• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1-2 HD. Summer 2012 $15

Of course PS3 users will not mind waiting until August! Great thinking there, Activision.

I not get these kinds of comments.

That is not Activisions vault, its because if you want to be part of SoA you have to be exclusive for at least a month on XBLA.

So if your really upset by this, be upset towards MS their policy

That is not Activisions vault, its because if you want to be part of SoA you have to be exclusive for at least a month on XBLA.

It's not like Activision woke up this morning and went "WHAT?! We can't release at the same time?!"

They knew what they were doing.

They decided to be part of the summer of arcade, therefore it's their fault.

jaxpunk

Ya I mean there's no way they saw this coming? I'm sure MS came in later and said oh by the way, then ran out the door before they could do anything about it. Right that's how business works? What else would you like to excuse Activision for?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Game is coming out July 18th on XBL for 1200points ($15) and a few weeks later for PSN.

JEOi4.gif

Do you have any evidence of this?

It's perfectly plausible that Activision wanted this in Summer of Arcade and happily let Microsoft have it. Summer of Arcade is a well known promotion and the games that are in it get a huge advertising push and huge sales compared to most other stuff on XBLA and certainly anything on PSN. Being a part of this is desirable for a publisher, and while Microsoft might have paid, it's just as likely that Activision paid them to be a part of it. That's based on nothing at all, but then neither was your post so I figure why not =P

The extra sales they get for being part of SoA could easily compensate for the sales they defer on PSN for a month.

Activision paid to be a part of it? lmfao

You're most definitely overstating the "huge advertising push" SOA gets. It's not like they run commercials on TV. It's just a higher profile release date than usual, with some push here and there on the web and on the console.

A major third party publisher like Activision is not going to delay their game on other platforms just for a little extra advertising, and they're most certainly not going to PAY to do so. lol again.

It's almost a certainty that Activision was given a sweetheart deal to be exclusive for a month. Maybe Microsoft only takes a 10% cut of sales, when they usually take 33% or something, but there was a deal made to make this happen.

Do you also believe that those Call of Duty map packs being exclusive to the Xbox for a month aren't being paid for?

S1kkZ

I always sucked at these games

i sucked unti thps 3. when they introduced the revert, it finally "clicked" with me.
really sad that they didnt include the revert option in this (in know its there but it doesnt count for combos, so its pretty much useless).

No split-screen support

PSU: The original Xbox version of Tony Hawk 2 supported 4 player splitscreen. Are there any plans to support a mode close to that?

Tsui: That was a tough decision for the team. Given the limited scope of the game we had to make some choices on what goes into game. Split screen was talked about heavily but in the end we had to really look at the way people play nowadays which is more online. Having both split screen and online would have sacrificed a lot of time and quality to work in the amount of time that we had.

http://www.psu.com/a015781/PSU-goes-inside-the-mind-behind-Tony-Hawk-Pro-Skater-HD

bluemax

Banned
I played this at E3, did a 900 in the half pipe in the Warehouse with TH and that was probably the most enjoyable moment of E3 for me.

Who the hell still plays split screen in this age?
Your 56k modem not up to par for online gaming?

You see, there's this little thing, often overlooked of late, called local co-op. Utilizing the advanced technology of multiple controllers, it makes it possible to play with other people who are with you inside your living room! I know it sounds intrusive, but it's awesome and you get to eat mozzarella sticks and drink beer with them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Pass...

While online is great, I think splitscreen is the main selling point for me. Not being able to play with family and friends blows.

People with family and friends.
Did you know that there's a thing called the internet where your friends can play with you? I'm not saying lack of split screen is good, but it's not surprising either. Did anyone really think an Activision downloadable title was going to have split screen? Also, it's pretty ridiculous to assume people don't play with their friends online.

Linkhero1

Did you know that there's a thing called the internet where your friends can play with you? I'm not saying lack of split screen is good, but it's not surprising either. Did anyone really think an Activision downloadable title was going to have split screen? Also, it's pretty ridiculous to assume people don't play with their friends online.

Did you know that not all my friends own an Xbox 360? Did you know I played the original mostly with family? Did you know that people still play local? Did you know that a lot of my friends who are on XBL don't play Tony Hawk games? Did you know?

Just because there's online doesn't mean I will be able to play with the people I want to play with.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Did you know that not all my friends own an Xbox 360? Did you know I played the original mostly with family? Did you know that people still play local? Did you know that a lot of my friends who are on XBL don't play Tony Hawk games? Did you know?

Just because there's online doesn't mean I will be able to play with the people I want to play with.

lol then why did you say people with family and friends play split screen. Last I checked, I had family and friends, and I play online.

TripOpt55

I still hang out with my friend from high school who I used to play this with. Split screen was the main reason I was looking forward to this. I may have to pass on this now.

Edit: My friend only has a Wii this gen, but we play co op on my HD systems when he comes over. So online wouldn't be doable. Plus sitting in the same room with your friend playing is much more fun than online. Not sure why this would be hard to understand.

Anth0ny

it's 2012 who the fuck has real friends anymore?

this =(

It's funny that people are pissed about THPS not having local multiplayer, and pissed at Nintendo for not including online multiplayer for NSMB/Pikmin.

Of course, the solution is to have both. But at this point, I'll take online over local, unfortunately.

Xav

This game is being made by the guys who gave us Ride & Shred, lack of split-screen support will probably be the least of it's problems.

Top Bottom