• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

John Blade

Trying Winterlicious at Matahari Bar & Grill and for now, the food is okay. Might try one more restaurant before its over. Will post pic later on.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I can make Saturday but need to bow out early. Maybe we can do a pre meetup Mon Hun to finish getting Kuro his Scrub Knight armour.
MOAR LIK SKILLZ RMOUR!

I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk about the Ghomeshi case on GAF. Hasn't gone at all how I expected. I think he'll actually be acquitted, which I never would have guessed before the trial.
That defense lawyer is pretty vicious as she should be. I haven't followed it much since I never really cared for Ghomeshi.

Dr.Acula

Banned
The /r/toronto subreddit is the worst place on Earth. I was reading the Jian trial thread and everyone is "those women are liars!" "they liked it!" "they just regretted it the next day!" "they're out for publicity!"

:smh

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Went to Kaka for new years

This is what diabeetus looks like :
z9cMQzP.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
With Kraft banned I am free to be me!

No more fears of being shanked from behind!

I miss him already. :(

cocopuffs

Banned
The /r/toronto subreddit is the worst place on Earth. I was reading the Jian trial thread and everyone is "those women are liars!" "they liked it!" "they just regretted it the next day!" "they're out for publicity!"

It's one of the worst subreddits on Reddit lol.

And I haven't been paying much attention the case but if the morning papers I've been reading are correct, Jian's defence lawyer seems to be doing a pretty damn effective job of tearing down some of the witness testimony, pretty harsh with her cross-examinations. At least that's how the case comes across in all the newspaper articles I've read.

Sober

I feel like I should be surprised but also I'm not surprised, we are talking about redditors after all.

John Blade

The struggle

Jessus....just go to those Chinese grocery shop for a cheaper price. I see 2 for $2.70 in one Chinese shop I go to buy food there. I guess it's cheaper if you go to Chinatown to buy your food but I guess it isn't as clean to go there.

dluu13

Jessus....just go to those Chinese grocery shop for a cheaper price. I see 2 for $2.70 in one Chinese shop I go to buy food there. I guess it's cheaper if you go to Chinatown to buy your food but I guess it isn't as clean to go there.

Lucky Moose is not bad. Their meat section has a funky smell although I still buy from there. Hua Sheng smells like that through their entire store.
I do pretty much all my food shopping at Lucky Moose because I live so close to it.

I wish I lived closer to a Loblaws though.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Buying out of season vegetables that's imported with a weak canadian dollar means purchasing them at the grocery store is expensive?! Colour me shocked.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure I saw these at No Frills for 99¢ just the other day.

They're $2+ at my No Frills. Tomatoes are $2.99. Green onions are something like $1.50, when they were 2 for $.99.

It sucks because I've been actively eating very healthy but the price of fresh fruit and vegetables have skyrocketed.

John Blade

Just wondering, do anyone try Konnichiwa Japanese Restaurant as I pass by it but it was close right now. Kinda want to test them out but have no clue except for yelp review which is more on the positive.

At least Cauliflower has come back down to earth. saw it for $1.99 at a few places recently.

Yeah I work part-time at a grocery store and the 'sale' price last week or 2 weeks ago was like $3.99. Now that it's $1.99 people are eating that shit up

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Just wondering, do anyone try Konnichiwa Japanese Restaurant as I pass by it but it was close right now. Kinda want to test them out but have no clue except for yelp review which is more on the positive.
It gets a thumbs up from me. I had the Japanese curry there when I went.

Quadratic

I used to frequently eat there when I worked in the area. After switching owners a few years ago I don't find them as good now. Even though the latest reviews on yelp are positive. Maybe I was used to their old cook. What were you planning on trying? If it's ramen you have better options on Baldwin. Kinton is down the street and Sansotei is not far away on Dundas.

John Blade

I used to frequently eat there when I worked in the area. After switching owners a few years ago I don't find them as good now. Even though the latest reviews on yelp are positive. Maybe I was used to their old cook. What were you planning on trying? If it's ramen you have better options on Baldwin. Kinton is down the street and Sansotei is not far away on Dundas.

Ramen maybe but just want to try out Japanese food that isn't only in sushi as I want to try different food in the area.

dluu13

I have had mixed reviews from friends. One I'm not as close to recommends that I go, but the guy I hang out with more says no every time we pass by. I'll probably go by myself some day since I live pretty much a 2 minute walk away.

ND sushi and grill has some food other than sushi. I've only been there a couple of times and I feel it's a bit on the pricey side, but their grilled salmon was pretty good.
Their sashimi was also better than anything else I've had close by.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yo I know some of y'all are playing XCOM2 so come submit a soldier to GAF-COM why don't ya
I made a sober. He got panicked and got flanked. GODDAMN IT, SOBER!

I've actually been having audio issues during the cutscenes and it's really bumming me out. The rest of the RNG part of the game is hit or miss. There are aspects of it I really really like, but there are so many other things that just drive me up the wall.

Edit: also, happy lunar new year to you generic Asians. My goddamn stomach...so full....

Top Bottom