• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

We're on a break at the moment.

In other news, I pacified Hideyoshi and re-leveled him, and now instead of Ebullience, I have Vigor (Time +10s), so now Vigor+(Nimble) and Vigor+(Wraith) are even more ridiculous.

Now it's finally time to test this out.

ramyeon

Any suggestions for Mitama to use along with Minamoto for a good SPD setup? I just tested out Minamoto on the Chapter 1 Manhunter for a quick mission and finished him off in like a minute and a half, his limbs were flying off after just seconds of spamming my O special.

Probably interested in having Fervor since I've heard that's great but other than that I literally have no idea about what skills are best for a SPD setup.

Any suggestions for Mitama to use along with Minamoto for a good SPD setup? I just tested out Minamoto on the Chapter 1 Manhunter for a quick mission and finished him off in like a minute and a half, his limbs were flying off after just seconds of spamming my O special.

Probably interested in having Fervor since I've heard that's great but other than that I literally have no idea about what skills are best for a SPD setup.

I highly recommend skills that boost agility and/or vigor. Energy is nice for faster stamina regen and movement speed boost, but I find that it's fine even at base levels. Swiftness, and the Energy+ skill that sets your movement speed to max makes me way too hard to control, in my opinion, but your mileage may vary (lulz, speed, mileage, get it?).

Other than those, decide whether you want to prioritize offense or defense and go from there. I'm a damage whore so I'm loaded with crit boosting abilities and abilities that make the weapon gauge fill faster.

Edit: Forgot to address what you said. Fervor is indeed fantastic if you have high precision, or are using gauntlets. If I had Fervor, Ebullience would actually be good since gauntlets with fervor basically have infinite stamina.

Edit 2:

any benefits for leveling many mitamas or can you just stick to your favorites?

Ideally you would want to pick and level mitama based on what passive skills they give you.

Seil

Do you utilize precision? Because fervor's kind of pointless if you aren't dishing out crits.

Edit: Edit ninja'd lol

ramyeon

I highly recommend skills that boost agility and/or vigor. Energy is nice for faster stamina regen and movement speed boost, but I find that it's fine even at base levels. Swiftness, and the Energy+ skill that sets your movement speed to max makes me way too hard to control, in my opinion, but your mileage may vary (lulz, speed, mileage, get it?).

Other than those, decide whether you want to prioritize offense or defense and go from there. I'm a damage whore so I'm loaded with crit boosting abilities and abilities that make the weapon gauge fill faster.

Edit: Forgot to address what you said. Fervor is indeed fantastic if you have high precision, or are using gauntlets. If I had Fervor, Ebullience would actually be good since gauntlets with fervor basically have infinite stamina.
Are you using 3 SPD mitama or have you mixed and matched with some other types that have suitable passive abilities? Thinking of going with Kajiwara Kagetoki for Fervor, although his other passives don't seem that hot (Levelled him up to 10 and he's got Energy Stock +2, Fervor, Verity lv3). No idea who to use for the third.

Kensuke

I use dual swords and I'm running an attack build at the moment. Thinking about changing it to speed, because I hear that also fits DS really well.

Current set up:
Swiftness
Chain (this one will be replaced by Attack lvl. 3 or 4 soon)
Verty lv 3.
Protection lv.3
Fervor
Chance (really good skill, as I were using agility)
Master Destroyer
Devastation
Swordmanship

I have a lot of crit skills, which obviously suit gauntlets better. However, I'm really attached to my carnage+might+endless crit spinning combo.

Are you using 3 SPD mitama or have you mixed and matched with some other types that have suitable passive abilities? Thinking of going with Kajiwara Kagetoki for Fervor, although his other passives don't seem that hot (Levelled him up to 10 and he's got Energy Stock +2, Fervor, Verity lv3). No idea who to use for the third.

I'm using three speed types: Yoshitsune, Toyotomi Hideyoshi, and Taira no Kiyomori.

