• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
You mean after clearing all chapters and phases? I don't think so, I have those in my list already, although the torso part I see is red not pink. Don't have any White Snakeskins to make it with though, what's the best way of getting those?

Also you can find those festival themed weapons as impure objects I'm pretty sure. Found a Taiko Drum themed Spear awhile back.

I think I have three of the pieces of that armor. I distinctly remember getting the armor after slaying a drumble spirit (the game calls them umbrapod). I forget where it was but for sure it was one of the kind you have to use minds eye to find. So i guess the best way to go about finding one is to keep a minds eye out for them.

Also, I think you're right, about the festival themed weapons. Although they can be crafted (using shadow soul materials), i did get a taiko spear, auspicious manju gauntlets, kendama chain and sickle through impure objects (plus merciless gauntlets and other default weapons)

So by my count, I paralyzed it 4 times. What do you guys think? Should I stick with paralysis or go for max damage?

Edit: To the below post. Completely random from shinies as far as I know. I've found 1 total, and it was a crappy spear.

Scher

As much as I have picked up items off the ground, I still have not ever seen an impure object. Is there anything special about finding? Are there only certain spots you can find them or something?

So by my count, I paralyzed it 4 times. What do you guys think? Should I stick with paralysis or go for max damage?

Whichever you prefer to use. I'm using a defense mitama, so it's not like I'm too concerned about pumping out max damage or anything.

Seil

As much as I have picked up items off the ground, I still have not ever seen an impure object. Is there anything special about finding? Are there only certain spots you can find them or something?

They're only in the invisible spots. And it took me forever to find my first one, too x.x Since then I've found 3 or 4 more, though. Haven't found anything cool yet though =/

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member

Whichever you prefer to use. I'm using a defense mitama, so it's not like I'm too concerned about pumping out max damage or anything.

Yeah by invisible he means using minds eyes. I've actually had no problem finding impure objects. I asked about the earlier, but apparently everyones just as clueless about them as I was. If you have it be your goal to find them, then I suggest just scanning all the areas, both with and without minds eye, and pick everything up. I've picked up two in one mission before, but also zero during another scan, so I suppose luck is involved, not to mention theres no guarantee that you'll pick up a festival themed weapon.

Ogawa-san

I found about ten of them while trying to get the last item I needed to complete Age of Honor. Unlike regular items that tend to spawn in particular areas, impure objects seemed to be completely random and just be in place of something you'd find on the ground, visible or not.

And I don't know if it's bad luck or something, but I'm yet to purify it into any piece of gear over quality 3. I even got two of those joke spears.

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
I found about ten of them while trying to get the last item I needed to complete Age of Honor. Unlike regular items that tend to spawn in particular areas, impure objects seemed to be completely random and just be in place of something you'd find on the ground, visible or not.

And I don't know if it's bad luck or something, but I'm yet to purify it into any piece of gear over quality 3. I even got two of those joke spears.

Based on everyone's experience with impure objects, I have deduced that the only weapons you can get from impure objects are the first 2 default weapons, and any upgrade from which. I don't see why they'd leave a super high ranking weapon lying around.

Edit: Just found an impure object (which turned into a piercer which is 2 upgrades into the default weapon) in area 2 of the age of chaos using minds eye. It is to the left when you enter the area. This is during a chapter 7 mission slay 5 razortalons.

ramyeon

God dammit Hell's Sentinel has so many attacks that OHKO me in his second form.

Next up is Terragrinder and Pyrogrinder if you managed to finish that quest after you dropped, Amethyst.

Scher

The stupid turtle boss drags on so much, especially for a boss that moves as slow as it does. The music is kind of fitting for the fight in that it just sounds like this slow, drawn out battle.

ramyeon

The stupid turtle boss drags on so much, especially for a boss that moves as slow as it does. The music is kind of fitting for the fight in that it just sounds like this slow, drawn out battle.
Yeah I think my problem with him is that I just stop thinking when I fight him, just pretty much find a spot and button mash. Leads to some of his attacks catching me way off guard, especially that spin attack that pretty much kills me if it connects. Pain in the ass.

Sorry. I somehow got disconnected and had to duo the turtle with just Nagi again.

