• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

sensui-tomo

got to phase 5 on the online and finished story mode(well got to chapter 6)
now looking at either playing katana,guantlets(wish i could know what i can exactly defend) or spear and switching from dual daggers.(they dont seem all that well in the scheme of things.

Ridley327

Sorry about not being right in there with Frostwing at the end there. I had a breaker ready to go if he started eating rocks again to regrow his wings, so I was being cautious.

Shengar

Can we do this Phase 7 quest for the Niijima Yae mitama? Need to kill the Terragrinder, not the Razortalons.

What do you need her for? She isn't that special so far beside greed, and bolster for all SPT skills (level 9). What's your current mitama set up?

ramyeon

What do you need her for? She isn't that special so far beside greed, and bolster for all SPT skills (level 9). What's your current mitama set up?
Those are the skills I want :p Didn't get her anyway, got Sakamoto Otome :/ I'm using Chacha, Abe no Seimei and Izumo no Okuni.

That Terragrinder was crazy laggy for me. Kept getting one shotted when he was on the other side of the screen.

Ridley327

Those are the skills I want :p Didn't get her anyway, got Sakamoto Otome :/

That Terragrinder was crazy laggy for me. Kept getting one shotted when he was on the other side of the screen.

I was wondering about that. You weren't playing bad at all, so I was wondering just why you kept dying like that.

Scher

Those are the skills I want :p Didn't get her anyway, got Sakamoto Otome :/

What you want should be on mission 7-2, I think.

Edit: At least, when I looked it up, that's what it said.

ramyeon

What you want should be on mission 7-2, I think.
Yeah that was the one we just did oddly enough :/ mind doing it again?
I was wondering about that. You weren't playing bad at all, so I was wondering just why you kept dying like that.
Yeah I have no idea why, he kept freezing up and then suddenly moving all the way across the screen with me falling down dead in his path :p

I don't mind doing it again. I already have Niijima Yae from preordering from Gamestop, but I'm fine with just killing shit with you guys. Happy to be in phase 7.

ramyeon

Huh, that's odd, since it also said Sakamoto should have been 7-4.

Edit: Got Saito Hajime that time.
Ended up getting her from a Gold Razrotalon that time haha. Good stuff.

I really need new armour. That Terragrinder hit me like a truck. All of his best moves were 1 hit KO pretty much, unless I was completely at full health.

Been killing Cimmerian King like 4-5 times..and I still haven't gotten any mitama from it (except the first time I killed him). Saito Dosan is sooo damn far off! He's last on the list!

ramyeon

Got the not all players ready glitch, probably the game telling me to take a break :/

That was definitely the longest uninterrupted MP I've had in this game though.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I actually have DMZ my vita but it still shows Nat 3 type connection. Then I use thetering from my phone which is Nat 2, but I can't DMZ my vita and the problem seems worse somehow. Yeah, lose-lose situatiom for me unless android can DMZ other device.

You need a new router and possibly modem. Either that or you need somebody that knows what they are doing to configure your network.

No reason to have a NAT 3 these days.
Even using DMZ is a workaround for an improperly setup wireless network. Every device is a 2 on mine since I researched and fixed my network. I don't need to DMZ anything.

Shengar

Been killing Cimmerian King like 4-5 times..and I still haven't gotten any mitama from it (except the first time I killed him). Saito Dosan is sooo damn far off! He's last on the list!
Meanwhile Saito Dosan appeared on my game the second time I beat the king. What kind of skills he have?

ramyeon

Okay. Let me know when you're ready to go again. I'll watch anime and do lame fetch quests for a bit.
Will do, probably need a pretty decent break though that was a long session haha. Man I can't believe I still have hardly any mats to make new armours with. Only one I could make was the Gale Armour, although I could also upgrade a couple of my swords as well.

Will do, probably need a pretty decent break though that was a long session haha. Man I can't believe I still have hardly any mats to make new armours with. Only one I could make was the Gale Armour, although I could also upgrade a couple of my swords as well.

It might bite me in the ass later, but since I can absorb 32 attacks (2 every 15 seconds, and 64 total if there's a shrine on the boss screen) and I rarely get hit that many times in a boss fight, I've been 100% focused on making only new weapons. I'm disliking these weapons where fortifying them only increases precision, which is something gauntlets don't need.

