• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1-2 HD. Summer 2012 $15

Sajjaja

I hope so.

I'm not kidding, haters gonna hate
Hell yeah.

Yo..... Screaming Bloody Murder had me doing just that. I admit, I enjoyed some parts.... but they've never been the same without Brownsound.

Maybe it'll be something from a more talented canadian band
Billy Talent
:p
Lol, I love me some Billy Talent, but I don't think any of their music would go well with this. Maybe Rusted in the Rain?

Soul_Pie

Absolutely adored the first three games.

Funnily enough I had the first one for N64, the second for PC and the 3rd for PS1.

Will probably pick these HD collections up.

Absolutely adored the first three games.

Funnily enough I had the first one for N64, the second for PC and the 3rd for PS1.

Will probably pick these HD collections up.
The way you call them "HD collections" can give a misunderstanding to some. These are not HD Collections like say the God of War HD Collection or Jak & Daxter HD Collection or any of the other ones that have come out where they simply up the graphics, and as a result looks better than the originals but still not that great. Rather, THPS HD has been remade from scratch (well not completed from scratch, all the levels are being recreated 100% identical to the originals) so there's nothing stopping it from looking as good as most games today and also means new features like better animations can be implemented.

the soundtrack is not going to be 100% intact. They've been saying this from day one. Stop setting yourselves up for disappointment. Let it go.

I wonder why though, not like most of those bands have been doing much since then, Powerman 5000? Goldfinger? I mean you'd think they be jumping for the opportunity again.

also I liked this song from Tony Hawk 2, doesnt seemed to get mentioned much though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uButCstEjAo

Even if they can't get the entire soundtracks, getting half from one and half from two will still produce a pretty complete soundtrack.

I'm more concerned about how with so much to choose from, there's only seven levels

(Still buying)

Morphis

Does anyone here like the Marseille level from THPS 2? It was the demo for the PC version, and I poured hours into that, since I didn't have the game. When I finally got the game I still played that level a lot since I was so familliar with it :)

Anyway, I don't see the level mentioned a lot, so I hope that it makes it in. Might be a dealbreaker for me. Probably not though, still enough nostaglia no matter what levels they decide on.

Does anyone here like the Marseille level from THPS 2? It was the demo for the PC version, and I poured hours into that, since I didn't have the game. When I finally got the game I still played that level a lot since I was so familliar with it :)

Anyway, I don't see the level mentioned a lot, so I hope that it makes it in. Might be a dealbreaker for me. Probably not though, still enough nostaglia no matter what levels they decide on.
You mean this one?

19160.jpg

The other levels that will come with the game on the release day are the Warehouse, School 2, Mall, Hangar, Venice Beach, and Downhill Jam Phoenix.

Goldrusher

I suppose that custom soundtracks are better for a sports game than any other, since there isn't cutscenes and voice overs. But you run into the music playing over all the sound effects, having to be manually started and stopped or just left to play over the end of the level, and more.

The game is supposed to be nostalgia-overload and that is ruined for me if I can't hear that classic sound of a special move being pulled off or the sound of wheels on pavement because I have custom soundtracks playing over the whole game.
That's why the game needs a proper custom soundtrack feature. Many games have it.
The player selects own songs, which then get used in the game and not on top of it, like when you use the XMB or Dashboard system.

Sajjaja

Aaaah, and here I was reading through the thread thinking May 16 would get no love. Probably the definitive THPS song for me, along with Superman.

I've actually met the singer from Lagwagon (Joey Cape) a couple times, and the first thing I ever asked him about was this song.

What'd he say? I want more.
Did you sleep with him?

Banned
At least he knows future games are dead. and what's that about a donation? Hawk doesn't need money.

EYEL1NER

That is great news.
Now if we could get JSR HD locked down, I'll know when my only two games I am looking forward to this summer will come out.

Tattooth

Only a month away? I don't think I am ready. They need to get spiderman in this one since there is that tie in game coming out the same month, it would be perfect!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Platforms announced yet?

bug_42

Is it just me, or does they price keep going up? Didn't this start out as $10?

I could easily be wrong.

THUG was dope but everything since has been garbage. I'm so pumped to play this in June. Hopefully we get THPS5 after this. Back to basics.

Top Bottom