• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT9| This thread is made of LOVE and PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
YYH is an above average manga. No more, no less.

The anime however is divine. The uncensored dub is amazing.

EDIT: It's almost too hard to make a top ten list of games this year. Hell it would be hard to do a top ten 3DS game list this year for me, let alone all the Wii U and PS3 Vita games that came out.

bigkrev

There are a ton of games that came out this year, that I BOUGHT, that I haven't really played.

Tomb Raider (bought the day it came out)
Beyond (bought the day it came out)
The Last of Us (bought the day it came out)
Grand Theft Auto 5 (bought the day it came out)
Tearaway (bought the day it came out)
Zelda: Link Between Worlds (bought the day it came out)
Batman Arkham Origins
Batman Blackgate Vita
Battlefield 4 (to upgrade on eventual PS4)
COD Ghosts
Corpse Party Book of Shadows
Guacamele
Far Cry Blood Dragon
Kingdom Hearts HD Remix
Shadowrun Returns

Plus, I still need to play RE6 from last year (bought that the day it came out)

Also, 100% bullshit that the game I sunk hundreds of hours into, Hearthstone, isn't eligible, even though its basically a complete game at this point.

Seda

Well, it's the end of the year, so its time for GOTY lists. I was hopeful that most people here would fill out a list in the big thread, but actually, there were not many of us that did it. Below is a list of everyone in the thread who has at least 2 posts top 10 lists.

Levyne's List
Seda's List
bigkrev's list
Mik317's List
ezekial45's List
Slamtastic's List

Please play Divekick before finalizing your lists.

I played some Papers Please after I made that and it should be in my list, it's a neat and unique game.

Levyne

Banned
There are a ton of games that came out this year, that I BOUGHT, that I haven't really played.

Tomb Raider (bought the day it came out)
Beyond (bought the day it came out)
The Last of Us (bought the day it came out)
Grand Theft Auto 5 (bought the day it came out)
Tearaway (bought the day it came out)
Zelda: Link Between Worlds (bought the day it came out)

And what have we learned

:p

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The games I bought and barely touched this year list is gigantic. It all started with Fire Emblem: Awakening taking over my life for two extra months that I didn't plan.

RE:R, MH3U (until three weeks ago) Pikmin 3 for Wii U.

RF 4, EO Untold Story, Soul Hackers,Project X Zone, Pokémon Y (though this barely counts as I'm still playing X) Mario and Luigi Dream Team, Luigi's Mansion 2 and probably another 3 or 4 games I'm forgetting on 3DS.

KH 1.5, Dragon's Crown and a ton of Vita games for the non Nintendo systems.

Fire Emblem just wouldn't quit. By then I had EO IV and Luigi's Mansion in the pipeline, by the time those were done Animal Crossing (and FF V Fiesta season) ruled the early summer, with SMT IV, NSLU and WW HD at the end of it. October and November were super ball busters for my wallet. I think I bought over twenty games those two months.

Sad thing is I had nearly beaten away my 2012 backlog before this year happened.

bigkrev

And what have we learned

:p

Nothing.

Forgot to add Phoenix Wright and Hakuoki to the list of games bought day 1 and never touched, although Hakuoki is more of a "I support the localization of Otome games" than me actually wanting to play it.

And Dragon Crown! Don't think I've ever booted that file on the Vita, it almost got deleted for space last night
And a billion games from PS+ i'll never play.

I only really like the first season of YYH; and I especially do not care for the Sensui fight or the Three Kings arc,

tumblr_m693buFqDp1rr4575o1_500.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah if I hadn't given up on PS+ because I won't pay to play online I'd be adding another 20 Vita and PS3 games.

You should P-L-A-Y AA5 though.

EDIT: I also don't like the stuff after the Dark Tournament. The beginning of the Chapter Black is good, the ending is so awful though. "Ooooh I'm dark and mysterious and all powerful and have multiple personalities. I also don't like that some humans abuse demons even though all demons hurt torture and usually eat humans."

bigkrev

I only really like the first season of YYH; and I especially do not care for the Sensui fight or the Three Kings arc,
Kings arc is shite, but your crazy for not liking Sensui, even if it ended poorly

I bought the second half of the series on Bluray on Black Friday. I should rewatch it soon.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Nah there are tons of us. I wouldn't say we're a particularly large minority as Sensui was designed to resonate with a large portion of the viewing audience.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

LOLDSFAN

Well, it's the end of the year, so its time for GOTY lists. I was hopeful that most people here would fill out a list in the big thread, but actually, there were not many of us that did it. Below is a list of everyone in the thread who has at least 2 posts top 10 lists.

Levyne's List
Seda's List
bigkrev's list
Mik317's List
ezekial45's List
Slamtastic's List

Please play Divekick before finalizing your lists.

Lol sorry. I don't play a big enough pool of new games during the year to justify making one. Also I'm really bad at articulating my thoughts.

Also I just finished BioShock Infinite. Like literally an hour ago. I got it during the sale. That's probably like my 3rd or 4th 2013 game I've played/beaten this year.

kayos90

I wish I could make an anti-game of the year post. Cuz I really feel like writing why I did not enjoy Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us.

kayos90

I did a top 5 instead. And I didn't write so much because I felt that a somewhat broad idea summary is more suited given the situation/context.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom