• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT9| This thread is made of LOVE and PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.
That does make a lot of sense. Maybe Boobies will be like the Big Shot of Dandy in that they'll only show it a few times in the series.

That's what I'm hoping

Again I don't know if Dandy will be a good or bad anime or if the dub/sub will be better, this is just the impression I get from skimming the preview and watching all the promotional material and trailers for the series.

I'm trying to be optimistic because nothing I've seen has given me a reason to expect it to be bad.

Moaradin

I think it's far too early to judge based off a 10 minute preview of the first episode...

And I hope people don't go in expecting Cowboy Bebop. It's an action comedy space adventure.

Cwarrior

I don't know I expected a comedy show to be you know fun/funny not offensively unfunny and boring.

We don't know how the show is yet, but one things for certain the 10mins pre-air special was crap.

I don't know I expected a comedy show to be you know fun/funny not offensively unfunny and boring.

We don't know how the show is yet, but one things for certain the 10mins pre-air special was crap.

Did you watch a subbed version or do you know Japanese? Did you watch a pre-air special or the actual first 10 minutes of the first episode preview that was posted yesterday?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Probably won't watch as many episodes considering how tired I am, but starting a re-watch/LTTP on the Skypiea arc for One Piece.

...& already, I'm having a "Oooooh, right, THAT happened" moment when the
sky knight guy (& that funny bird transforming into pegasus
appeared. Gonna play it safe since while it's an earlier arc, it hasn't aired in many years & some people might not have seen it.

& I've noticed Chopper & Usopp tends to be the more fun-loving members, since they seems to just go along with whatever silly thing Luffy might be doing. I like that.

Cwarrior

Did you watch a subbed version or do you know Japanese? Did you watch a pre-air special or the actual first 10 minutes of the first episode preview that was posted yesterday?

10 minutes pre-air special Subbed English, knowing japanese wouldn't make any difference when the problem wasn't getting jokes but that the jokes where really basic over used unfunny boob vs ass jokes that's in pretty much everything anime manga echii/fanservice genre.

You can go watch it yourself, you'll quickly understand what am talking about.

Not sure anyways what was posted yesterday can you link it so i can tell you if it's the same thing.

10 minutes pre-air special Subbed English, knowing japanese wouldn't make any difference when problem wasn't getting jokes but that the jokes where really basic over used unfunny boob vs ass jokes that's in pretty much everything anime manga echii/fanservice genre.

You can go watch it yourself, you'll quickly understand what am talking about.

Not sure anyways what was posted yesterday can you link it so i can tell you if it's the same thing.

http://io9.com/watch-a-10-minute-preview-of-the-new-anime-space-dandy-1490793276

yeah that was the crap I watched, you don't realize how boring dialogue jokes are until you know what there saying.

Fair enough, though I've seen subs/dubs make jokes better or worse so even if it doesn't work in the subs it may work in the dub. See (ironically) GXP where people who watched the sub liked it a lot more then people who watched the dub from what I read in anime gaf.

MikeMyers

Did there really need to be a 5-min flashback of what Kiba & Akamaru did together in previous episodes?

Yes; Kiba is awesome.

I probably would have had
Neji
and
Choji
die in this arc; seemed fitting.

But those are amazing fights, lazybones.

Kiba's fight is best fight.

They could show a lot of Inuyasha if they started at 11am.

uiIZVqi.gif

I don't get it...

Then we'd get to the Final Act in no time!

BRING FINAL ACT TO TOONAMI!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Kiba is the only one who legit gets his ass kicked out of the original four.

Chouji wins clean. Neji wins clean but almost dies. Shikamaru needs a little help. Kiba is straight fucked without his last minute run in stealing the spotlight.

Kiba is the only one who legit gets his ass kicked out of the original four.

Chouji wins clean. Neji wins clean but almost dies. Shikamaru needs a little help. Kiba is straight fucked without his last minute run in stealing the spotlight.

He still does better then
Rock Lee

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Well yeah, but that guy is just plain better than anyone else.

He basically beats
Rock Lee
and
Gaara
combined.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Late Naruto spoilers.
He was fresh out of surgery, Bass! You can't blame him for that. Though Kimimaro was literally dying throughout all that so Lee has no excuse.

The one who REALLY doesn't have an excuse is
Gaara
! Fresh as a daisy, still nearly gets killed.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Don't remember who said it, but whoever said that One Piece likes to establish its locations when Water 7 was first revealed wasn't kidding. They're really taking their time showing off the Sky Islands and what it's like to live there & such.

If Shino had joined them; the retrieval arc would have lasted like 2 episodes.
I feel like maybe the reason Kishimoto leaves Shino out of stuff is because it's hard to come up with cool fights for him. I mean, the two we saw both involved Shino sneaking bugs onto his opponents. I feel like there's no much there to work with.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Don't remember who said it, but whoever said that One Piece likes to establish its locations when Water 7 was first revealed wasn't kidding. They're really taking their time showing off the Sky Islands and what it's like to live there & such.

Oda loves that world building.
Of course, he only does that on civilized areas. They do run into some sketchy places.

I feel like maybe the reason Kishimoto leaves Shino out of stuff is because it's hard to come up with cool fights for him. I mean, the two we saw both involved Shino sneaking bugs onto his opponents. I feel like there's no much there to work with.

Considering how half the fights played out in Shippuden I'd have been okay with Shino having more fights with him using different or bigger/better bugs

bigkrev

Oh man, I hope NFL playoffs don't run into Space Dandy next Saturday.

With the way commercials will be in the Playoffs, I would be shocked if it didn't, actually. So I guess I will be missing Space Dandy episode 1 unless my Eagles get blown out or something.

Sasuke finally out of that damn coffin...and he's gone mad with power

Thank you Based Lee for saving Naruto's hide

edit: Go home, Lee. You're drunk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom