• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
Lameeeeeeeee sooo unfair to post how much fun you guys are having at higher phases while we just get to read about it from the lower phases.

Gosh, get a room guys...

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Lameeeeeeeee sooo unfair to post how much fun you guys are having at higher phases while we just get to read about it from the lower phases.

Gosh, get a room guys...

Since they are so busy with each other >___________> I don't mind helping fellow GAFers who is in lower phases to speed things up a bit, perhaps. All I want is to play with fellow GAFers :)

I can only play after I return from work though, which is approximately 4-5 hours from now.

Just hit me up with a notice or pm or something. My PSN is LaughingBanana.

Scher

Scher, I dunno what happened to you but it literally died less than 3 seconds after you disconnected.

Yeah, I noticed it was barely alive when my connection got interrupted, so I finished it off pretty quickly.

Edit: Anyways, I guess that's it for me for the night. Thanks a lot for letting me join.

Next up is Pyrogrinder if you guys are still good to go. I really thought finishing those two dual oni missions would unlock the next set, but it didn't, so let's pick these other bosses off.

ramyeon

Next up is Pyrogrinder if you guys are still good to go. I really thought finishing those two dual oni missions would unlock the next set, but it didn't, so let's pick these other bosses off.
Yeah it's kinda unclear what's needed to advance at this point so we may as well do them all.

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
Since they are so busy with each other >___________> I don't mind helping fellow GAFers who is in lower phases to speed things up a bit, perhaps. All I want is to play with fellow GAFers :)

I can only play after I return from work though, which is approximately 4-5 hours from now.

Just hit me up with a notice or pm or something. My PSN is LaughingBanana.

I really would but my internet in my university really stinks. I got into a Cerberus mission online for five minutes, and then got disconnected from the rest of team, leaving me to fight on my own. I lasted another 30 minutes, punch after punch after punch seemingly making no effect x.x

Anyway, I'm going to bed now, and only good connection is expected when I get home for spring break. Ill add you and if anyone else wants ta add me my PSN is El_Pistolerio

Kensuke

Can you guys see what phase I am right now? You guys are 7-5. Maybe we can't do the next set because I may be lower (didn't do that single bird mission).

Scheeeeer, you coming?

Can you guys see what phase I am right now? You guys are 7-5. Maybe we can't do the next set because I may be lower (didn't do that single bird mission).

OHHH, you're probably right. You're showing up as 7-3 for me. Let's redo single Astrap.

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
we need some SP discussions :/

Heres something: I think I've put about 85 hours into SP now... I feel the need of fortying all my pieces of armor to the max, (except for the ones that can get upgrades) and moving onto the next ones after i'm done. Trying to do the same with gauntlets but almost all of them have upgrades. On Chapter 6, trying to do the quests mostly. Anyway, how are you on SP so far?

I had edited my post right after yours and said I'm going to go ahead and stop now. Sorry about that if you didn't see it.

Whoops. Alrighty. Good hunts. Hopefully we'll catch up to you.

Well, I'll go ahead and say right now that I'll probably be MIA for a few days since I've got Lords of Shadow 2 coming out tomorrow.

Edit: Not all players ready error. Himiko, host please?

wilflare

Heres something: I think I've put about 85 hours into SP now... I feel the need of fortying all my pieces of armor to the max, (except for the ones that can get upgrades) and moving onto the next ones after i'm done. Trying to do the same with gauntlets but almost all of them have upgrades. On Chapter 6, trying to do the quests mostly. Anyway, how are you on SP so far?

still on Chapter 4 :/
very slow
do we have enough space to own every piece of armor? or should we actually sell
i'm at 500 inventory

ramyeon

very slow
i'm at 500 inventory
Equipment chest is separate to the materials chest, it can also be upgraded so don't worry. More than enough space.

Opened a lobby guys.

Scher

very slow
i'm at 500 inventory

You should be able to fit everything if you do all the quests to expand the boxes. I've already capped out my boxes and there's 500 slots for armor and 700 slots for materials. Keep in mind, though, you will have to go through a good chunk of high rank in order to max them. The final materials chest upgrade requires an item from Sableblade.

Had to quit since we ended up in the mission without you, I'll rehost.

It seems pretty consistent for me that if I get the "Not all players ready" glitch as the host, on the next mission I try to go on when someone else hosts, it lets me leave without the rest of the party. I think I'm gonna start doing full resets when I get the not all players ready glitch.

wilflare

You should be able to fit everything if you do all the quests to expand the boxes. I've already capped out my boxes and there's 500 slots for armor and 700 slots for materials. Keep in mind, though, you will have to go through a good chunk of high rank in order to max them. The final materials chest upgrade requires an item from Sableblade.

hmm trying to max the Prayer Shrine inside the mission HQ too.. no matter how much Haku I give.. nothing changes

It actually didn't send us into the mission so we're still in the room. Kensuke's the host now. Let's try just going like this once you get in.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It is so bloody hilarious that the Tycoon achievement popped out when I only have around 3.000 haku in the bank.

