• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1-2 HD. Summer 2012 $15

EYEL1NER

lol, like there's something wrong with playing TH games with the analog sticks...
It certainly has never been a problem for me to use the analog sticks in the almost 13 years the series has been around and I'm a THPS god.

Oreoleo

lol, like there's something wrong with playing TH games with the analog sticks...
It certainly has never been a problem for me to use the analog sticks in the almost 13 years the series has been around and I'm a THPS god.

Seriously...
THPS1, N64. Analog stick.
THPS2, Dreamcast. Analog stick.

I'm not really seeing the problem here...

EYEL1NER

Seriously...
THPS1, N64. Analog stick.
THPS2, Dreamcast. Analog stick.

I'm not really seeing the problem here...
I only really played the PSone version. I bought the DC versions recently (sometime in the past 5 years) but never really played them I don't think.

All this talk of "faster skating" and "improved physics" has me concerned. Analogue stick doesn't worry me, I was playing Tony 2 on Dreamcast recently, played great.

EYEL1NER

All this talk of "faster skating" and "improved physics" has me concerned. Analogue stick doesn't worry me, I was playing Tony 2 on Dreamcast recently, played great.

That's exactly what I am saying. I could have sworn that the physics were going to be left alone and be exactly the same, that they were just prettying the game up.

And WHAT THE FUCK?! at there not being any splitscreen multiplayer in the game???!!! How did I miss this news before?
Between this and Jet Set Radio HD I was ready to party like it's 1999 this summer. At least JSR HD is looking fantastic and being treated with love...

Jtrizzy

Seems like using analogs would be a lot less accurate, and harder. Anyway it will be fun to see the leaderboards. I can't really remember how high my scores were on the original games. I played a shit load of the first two, but just a little of the third.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Nostalgia overload right now. Omg.

Oreoleo

Sajjaja

Ohhhh man. This is my jam. Was there song skip in THPS2? Because I listened to this song more than probably any other in the game.

Aye, there was. You could choose what song you wanted to listen to at anytime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B2mgw6pWrc&feature=relmfu

haha i haven't heard this in a while. it's definitely hugely nostalgic for me. i actually saw these guys open for sum 41 when i went to my first real concert (they played this song obviously). good times.

Sick! Love that song man.

Also, one of the songs I remembered most from my playtime through both games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zk4W4bGAj8

I AM THE AMBASSADOR, I'LL KICK YOUR ASSADOR!

EYEL1NER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaPhuP4ROUQ

^ How has this not been posted yet?
My favorite song from the first game, followed by Police Truck, Cyco Vision, and Euro-Barge.

But man if THPS 3 didn't kill with that soundtrack. I haven't ever loved 3 as much as some people (I prefer 4 as the 'Ultimate THPS game'), but Fight Like A Brave, 96 Quite Bitter Beings, Amongst the Madness, Check, If You Must, Cut Chemist Suite, and goddamn The Boy Who Destroyed the World?

"Comin hardcore like a gangsta bitch..."
"With my perceptions in a mix, down 20 miles through the sticks..."
"It's important to practice good hygiene..."
"Party People, Rocks tha house"

And then "ONCE THERE WAS A BOY WHO HAD A VIBRANT GLOW!"

Can't fucking wait!!!!

This is probably all I'll be playing this summer. I more excited for this coming out than for all the big release games coming out this year!! :p

Sajjaja

Can't fucking wait!!!!

This is probably all I'll be playing this summer. I more excited for this coming out than for all the big release games coming out this year!! :p

You know what's awesome? ONLINE MULTIPLAYER! HELLL YEAHHHH! Not only will it be one of the best party games, but a fucking awesome online game.

The worst thing about THPS1 on N64 was that the songs had the lyrics removed due to space limitations IIRC. Yet somehow the game still got my 12 year old self into Primus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBQ2305fLeA&ob=av3e&t=30s

Best song. Best guitar. Best time.

LOL MAN! I fucking LOVED THIS SONG! I would bob my head around so much listening to this Primus song. Fuck yeah.

