• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Jacobs & Co.? How 'bout Mickey D's? On a serious note, for a bar, The Ballroom by Queen and John (Osgoode station) has $4 domestic pints and margaritas from 5-10 on Thursdays and Fridays. They also have bowling and ping pong. Oh, and last time I was there which was just a few weeks ago they had a 360 + Kinect set up!

edit: We should create an IRC channel or some chat channel where we could all talk about this.
There is one, but no one is in it. lol

Stet

Banned
Jacobs & Co.? How 'bout Mickey D's? On a serious note, for a bar, The Ballroom by Queen and John (Osgoode station) has $4 domestic pints and margaritas from 5-10 on Thursdays and Fridays. They also have bowling and ping pong. Oh, and last time I was there which was just a few weeks ago they had a 360 + Kinect set up!

edit: We should create an IRC channel or some chat channel where we could all talk about this.

Every time I've been to The Ballroom and wanted to bowl, I've ended up waiting for 3 hours and leaving without getting a lane.

IRC, by the way, EvilMario set up ages ago and then ABANDONED: irc.gamecubecafe.com #toronto-age

whitehawk

Banned
Every time I've been to The Ballroom and wanted to bowl, I've ended up waiting for 3 hours and leaving without getting a lane.
I have a coupon for a free hour of bowling though!

Bowling isn't necessary really. Cheap drinks, ping pong and kinect aren't a bad combination. The upstairs area is very large, and if we make reservations we can reserve a nice long table for everyone.

Plus it's right downtown so we could always bar hop after that.

Stet

Banned
I have a coupon for a free hour of bowling though!

Bowling isn't necessary really. Cheap drinks, ping pong and kinect aren't a bad combination. The upstairs area is very large, and if we make reservations we can reserve a nice long table for everyone.

Plus it's right downtown so we could always bar hop after that.

It's also a block from where I work, so it could be a flooded hole in the ground and I'd vote for it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Bag milk is good. Makes less waste, easier to squeeze into the fridge. Long live bagged milk.

IRC, by the way, EvilMario set up ages ago and then ABANDONED: irc.gamecubecafe.com #toronto-age

Haha, sorry. Channel was so dead, but I do join occasionally when I log on to Dorksnet. You guys should feel free to join and chat. ;)

cbox

I was raised on both bagged/jugged milk - I prefer the taste of bagged cause the bags stay fresher longer due to less voliume. Don't like the waste though, wish it came in reusable glass again.

Roto13

jug milk is better, because finding something to cut open those bags is annoying.

I have these neat little things I keep in a drawer in the kitchen. They're like these two blades with a hinge in the middle so they slide next to each other and cut anything that you put in the middle of them.

I think they're called "hinge blade cutters"

whitehawk

Banned
jug milk is better, because finding something to cut open those bags is annoying.
Stick one of these on your fridge and you'll never have to worry about it.

G6ZVe.jpg

lol the guy that got shot by police in the west end happened right around my house and I didn't realize until tonight when i saw it on t.v , dunno how I missed it

ElNino

Stick one of these on your fridge and you'll never have to worry about it.

G6ZVe.jpg
This is what I have. Also, my milk holder has a slot on it for clip to fit in so it is on my milk container all the time. I'm not sure exactly where my wife found it, but most likely at either the grocery or Dollar store.

Stet

Banned
I'd buy more bagged milk but they don't seem to bag 5% and that's all I milk. Milk fat is pretty milk the best fat. Milk milk, milk milking milk.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So if we have this toronto-gaf meetup I'll be sure to inquire to the Leafs-GAF contingent to see if any of them want to come as well.

Might be nice to have us all bitch about Ron Wilson in person.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
So I've almost gotten my Diploma, and more importantly, I've finally gotten to the point where I am starting to get comfortable with my programming skillz, specifically C#/ASP and the .NET framework in general.

I want to start looking for a job, something decent than the part time Best Buy work I'm currently doing, and I want to start looking before I get my Diploma. Can anyone give me advice on how to land a job in the field in Toronto? I understand it's competitive, so I don't want to be lax about this at all.

So far my plan is build a portfolio - a web based on specifically where the website itself will contribute to my portfolio =p. I already have a couple of friends who have asked me to work on web sites for them, and I figure I'll do it pro bono and just use those for my portfolio. I want to have a diverse amount of items available on my portfolio, but I don't want to get too ambitious. I also want something to really 'set me apart from the pack' as it were, and was thinking about having a link to a youtube video on the home page, which would be a 1minute long professionally done talking head.

These are mostly ideas rumbling around in my head, nothing set in stone - but I realize I need to get started sooner rather than later. This is half a "Sup Toronto Gaf, this is what's going on in my life" post, and the other half a "Uhm... advice would be awesome" post.

I think it's very intelligent to be known as the person who got paid almost half a million dollars for having the right idea.

What kind of people do you want working for the city?

a) People who want to do a good job and improve the city.
b) People really don't care about getting fired because they can get a nice chunk of cash.
c) Toadies.

Because "a" is off the table now.

What kind of people do you want working for the city?

a) People who want to do a good job and improve the city.
b) People really don't care about getting fired because they can get a nice chunk of cash.
c) Toadies.

Because "a" is off the table now.

It doesn't really matter what I want at this point with the way things are going. Having people come and go just to collect a payout would just be par for the course.

Top Bottom