Oh ha ha ha game so very funny.

Good point. Alright well let's get it together. This Hell's Sentinel is going to be my last one. I have class in the morning in 7 hours and I want to get a little sleep, haha.

Edit: I have a room up.

I got disconnected from you two somehow, so I'm stuck duoing a 4x health oni with just Nagi.

Good thing turtle bro is easy. I'm probably gonna kill it before I manage all parts though u_u.

Edit: -________- Yep, I killed it with one part left to break (the final piece at the very top middle of the shell). Goddamnit.

HOLY CRAP. I finally got some paralysis gauntlets. 721 raw damage, 241 paralysis rating. I tested them on chapter 1 Manhunter solo and I paralyzed it twice in the 3 minutes it took me to kill it. I assume later chapter/phase bosses will have more paralysis resistance, but they'll also have more health, so these are definitely going to be fantastic for team play.

Seil

Just fought the Cimmerian King for the first time. A little disappointed in it =/ was a pretty easy fight, especially right after Nightblade. Though I don't find Nightblade hard so much as frustrating(particularly with AI that doesn't understand the concept of purifying. Same thing makes Chthonian obnoxious.)

Edit: SERIOUSLY?! Three sky weapon sets in a row? At least the last two compete(higher raw damage vs higher elemental damage - though the base damage difference is minor while elemental is huge). At least I got the parts for the new bow from the first fight x.x

as a sword user, it's almost impossible to cut off all the parts of a boss... right?

I haven't used sword since the demo, but I'm going to go with yes, you're correct.

The gauntlet's special attack has infinite vertical range so it can hit any part, but as far as I know the sword is just screwed on parts that are out of reach even when the oni is down.

Like I said though, haven't used sword since the demo. Ramyeon would know better than me since he's actually a sword main.

wilflare

I haven't used sword since the demo, but I'm going to go with yes, you're correct.

The gauntlet's special attack has infinite vertical range so it can hit any part, but as far as I know the sword is just screwed on parts that are out of reach even when the oni is down.

Like I said though, haven't used sword since the demo. Ramyeon would know better than me since he's actually a sword main.

that's pretty annoying :/ thinking of changing weapons... but that would mean underpowered weapons for a good amount of time

ramyeon

that's pretty annoying :/ thinking of changing weapons... but that would mean underpowered weapons for a good amount of time
Why would it? Just make ones from the most recent Oni you've slayed.

That said there are really few instances where a body part is impossible to break with the sword. Cimmerian King's horn comes to mind and Hell's Warden has a few parts on his back in his second phase. I've never found it an issue. In multiplayer it's doesn't matter at all and in solo play I've managed to break all the parts on most Oni, and if you don't well, you don't get one bonus mat but it's not the end of the world.

Seil

Why not just change when you unlock a new set that interests you? Shouldn't cause any downtime since it's the same as upgrading to a shiny new weapon anyway, right? ._.

wilflare

Why would it? Just make ones from the most recent Oni you've slayed.

That said there are really few instances where a body part is impossible to break with the sword. Cimmerian King's horn comes to mind and Hell's Warden has a few parts on his back in his second phase. I've never found it an issue. In multiplayer it's doesn't matter at all and in solo play I've managed to break all the parts on most Oni, and if you don't well, you don't get one bonus mat but it's not the end of the world.

hmm lol. it's just that sense of accomplishment

hmm. bosses like Windshredder and Jollux. it's rather difficult to break of all the parts. especially those parts on the head or back!

ramyeon

hmm. bosses like Windshredder and Jollux. it's rather difficult to break of all the parts. especially those parts on the head or back!
They're super easy. Remember that your special will break stuff in one hit and I've even broken both Jollux's back and head in one hit sometimes, as well as both Windshredder's antlers in his second form if the timing and angle is right. Those are some of the easiest to break all pieces on. The only trouble you should have are the ones where they are literally always out of reach like Cimmerian King's horn.

RalchAC

Well, with the Jollux the problem is the piece on the back. When you break his leg he goes to the ground and you have like 15 seconds to smash the head. When I feel lazy I just make him fall and I use the Square + O attack to destroy the horns ( using Knives) xD

wilflare

They're super easy. Remember that your special will break stuff in one hit and I've even broken both Jollux's back and head in one hit sometimes, as well as both Windshredder's antlers in his second form if the timing and angle is right. Those are some of the easiest to break all pieces on. The only trouble you should have are the ones where they are literally always out of reach like Cimmerian King's horn.

come to think of it. I hardly use my special since it takes some time to charge up :/
I usually use my Circle ability and Square away until the aura becomes red (repeat)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

As a Sword user I imagine you have to wait until its second form to try and break it? Cimmerian's, I mean. How do you break its wing though.......?

AIs are not reliable to break higher parts, and MP connection isn't always reliable. My biggest yeah-no reasons for not using Swords actually, despite how cool looking they are. Perhaps the only alternative is to stack yourself with SPT mitama and launch stuff like Fountain and Pursuit...? But then again, they "target the last part targeted", right......?

Top Bottom