EYEL1NER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fsR0mBQJ-g
It doesn't matter what you say...BULLSHIT!"
You know what's awesome? ONLINE MULTIPLAYER! HELLL YEAHHHH! Not only will it be one of the best party games, but a fucking awesome online game.

LOL MAN! I fucking LOVED THIS SONG! I would bob my head around so much listening to this Primus song. Fuck yeah.
Online will be cool, but no splitscreen pisses me off. I used to love playing HORSE against my brother. Why the hell is it 10+ years in the future and now I can't play Tony Hawk with someone in the same room as me???

Sajjaja

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fsR0mBQJ-g
It doesn't matter what you say...BULLSHIT!"

Online will be cool, but no splitscreen pisses me off. I used to love playing HORSE against my brother. Why the hell is it 10+ years in the future and now I can't play Tony Hawk with someone in the same room as me???

Oh man, I would listen to this when I played that UFO level lol.

.....there's no split screen?????????? WHAT? THAT WAS THE BEST PART!!!!! THIS GAME IS A PARTY GAME AND ONE OF THE BEST FEATURES WAS THE SPLIT SCREEN!

EYEL1NER

Oh man, I would listen to this when I played that UFO level lol.

.....there's no split screen?????????? WHAT? THAT WAS THE BEST PART!!!!! THIS GAME IS A PARTY GAME AND ONE OF THE BEST FEATURES WAS THE SPLIT SCREEN!
From two days ago: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/343750/previews/tony-hawks-hd-the-original-skate-game-in-dazzling-high-def/
In these days of CoD Elite and Autlolog there's a level of connectivity that's missing, while old hands will likely mourn the absence of split-screen play.

And shit, I was just looking at soundtracks for other Xtreme Sports games from that era, like Dave Mirra, and I remember now how much I loved the Matt Hoffman Pro BMX soundtrack. It had Outkast's 'Bombs over Baghdad,' Agent Orange's 'Everything Turns Gray (the song that put me on Agent Orange)', and Deltron 3030's 'Positive Contact.'
The skating and biking games of the late 90's and early 00's really had awesome soundtracks. The Tony Hawk games weren't the only ones. But the Tony Hawk games did it the best. There hasn't been a Tony Hawk games where I could not find a ton of songs I liked on the soundtrack, from THPS1 up to TH Proving Ground.

Sajjaja

Fuck this shit man, deal breaker. COMPLETE FUCKING DEAL BREAKER! I could take them not having the entire sound track, but why the fuck would I bother if they take out split screen. I can just pop in my original disks, which I have in front of me right now, and play the fuck out of it with the original soundtracks. Fuck that shit.
V2v3u.jpg

Also.... hell yeah, I'm a member now!

Linkhero1

From two days ago: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/343750/previews/tony-hawks-hd-the-original-skate-game-in-dazzling-high-def/

And shit, I was just looking at soundtracks for other Xtreme Sports games from that era, like Dave Mirra, and I remember now how much I loved the Matt Hoffman Pro BMX soundtrack. It had Outkast's 'Bombs over Baghdad,' Agent Orange's 'Everything Turns Gray (the song that put me on Agent Orange)', and Deltron 3030's 'Positive Contact.'
The skating and biking games of the late 90's and early 00's really had awesome soundtracks. The Tony Hawk games weren't the only ones. But the Tony Hawk games did it the best. There hasn't been a Tony Hawk games where I could not find a ton of songs I liked on the soundtrack, from THPS1 up to TH Proving Ground.

What the fuck? How am I supposed to enjoy this with friends if it's not splitscreen? Ah guess I'm going to have to pass unless they decide to add splitscreen multiplayer.

TripOpt55

No splitscreen? I still see my old high school friend who was my Tony Hawk rival. We were all excited to get together and play this. What a bummer.

EYEL1NER

Well, that is the only source I can find that says it. No where else does, but then again, I can't find any articles that refer to local multiplayer at all. The only time MP gets mentioned is discussing online.
It could be a mistake. But it could also be Activision/Robomodo pulling an "EA/SSX" on us and deciding that we don't need local multiplayer in games anymore.

