• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1-2 HD. Summer 2012 $15

narca

Banned
Just a few pages ago there was talk that none of the original soundtrack would be there. I think they did a pretty good job considering the pain in the ass a lot of those record labels must have been.

Sophia

I hear you guys who want Guerrilla Radio, I really do. But there was practically no chance it would have happened.

No Dub Pistols is a shot to the heart, though :(

It just isn't THPS2 without Guerrilla Radio. That song is to THPS 2 what Superman is to THPS1. You just GOTTA have it. :(

xbox.com update

boxartlg.jpg

Provisional release date July 11th.

screenlg3.jpg

From the xbla thread.

AMUSIX

Just saw the soundtrack list....no New Girl, no Euro Barge, no Here and Now...looks like I've got to start making a custom setlist.

dock

Is it possible to do custom soundtracks on the PS3 or 360 in a way that integrates into the game? As in, just plays during gameplay? If so, how?

If games are being re-released with busted soundtracks the developers really need to offer a better option for custom soundtracks in their games.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Fuck that, if Sega can do it, why not Activision? Pretty shameful shit.

Here and now and new girl were pretty much integral to my Tony Hawk experience.

Other than Rob Zombie, most of the stuff Sega had to license never played on MTV or on the radio. Kind of not the same thing.

MMaRsu

Banned
Other than Rob Zombie, most of the stuff Sega had to license never played on MTV or on the radio. Kind of not the same thing.

So? Activision has loads of cash.. Unless there are licensing issues I'm sure New Girl and Here and Now aren't that hard to acquire.

Sajjaja

So? Activision has loads of cash.. Unless there are licensing issues I'm sure New Girl and Here and Now aren't that hard to acquire.

....You realize you're talking about Activision here right? I don't remember them delivering high quality over monetary possession in a long time....

EYEL1NER

I wouldn't imagine Here and Now is hard to license at all, seeing as goddamn 75% of the trailers and previews I see at a movie theater have it playing in the background.

Nivert

A few weeks later? I was gonna get it day 1 but now if it turns out it's shit I won't have to get it at all. Thanks Activision!

Please don't be shit :(

I'm just going to turn off the music and make a Thsp1/2 soundtrack on my rdio app and go to town. To paraphrase homer Simpson "no new crap, play taking care of business" also skip to the working overtime part.

Is it possible to do custom soundtracks on the PS3 or 360 in a way that integrates into the game? As in, just plays during gameplay? If so, how?

If games are being re-released with busted soundtracks the developers really need to offer a better option for custom soundtracks in their games.

The PAIN custom soundtracks integrate perfectly. You select a playlist from the sound menu, then it plays tracks in-game, and stops them in between as if the music is part of the game. If they do it the same for this on PS3 it would be awesome.

Do understand that there's a cost to everything - if Activision would have agreed to paying all the music licenses, that would have cut into possible profit and also raise the game's price. That probably wouldn't be to anyone's liking either. Music licensing is just a very, very complicated thing.

What the hell!? It was always best on PS1, on Sony controls. Why give Microsoft the advantage? You think Sony would try and reclaim it. Ugh for the unnecessary wait.

Coen

Can't stand that 'exclusive for a month' crap Microsoft pulls off every once in a while. Probably due to a new summer of arcade deal?

Can't stand that 'exclusive for a month' crap Microsoft pulls off every once in a while. Probably due to a new summer of arcade deal?

Seriously, I know it sounds kind of petty, but the only way companies are going to learn is by people voting with their wallets, so sorry Activision, you've timed exclusive'd yourself out of a sale.

Shaneus

What the hell!? It was always best on PS1, on Sony controls. Why give Microsoft the advantage? You think Sony would try and reclaim it. Ugh for the unnecessary wait.
Eh, I preferred it with the Dreamcast controller. PS3 pad always cramps my style and I have far more friends on XBL than PSN so I have no problem with this.

<-- Unbiased gamer.

SkylineRKR

Expected this, Summer of Arcade usually means a 4 week delay for PSN. Its shit, I was looking forward to play this in July, during my holiday.

I would forgive Activision if they also made it Vita compatible. Would be awesome with its D-pad.

Microsoft paid to have it exclusive for a limited time.

Do you have any evidence of this?

It's perfectly plausible that Activision wanted this in Summer of Arcade and happily let Microsoft have it. Summer of Arcade is a well known promotion and the games that are in it get a huge advertising push and huge sales compared to most other stuff on XBLA and certainly anything on PSN. Being a part of this is desirable for a publisher, and while Microsoft might have paid, it's just as likely that Activision paid them to be a part of it. That's based on nothing at all, but then neither was your post so I figure why not =P

The extra sales they get for being part of SoA could easily compensate for the sales they defer on PSN for a month.

Eh, I preferred it with the Dreamcast controller. PS3 pad always cramps my style and I have far more friends on XBL than PSN so I have no problem with this.

<-- Unbiased gamer.

Get more PSN friends.

I really just rather the ps controller for tony hawk games.

Top Bottom