• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human - New Developer Diary

Mifune

Mehmber
Pretty cool viral campaign. I could go for more of these faux-Errol Morris docs.

It's a shame they show older footage of the game in the actual diary though.

Deepblue

Banned
Am I the only one that actually watched through the documentary piece only to be frustrated as hell when they didn't show the "goblin?"

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Union Carbine said:
I watched the first part which was awesome - very well done. However, I still got broken links for the 2nd and 3rd parts. I'll try back later.

Definitely intentional. There may be a game tied into unlocking the second and third videos or they may just be released as we near launch.

Mifune

Mehmber
The reason we don't see the Goblin is that the whole "doc" is a recreation of what happened based on the interview subjects' stories. Ala Errol Morris.

opkal

Pretty neat documentary, though they straight-up copied the NFB's logo, hell even the language selection page is exactly the same as the NFB's.

Maybe that's the point though...

xbhaskarx

Mifune said:
The reason we don't see the Goblin is that the whole "doc" is a recreation of what happened based on the interview subjects' stories. Ala Errol Morris.

Yeah, I enjoyed it mainly because of it was clearly using the style of Errol Morris, right down to the Phillip Glass type music. The Thin Blue Line is my all-time favorite documentary.

FrankT

Awesome vid, really interesting to boot, some of the environments in this game just look so beautiful. Anyhow, the game has come such a long way in regards to game mechanics and animation, in about every respect really.

Give us a demo and a hard date so we can all rest at peace at night.

nubbe

The "documentary" made me google for Goblin Man. :p
It would have been fun if they had made some articles or so to make it more valid.

Ark-AMN

Banned
As usual, it left me wanting more. Everything looks more and more polished every time we see more of it. I can't imagine that there will be that much of a wait left, especially as noted, with the fact that its been rated by the ESRB. I have to guess that a demo would be in either late April or early May.

FFChris

What... is this?

Are they ever going to show more of the game than that one area? We must have seen that 20 odd times now.

clashfan

CowboyAstronaut said:
Wow I'm a complete idiot. I thought they actually found something that supports SK's re-imagining of the Norse Mythology.

Maybe they did. I think the documentary is real.

Sydle

The streaming was pretty awful from your site which is a pity considering I favor Gamersyde high above ign.

clashfan

That documentary proves my hypothesis that alot of lost human history is locked up in the polar ice caps. What will they find next?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
clashfan said:
That documentary proves my hypothesis that alot of lost human history is locked up in the polar ice caps. What will they find next?

It's fake man. Jesus I hope you're joking and not that fucking stupid.

Finally saw this. Big kudos for the first game related footage ever released in pure 2.35:1.

;D

But yeah, can't wait to see more. Great design work on making all the title cards and book covers look authentic. I wonder if this is part of MS' marketing or SK's moxy.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
This viral marketing is pretty sick. It shows the degree of confidence MS has in the game. I want to see the goddamn robo-gobling now.

godhandiscen said:
This viral marketing is pretty sick. It shows the degree of confidence MS has in the game. I want to see the goddamn robo-gobling now.

I hope it's all leading the proper ad campaign featuring the Goblin reveal.

Ark-AMN

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
Finally saw this. Big kudos for the first game related footage ever released in pure 2.35:1.

;D

But yeah, can't wait to see more. Great design work on making all the title cards and book covers look authentic. I wonder if this is part of MS' marketing or SK's moxy.
MS, being the publisher, probably is 100% responsible for the funding and setting up of marketing and advertising for Too Human. I'd imagine though that SK would have a say in the ideas behind the strategy though.

Hannar

Really one of the more excellent things I've seen in marketing recently. This could work very well. Trying to introduce the idea of a cyclical history and some of the things behind Too Human isn't exactly easy, so I'm hoping the final two chapters really come together nicely.

Tieno

Watched the diary and that doc had me fooled in so far that I believed they were serious, not that I believed what they were saying. Pretty cool.

Draft

Haha, that's actually pretty good viral. Didn't Sony do something similar for SOTC? Monster in the ice discovered, IIRC.

Top Bottom