Shengar

You need a new router and possibly modem. Either that or you need somebody that knows what they are doing to configure your network.

No reason to have a NAT 3 these days.
Even using DMZ is a workaround for an improperly setup wireless network. Every device is a 2 on mine since I researched and fixed my network. I don't need to DMZ anything.
No reason unless you live on third world country D:
This ISP I have right now is the best one I can get In all term except the network. I'll try fixing it and turned it to Nat 2 now.

ramyeon

It might bite me in the ass later, but since I can absorb 32 attacks (2 every 15 seconds, and 64 total if there's a shrine on the boss screen) and I rarely get hit that many times in a boss fight, I've been 100% focused on making only new weapons. I'm disliking these weapons where fortifying them only increases precision, which is something gauntlets don't need.
Damn that sounds pretty good. I need the defence although depending on the Oni it isn't too bad to use even the older armour. Money comes and goes so quickly when you're creating armour and upgrading weapons though. Just blew through about 100k in a couple of minutes.

Damn that sounds pretty good. I need the defence although depending on the Oni it isn't too bad to use even the older armour. Money comes and goes so quickly when you're creating armour and upgrading weapons though. Just blew through about 100k in a couple of minutes.

Yeah I blew through 80k crafting weapons that time I left the room for a couple minutes ;_;.

Edit: Make that 129k. Didn't notice I could make the Frostwing gauntlets. Holy fuck, that raw damage.

ramyeon

Yeah I blew through 80k crafting weapons that time I left the room for a couple minutes ;_;.

Edit: Make that 129k. Didn't notice I could make the Frostwing gauntlets. Holy fuck, that raw damage.
Yeah I made the Frostwing Sword, good to finally have a Water element Sword with some good properties. I find that when I'm matching my weapon element to an Oni's weakness recently I have to go to much older weapons that have a lot less raw damage and/or precision. Really need to focus on upgrading some of them.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
No reason unless you live on third world country D:
This ISP I have right now is the best one I can get In all term except the network. I'll try fixing it and turned it to Nat 2 now.

NAT has nothing to do with ISP. Its your hardware configuration.

Yeah I made the Frostwing Sword, good to finally have a Water element Sword with some good properties. I find that when I'm matching my weapon element to an Oni's weakness recently I have to go to much older weapons that have a lot less raw damage and/or precision. Really need to focus on upgrading some of them.

I don't know whether or not what I'm doing is right, but I'm going by the Monster Hunter practice of prioritizing raw damage over element on slow weapons. I match elemental weakness only if I have that element weapon with raw damage within 50-ish of my highest raw damage weapon. Up til now, that was the Nightblade gauntlets with 724 at +9, but now I have the Frostwing gauntlets with 748 raw at +0. Also have a decent wind element now with the Venom Queen gauntlets at 728 raw at +0.

ramyeon

If there are enough people on Phase 7 I can open up another room, might as well make some progression since I have the day off.

Seil

I don't know whether or not what I'm doing is right, but I'm going by the Monster Hunter practice of prioritizing raw damage over element on slow weapons. I match elemental weakness only if I have that element weapon with raw damage within 50-ish of my highest raw damage weapon. Up til now, that was the Nightblade gauntlets with 724 at +9, but now I have the Frostwing gauntlets with 748 raw at +0. Also have a decent wind element now with the Venom Queen gauntlets at 728 raw at +0.

As a bow + spirit user, lots of Knowledge boosts make elements appealing. Currently at the end of chapter 5 and primarily using a sky bow(though it's not taking advantages of weaknesses, it has decent base damage, good element and is neutral to most things at least. Also has some precision, but meh.) I use a Chthonian Bow against skyshredder since it's my next best option and has much higher base damage at least.

It'd be nice if there were more horizontal options, though. Rather than "Highest base power weapon is a fire bow with almost no elemental damage. It's also unfortunately your best fire weapon, so hey, if you want fire.... sucks to be you." but comes with the territory I suppose. Prioritizing base damage is likely the best option in most cases from what I've seen, though.

I'll start a new room in a bit. Need to make a new armor first. Anyone know where to get photoreceptors?

If you only have 2 people in your room, Ramyeon and I are the only ones in our group. We're all in phase 7. Let's try to consolidate ourselves, shall we?

Edit: And Photoreceptors are from high rank Earthfangs, I believe. (The regular worm enemies.).

Top Bottom