• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tons of Atelier Rorona [PS3] pics

Volcynika

zeelman said:
Gust's games are basically bug free when they're released in Japan, but somehow NIS America screws them up when they translate them.

You'd be a little wrong on that. See Atelier Lise.

Yazuka

Aaron said:
One of the previous Atelier games had a homuncli, though it wasn't created by the main character, but given as an assistant.
Oh, I didn't know that. Well perhaps that is what they are then.

zoku88

Besides streaming media, I didn't really have any problems. I thought the problems were related to how far away the server must be from where I am. I guess I got lucky...

Durante

Wow, I get something like 0.5kB/s from the official site. Either it's getting hammered, their server sucks or it's because of the distance. Probably a combination of all three :/

So far, all I've been able to get is the Logo and 6 seconds of music.

Some larger pics from the official site

fci1h.jpg

eb7g28.jpg

n4z8lj.jpg

263ykw1.jpg

2djxac4.jpg

2i89j5e.jpg

35avprp.jpg

2w3rexi.jpg

Is there anything interesting in the dev blog?

http://atelier-ps3.jp/rorona/d-blog/index.htm

Quixzlizx

Durante said:
What made me increasingly like Gust and look forward to their games over the past few years is that, in my opinion, each one markedly improves upon its predecessor. Especially concerning their battle systems.

That said, the AI games (and MK, which is more or less a continuation of it) are quite different from AT, and I can easily see how someone would like one but not the other. While AI and MK focus less on alchemy than previous Atelier games (at least I heard that this is the case, I haven't played any other Atelier titles), they're still an alchemy / RPG mix. Conversely, the AT games are a lot more like a normal JRPG in terms of overall structure (excluding the graphic adventure / visual novel part for a moment) with just a dash of alchemy here and there.

Anyway, I also prefer the AT series to their other games overall, but the Atelier titles do get better and better and I enjoyed all of them to some degree.

Maybe I'll try Mana Khemia before trying to dip into an AI game again, then.

Durante

Taking screenshots of the flash is not so elegant -- here are some direct links. No [x] in these ;)

Music:
http://atelier-ps3.jp/rorona/mp3/a11_op_web.MP3

Screenshots: (900x508)
Rorona: http://atelier-ps3.jp/rorona/image/one/rorona/001.jpg (etc, counting up to 7)
Cuderia: http://atelier-ps3.jp/rorona/image/one/cuderia/001.jpg (as above)
I assume other characters are the same, couldn't check yet because of network speed.

Voice samples:
http://atelier-ps3.jp/rorona/voice/rorona_01.mp3
Again, probably the same with each character's name.

Durante

Let's see if they allow direct linking:

005.jpg

I'm quite surprised at the image quality even at this size. Either they're using AA at 720p (which I don't even dare hope to expect from a small JRPG dev) or they're specifically made press shots (which I also don't see Gust bothering to make).

rykomatsu

Quick translation of dev blog first entry

Hello everyone. My name is Okamura and I am the director for the title, "Atelier Rorona". First off, I'm very grateful for the fortune to be able to announce this title.

I'm still shocked, after all these years here, with my first major role being responsible for the development of Gust's first foray into the PS3, but until the release date, I promise to put everything along with the staff into the game to create a "nostalgic and fresh" Atelier game that everyone can enjoy, so please be looking forward to it.

Now that that's out of the way, since this is the first entry, let me start with a brief explanation of the title and what not.

If you've played the Atelier series up to now, I'm sure you've been having high hopes for the game, imagining what the game might be like and what not, but this Atelier will be the first in a new series that revisits putting heavy emphasis on crafting.
That said, though, we're not looking to just return to our roots. We've soul searched through previous entries in this series to guide us towards that "nostalgic and fresh" Atelier. The questions of great importance we came to realize were:

What was the first Atelier we were exposed to?
What was the first Atelier we created?
What was our most favorite Atelier?

This may be obvious, but there is no one right answer to any of those questions. Combining the answers to the above questions and all of our experiences to this date; all those points are, in various manners, connected to the phrase "Welcome home-"

It may be difficult to fulfill all of our and your desires. Even so, we wanted to take a definite step in a new direction with a purpose, and that's how this title "Atelier Rorona" was born. And finally, nothing would make me happier as both an employee of GUST and as someone who's been involved in the Atelier series, than if Atelier fans of all generations are able to start to comprehend the "new shape of Atelier" by experiencing this game's story,

I've rambled on a little bit, but I hope everyone has been able to see a glimpse into the thoughts that I'm trying to convey. I'm sure you'll follow along with my future rambling, but please me nice to me.

Anyhow, let us meet again at my next blog entry; adieu~

hteng

Banned
characters look very good, too loli, environment looks really bland. Bah, how can you play this infront of other people.. it's just... weird.

gantz85

Banned
Wow.. the graphics and the screenshots look fantastic.

I'm looking forward to see how this reviews and learning more about this title.

That Atelier Rorona world portrayed in the screenshots is somewhere where I would LOVE to hang out for a long time hours on end if the world was fascinating and entertaining enough. If a company with large resources built a co-op game in this kind of world with this kind of engine I would really take to it.

hteng said:
characters look very good, too loli, environment looks really bland. Bah, how can you play this infront of other people.. it's just... weird.

By not giving a shit about what people think about the games I play.

kiryogi

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
By not giving a shit about what people think about the games I play.
Amen! God tho, the people that saw me playing ArT2 thought I was playing some suicide helpline game when I was curing IPDs :lol

Durante

gantz85 said:
[...]
Dark Cloud 2 graphics? No my sir troll.

Closer to this:[...]
Thank you. Some people apparently have horribly inaccurate memory when it comes to how last gen games looked. (Which is strange since they should be reminded by Wii)

I really like this comparison:
vsgqhd.jpg

They're quite similar shots (except for time of day and thus lighting) and it shows that the environment detail level/rendering between the 2 games is very close. In terms of character cell shading, there are some differences: Rorona has no self-shadows but stronger outlines and a bit more detailed texture work, but again the level of polygonal detail seems quite close.

RpgN

Durante said:
Thank you. Some people apparently have horribly inaccurate memory when it comes to how last gen games looked. (Which is strange since they should be reminded by Wii)

:lol True my friend. I'm personally warming-up for this game, the music sample sounds great. So far it looks really good. I wonder if it's because there aren't that many rpgs on the ps3 or because it does look like it will be a good game.

Durante

Leam said:
No chance of a US or PAL release?
Considering that NISA released A8-A10 (this is A11), announced the recent DS Atelier and is releasing an at least as niche PS3 game (X Edge), I'd say the chances are quite good.
Of course, it will likely take a while.

RpgN said:
I wonder if it's because there aren't that many rpgs on the ps3 or because it does look like it will be a good game.
I own all the gaming platforms and I'd say absolutely the latter, but I'm a Gust fan.

Cedille

These pics once again make me realize that tri-Crescendo deserves more compliments especially given they were a sound related company.

Top Bottom