I just finished. Please let me know when the lobby is back up. I apologize if you guys have to redo whatever it is you're on right now

ramyeon

Sorry. I somehow got disconnected and had to duo the turtle with just Nagi again.

I just finished. Please let me know when the lobby is back up. I apologize if you guys have to redo whatever it is you're on right now
Lobby's up, all good we waited after that Hell's Sentinel.

ramyeon

Ugh. I got a phone call mid way and then my Vita battery died without any prior warning at all :/

Why were you guys going for Pyrogrinder though? Probably better to take out Terra first unless you want two of them running around in their rage mode/second form :p

Sorry. I thought it'd be easier if I broke Pyro's back legs. And then after that I figured I'd keep Pyro busy.

I'll focus on Terra when we do it again with you.

Fun mission though. That's the closest I've felt to the crazy adrenaline from Monster Hunter thus far.

Edit: Also, sorry Scher. I forgot there was a skill recharge stone on the battle screen, so I retreated on purpose. Dumb of me.

Scher

Ugh. I got a phone call mid way and then my Vita battery died without any prior warning at all :/

Why were you guys going for Pyrogrinder though? Probably better to take out Terra first unless you want two of them running around in their rage mode/second form :p

I switched to Pyro because I saw you kind of just running around and figured I would focus on Pyro to avoid having both of them getting enraged. We still ended up fighting them both enraged, though. It was a very pleasant experience.

Edit: I do think breaking the back legs will help since then he'll just peel out everytime he charges. That's why I used my special on his foot.

ramyeon

I switched to Pyro because I saw you kind of just running around and figured I would focus on Pyro to avoid having two of the getting enraged. We still ended up fighting them both enraged, though. It was a very pleasant experience.

Edit: I do think breaking the back legs will help since then he'll just peel out everytime he charges. That's why I used my special on his foot.
Haha yeah sorry about that, I got a phone call and had to run around aimlessly to keep my Vita awake. Which was useless anyway I guess cause when I got back it turned off almost straight away because of having no battery D:

Back legs would definitely help though yeah, I don't really have any need for Terragrinder mats so I don't mind breaking all his parts or not either if that makes it quicker to take him out.

Shengar

Damn, Mitama leveling is brutal for your haku D:
My SPT setup is pretty decent, but my Dual Knives is laughably bad. I wonder if I should stick to DCT or try SPD instead.

Ohh...Minamoto no Yoshitsune is speed. Now I'm interested too. I need a couple minutes.

Edit: ....Level 3 and he's already everything I've ever wanted. What are his other skills? No, screw it, I'll just buy them all and then reload my save.

ramyeon

Might take a break for now guys, need to go eat and do some errands. Good stuff though, already at Phase 9!

I'm thinking of ditching SPT mitama for SPD... I seem to be using my O special a lot more than the SPT moves recently and since it's a constant drain on my focus gauge I'm not getting the most out of it that I could be. So much stuff to spend money on and not enough to go around :/

Might take a break for now guys, need to go eat and do some errands. Good stuff though, already at Phase 9!

I'm thinking of ditching SPT mitama for SPD... I seem to be using my O special a lot more than the SPT moves recently and since it's a constant drain on my focus gauge I'm not getting the most out of it that I could be. So much stuff to spend money on and not enough to go around :/

If you're thinking of switching to speed, then definitely check out the mitama we just got. He is fucking ridiculous.

Shengar

Ohh...Minamoto no Yoshitsune is speed. Now I'm interested too. I need a couple minutes.

Edit: ....Level 3 and he's already everything I've ever wanted. What are his other skills? No, screw it, I'll just buy them all and then reload my save.

At what chapter Abyssal Fiend and Hell's Sentinel come available? It's strange to see Sableblade come first before them.

Scher

He also gets Expert Destroyer later on, but that can easily be gotten with something else. I also only took it to level 3.

At what chapter Abyssal Fiend and Hell's Sentinel come available? It's strange to see Sableblade come first before them.

