• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1-2 HD. Summer 2012 $15

Vire

Man, I just browsed through those links and I got goosebumps. So many memories.

I remember every single damn lyric...

chunk3rvd

Been playing the iOS version of THPS2 for the last week and despite the fiddly controls, the memories have been flooding back. I've managed to 100% the first 4 levels so far which isn't bad considering the touch screen

Even found a way to put the origianl soundtrack and opening video (with Guerilla Radio) back in with no jailbreak required which increases the nostalgia factor!

EYEL1NER

We need to see some more song announcements if it is coming out so soon.
And if they use this as a platform to release more levels for, it would be kind of cool to see a disc-based release a year or so from now with the levels. Not just because I prefer physical copies over digital but as a big Tony Hawk Pro Skater fan, I would want to buy it to add to my Tony Hawk game collection.

Shaneus

Oooo any guides?
Looks like this might have everything you need:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3myYe_Spgfw

Edit: Also, even though the dude in the video is manually editing the .IPA on his PC, you may be able to edit it on your phone using something like iExplorer (which will work without needing a j/b... just navigate to the app folders and the raw mp3 files should be there).

Edit #2: This is better:
http://jailbreakzone.com/2011/03/07...the-real-soundtrack-back-no-jailbreak-needed/

Sajjaja

wish they added some life to the levels, all those vids look postapocalyptic.

Everything seems very dull :(

Like... this is the original warehouse:
1291896059_tony-hawks-pro-skater.jpg

Now it's all dark with it's high tech, "lighting effects."

Still passable I guess though :p
zJOY3.png

From the Facebook page.

BIG NEWS: We can confirm that there WILL be downloadable content for THPS HD coming after release, and the first batch will be levels from Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 3!! However, the exact levels haven’t been decided yet, so Activision, Robomodo, and Tony Hawk himself want to hear from the fans to help determine the final content. So please, comment below on which levels from THPS3 are your favorite and explain why! The Birdman himself will make the final call on what is ultimately included.

FyreWulff

From the Facebook page.

BIG NEWS: We can confirm that there WILL be downloadable content for THPS HD coming after release, and the first batch will be levels from Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 3!! However, the exact levels haven’t been decided yet, so Activision, Robomodo, and Tony Hawk himself want to hear from the fans to help determine the final content. So please, comment below on which levels from THPS3 are your favorite and explain why! The Birdman himself will make the final call on what is ultimately included.

I'd probably have to say Canada, Airport, and Cruise Ship

plus san-fran (the level with the earthquake) and tokio.

Oh, forgot about San Fran. That one too.

Musiol

OST is here: http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/article/sv-interview-tony-hawk-pro-skater-hd-soundtrack-revealed

“Bring the Noise” Anthrax featuring Chuck D

“Superman” Goldfinger

“When Worlds Collide” Powerman 5000

“Heavy Metal Winner” Consumed

“May 16” Lagwagon

“No Cigar” Millencolin

“You” Bad Religion

“The Bomb” Pigeon John

“We the People” Lateef the Truthspeaker

“Marathon Mansion!” Pegasuses-XL

“Teenage Blood” Apex Manor

“Please Ask for Help” Telekinesis

“Flyentology (Cassettes Won’t Listen Remix)” El-P featuring Trent Reznor

“USA” Middle Class Rut

YES! Maybe new thread?

EYEL1NER

Pretty disappointing soundtrack for me when it comes to old choices, but it is what it is.
Not everyone can be Sega.

No Guerrilla radio?

How do you release a THPS 1-2 compilation without that?

They made the right picks for the most part but Guerrilla radio is THE Pro Skater 2 song.

Sophia

No "Out With The Old", or "Guerrilla Radio?" How can you have a THPS soundtrack without one of those two? :(

Love the rest of the soundtrack however.

Oreoleo

I hear you guys who want Guerrilla Radio, I really do. But there was practically no chance it would have happened.

No Dub Pistols is a shot to the heart, though :(

Alphahawk

I guess we got spoiled by the later games that seemed like they had 140 songs.

To tell you the truth, the new games seemed almost too much for me. The THPS 1-3 songs are classic because you heard them over and over again. With THUG things just got kinda ridiculous.

Shaneus

Pretty disappointing soundtrack for me when it comes to old choices, but it is what it is.
Not everyone can be Sega.
By pulling a Crazy Taxi and not including anything at all?

List looks orright in my book. Not perfect, but pretty damned good. No Cigar is there, so I'm happy.

EYEL1NER

By pulling a Crazy Taxi and not including anything at all?

List looks orright in my book. Not perfect, but pretty damned good. No Cigar is there, so I'm happy.
No, by Treating JSR HD with love and giving us most of the soundtrack and promising to work hard to obtain the rest. They've been treating this HD port with a lot of love.

They learned some lessons about what people want from HD ports after SA1 and Crazy Taxi.

Top Bottom