• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT9| This thread is made of LOVE and PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

i've had the Girl Who Lept Through Time blu-ray on my shelf for like a year and still haven't watched it, lol

Get on that, man! I really wish that film wasn't OOP in the US. I would totally buy it if it wasn't. It's truly a great film, and filled with the same kind of touching ideas, characters and themes you've come to love from Hosoda's other work. Great unconventional take on time travel as well.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I actually thought we were gonna end on SAO and see the responses after something like summer wars lol

Moaradin

Get on that, man! I really wish that film wasn't OOP in the US. I would totally buy it if it wasn't. It's truly a great film, and filled with the same kind of touching ideas, characters and themes you've come to love from Hosoda's other work. Great unconventional take on time travel as well.

How is the English dub? Both Wolf Children and Summer Wars had really good dubs.

yami4ct

I don't know if my opinion is a popular one or not but having watched both moves I think Summer Wars shits on Wolf Children from a great height.

I'll preface this by saying I love both films and don't take this as any sort of slight against Summer Wars at all.

I just feel like there's a complexity and depth to Wolf Children that Summer Wars doesn't have. Summer Wars is really nicely done for what it is and has way better characterization than you'd expect from your typical action flick, but I just got more out of Wolf Children.

Both are amazing, though.

yami4ct

How is the English dub? Both Wolf Children and Summer Wars had really good dubs.

I have zero clue. It was done by Bandai Entertainment IIRC and that's why it's not in print any longer. Someone needs to re-licence it since they went under. The dubs Bandai was doing around the time were pretty decent, so I suspect it's probably good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom