (I think two more got added)
System
Blog
There's also a new BGM song. Which sounds very much like a Gust BGM song :D . I like.

Volcynika

Site updated again:

New BGM I think plus two more wallpapers. Light update today.

And as far as localizing, Nao Zook (NISA PR person) on the PS Blog for the Badman announcement

"Oh, Atelier Rorona looks awesome! We all fell in love with the graphics and we are also hoping that we can localize this title! Let’s all keep our fingers crossed:)"

Durante

Volcynika said:
Site updated again:

At some point between the last update and now they must have changed their hosting. I was getting atrocious speed from the site previously (in the range of 3-6 kB/s), but now it's infinitely better.

Volcynika said:
And as far as localizing, Nao Zook (NISA PR person) on the PS Blog for the Badman announcement

"Oh, Atelier Rorona looks awesome! We all fell in love with the graphics and we are also hoping that we can localize this title! Let’s all keep our fingers crossed:)"
As expected, but still good to hear. Let's hope Gust actually allows them to work on it, after AT2 they'd be entirely within their rights to refuse :p

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Volcynika said:
Site updated again:

Ohh, nice.

Volcynika

Another week, another update

New

-Special (Someone translate the second tab if you could :p )
-System
-Characters (More men for Kagari, one even has a spiffy mustache)
-Guide

Lucis

it's basicly about the singer for op and ed, they are both new singers (aka no name people)
op is falling, the star light by yamamoto mineko, ending is fushigina recipie (mysterious recipe) by furuhara nana
the first paragraph also mentions that the in game music will be composed by the same person who composed not only atelier's music but also composed ar tonelico's music. "Yuusaa"? (i am not familiar with who did the music)

Volcynika

Kirashi said:
it's basicly about the singer for op and ed, they are bother new singers (aka no name people)
op is falling, the star light by yamamoto mineko, ending is fushigina recipie (mysterious recipe) by furuhara nana
the first paragraph also mentions that the in game music will be composed by the same person who composed not only atelier's music but also composed ar tonelico's music. "Yuusaa"? (i am not familiar with who did the music)

I actually thought it was about the OP and ED, glad to see I was right. And thanks!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
up0420.jpg

up0421.jpg

up0422.jpg

There's more pics under Special. Looks nice.

Far out it looks clean. Not really my cup of tea, but I can appreciate the tech at least. This engine would be cool for say Kenshin or Hellsing PS3. Id snap that shit up in seconds.

Durante

SolidSnakex said:
Looks nice.

We now have 4 male characters listed in the characters section, including a 46 year old, so everyone should be happy :p
They also have some new screenshots with those chars:
005.jpg

009.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

Also, I hadn't seen this one before, looks like the battle items will still be very Gust-y even in 3D :D:
007.jpg

Top Bottom