If it turns out to be true, I'm waiting for the game to get dirt-cheap like during an Xmas sale or I'll wait until I can get a really good deal on points cards.

No local multiplayer is some straight bullshit (once again, if legit and true).
Also.... hell yeah, I'm a member now!
Huh. I've never witnessed the transformation before until now.
Do you feel...different? Strangely powerful maybe?

EYEL1NER

But to put it in words, I'm growing older all the time, still younger in my mind.
Well played.

This really does suck though. I was looking forward to this game a lot.
The soundtrack news hit me hard, but when I found out some songs were coming back, I realized that there were making an effort and I got over it.
The news that the Secret Tapes were being turned into Secret DVDs irked me slightly. Why fuck with shit? Kids nowadays aren't going to know what a VHS is? But then I thought 'Hey, it's a minor thing. Just don't let it bother you. It's insignificant.'
But if there is no local multi... why the hell not? That is one of the huge things about the early games! Online multiplayer gets HORSE? That came from the original multiplayer!!!
I can't imagine that there is a good reason that it is not going to be in. And I doubt anyone will give us a straight answer on it.

Instead of playing Tony Hawk with a good buddy of mine like I used to do with friends when I was younger and had more than one friend, I am expected to have a better time getting together with 3 racist, xenophobe XBL players for a game of 'HORSE.' Or more likely a game of '******.'

At least JSR HD isn't going to disappoint me.

Anth0ny

I'm still hyped. I have most of the soundtrack from THPS 1, 2 and 3 on my ipod and will be playing them via custom soundtrack on my 360. I had some great times with splitscreen with my friends. Unfortunately, they've either grown out of games or "evolved" into dudebros who will only play COD. So again, not too pissed about that being out, but it is a bummer.

The thing I'm most concerned with is the controller. I've pumped at least 500 hours into THPS3 with my GC controller, and I know for a fact it's not going to be fun to adapt to the 360 controller. Shouldn't be too big a deal, tho-
The news that the Secret Tapes were being turned into Secret DVDs irked me slightly. Why fuck with shit? Kids nowadays aren't going to know what a VHS is? But then I

WOAH WAIT WHAT

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN FUCK THIS

No splitscreen sucks but you can still play HORSE locally without splitscreen. Plus since it's a digital download I can install it on my second PS3 and still play side by side with friends if I wanted, though not everyone is in that situation.

Turning the tapes into DVDs is lame, it's going to be a nostalgia fest and you need to remind us that tapes used to exist and make the new kids wonder what they hell those things are. But I do like the fact that Hawk wants to bring the franchise back to this style and make new stuff with the same style as well. Also big props for getting Downhill Jam back. Don't care what any of y'all say, I love that level.

Sajjaja

No splitscreen sucks but you can still play HORSE locally without splitscreen. Plus since it's a digital download I can install it on my second PS3 and still play side by side with friends if I wanted, though not everyone is in that situation.

Turning the tapes into DVDs is lame, it's going to be a nostalgia fest and you need to remind us that tapes used to exist and make the new kids wonder what they hell those things are. But I do like the fact that Hawk wants to bring the franchise back to this style and make new stuff with the same style as well. Also big props for getting Downhill Jam back. Don't care what any of y'all say, I love that level.

Downhill Jam was hard as fuck.

Musiol

I really hope that they can bring back nearly whole soundtrack, mostly hoping for rock/punk songs, 'cause they're heart of old Tony Hawk's game. And all this videos here bring so many memories.

Also, if there's no local multi that's a deal breaker for me as well. I was looking forward to playing this with some of my friends who loved these games when they were younger (not everyone has a console, not everyone has online).

It's still impressive to me that a Tony Hawk game was the last game for the N64, and actually the last game released on cartridge for a home console ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sFsr-U0aNY

I never played it (had moved on to GameCube and got THPS3 on that) but damn. That was some dedication.
Woah, I used to play that LA level all the time, how did I not know there was an elevator on it? I feel like I failed my childhood.

Top Bottom