Hell's Sentinel is at the end of phase 7 and Abyssal Fiend is at the end of phase 8.

ramyeon

If you're thinking of switching to speed, then definitely check out the mitama we just got. He is fucking ridiculous.
Haha what kinda boosts does he give? Noticed he costs a lot to level up even from level 1, must be pretty decent then!

I think all the armour finally showed up in my blacksmith now, so much to make... and then there's all the weapon upgrades as well ha.

Scher

Haha what kinda boosts does he give? Noticed he costs a lot to level up even from level 1, must be pretty decent then!

I think all the armour finally showed up in my blacksmith now, so much to make... and then there's all the weapon upgrades as well ha.

First three levels are Swordsmanship, Devastation, and Master Destroyer.

He also gets Expert Destroyer later on, but that can easily be gotten with something else. I also only took it to level 3.

Hell's Sentinel is at the end of phase 7 and Abyssal Fiend is at the end of phase 8.

His final skill is utterly ridiculous for my build.

Vigor+(Wraith): Increases the amount the weapon gauge rises while using Vigor.

Vigor makes me attack at 2x speed, and I also have Vigot+(Nimble) which speeds it up even further. Works with the circle spam punches.

ramyeon

First three levels are Swordsmanship, Devastation, and Master Destroyer.
I wonder how useful SPD is at the end of the day on a Sword build. Might just have to try it out I guess, the SPT stuff feels less and less useful the more I progress though.

Well guys, I now only have 324 Haku left and I had to sell all my Otherworldly Debris, but I am now in my true final form for gauntlets. I lost Verity Lv. 3 and 2 casts of Agility (bringing me down from 16 to 14 casts) but my build is now:

Expert Destroyer - Faster weapon gauge gain.
Agility (Stock+3) - This is the skill that lets me eat a hit taking no damage and no flinching every 15 seconds.
Agility+ (Dual) - This lets me eat two hits instead of one with Agility.
SPD Master (Reduce) - Everything that uses stamina uses even less stamina (speed style mitama lessen stamina consumption to begin with).
Vigor+ (Nimble) - Increases attack speed by an even larger amount while using Vigor.
Vigor+ (Wraith) - Increases the amount the weapon gauge increases while using Vigor.
Vigor (Time +10s) - Self explanatory.
Devastation - Increased damage on all crits.
Swordsmanship - All crits boost the weapon gauge.

Scher, thank you for dragging my ass with you to get Yoshitsune.

Scher

Goddammit, that's a lot of mission :/
How many missions have you guys played this session?

I want to say we did about 9 or 10 missions, along with a repeat due to battery.

Scher, thank you for dragging my ass with you to get Yoshitsune.

Glad to see it's of use to you. I never even knew what that last ability was because I never bothered checking anything that wasn't in the defense style.

I'm looking forward to testing out my new build, now. The abilities I have are:

Expert Destroyer
Master Destroyer
Swordsmanship
Devastation
Taunt+ (Swift) - Speed increase when using taunt
Taunt+ (Damage) - Damage increase when using taunt
Tranquility - Large defense increase, but slower speed
Assertion
Stamina (Lv. 3)

Once I put some more money into Benkei, I'll probably replace Assertion with the taunt ability that fills up my defense bar while using taunt. Also, I would prefer to have something a bit more applicable than Stamina (Lv. 3), but I don't know any other mitamas that have a set of abilities I would like to use.

I'm looking forward to testing out my new build, now. The abilities I have are:

Expert Destroyer
Master Destroyer
Swordsmanship
Devastation
Taunt+ (Swift) - Speed increase when using taunt
Taunt+ (Damage) - Damage increase when using taunt
Tranquility - Large defense increase, but slower speed
Assertion
Stamina (Lv. 3)

Once I put some more money into Benkei, I'll probably replace Assertion with the taunt ability that fills up my defense bar while using taunt. Also, I would prefer to have something a bit more applicable than Stamina (Lv. 3), but I don't know any other mitamas that have a set of abilities I would like to use.

Sexy looking build. I also can't wait to try mine, but I need to pacify one of my Mitama, actually. Gonna take Ebullience out of him. I'm sure he has something else that's better than that. I'm so rarely at 100% stamina that Ebullience is a waste, so I'll even take like Attack Up or Defense Up or something basic like that.

Top Bottom