I highly recommend Hideyoshi because he'll get you Agility+ (Dual) which makes your triangle skill eat 2 attacks (no damage/no flinching) instead of just 1. My Hideyoshi also has Vigor+ (Nimble) which makes you attack even faster with the speed circle skill, and Vigor (Time +10s).

I use dual swords and I'm running an attack build at the moment. Thinking about changing it to speed, because I hear that also fits DS really well.

*Snip*

I have a lot of crit skills, which obviously suit gauntlets better. However, I'm really attached to my carnage+might+endless crit spinning combo.

Huh, never even thought of combining Carnage and Fervor. Nice idea.

I just tried out my build on chapter 1 Manhunter. I could break his limbs in 2 punches. I finished in 1:02. Yes, not the best measuring stick, but god DAMN, that damage.

Shengar

Holy goodness, fight against Pteryx and Blade with dual blade is a pain in the ass mostly because the former have spinning attack that unavoidable if you up mid air and the latter for being able to damage you with the slightes movement. Those who use dual knives or C&S, how do you deal with enemies attack while mid-air? It's fun, but getting kicked just because you can't avoid attack mid air is frustating.

Seil

Holy goodness, fight against Pteryx and Blade with dual blade is a pain in the ass mostly because the former have spinning attack that unavoidable if you up mid air and the latter for being able to damage you with the slightes movement. Those who use dual knives or C&S, how do you deal with enemies attack while mid-air? It's fun, but getting kicked just because you can't avoid attack mid air is frustating.

Though I'm currently a bow user, that was one of the big boons of using SPD Mitama with knives. Agility lets you soak up one(or more if traited) hits completely unfazed which is a huge deal for aerial combat, especially for twin knives which are basically stuck with a vertical fall as their only option.

Kensuke

Yeah, air time is tough with a few enemies. Pteryx is unavoidable, so I recommend sticking to the ground when he's in his first form. You can hit most of his parts from the ground anyway.

With the Blades the trick is to stick to his back and to get as high as possible. So high you get above his head when you hit triangle. It helps avoiding some of his attacks. He will still often hit you though.

Shengar

Though I'm currently a bow user, that was one of the big boons of using SPD Mitama with knives. Agility lets you soak up one(or more if traited) hits completely unfazed which is a huge deal for aerial combat, especially for twin knives which are basically stuck with a vertical fall as their only option.
Yeah, I'm on the edge switching over to SPD from DCT. DCT backstab passive is great, but with bosses constantly rolling over and jump around it's hard to hit them from behind. Not counting the likes of Pteryx.
Yeah, air time is tough with a few enemies. Pteryx is unavoidable, so I recommend sticking to the ground when he's in his first form. You can hit most of his parts from the ground anyway.

With the Blades the trick is to stick to his back and to get as high as possible. So high you get above his head when you hit triangle. It helps avoiding some of his attacks. He will still often hit you though.
Its second form is no better since it always moving around like squirming worm. I can hardly hits its horn in that form. Though I noticed that when enraged Pteryx wouldn't use any spinning rise attack. Oftenly it just plain flying to the air when its about to deal some aerial attack.

Seil

any advise where to find Shadow Soul? haha

If you're just looking to kill one for the quest, do the training session on hidden enemies.

If you're looking for them for their drops etc, well... I still haven't seen ANY of the hidden enemies out in the wild and I do scans extremely frequently x.x

No idea. The almighty item search tool doesn't know either. It's one of the missing ones:

https://googledrive.com/host/0B-Wqs6pafiO0TVktNkdrTGlDTlU/itemsearch.html

Shadow Souls are the golden skull enemies you have to use the Eye of Truth to see.

ramyeon

If you're just looking to kill one for the quest, do the training session on hidden enemies.

If you're looking for them for their drops etc, well... I still haven't seen ANY of the hidden enemies out in the wild and I do scans extremely frequently x.x
I've seen ONE Shadow Soul at the very end of a fight... Had seconds left on the clock and managed to get it just in time to get a Mitama from it, couldn't purify the body though.

I need White Snakeskins but I have never seen a single Umbrapod :/

I've seen ONE Shadow Soul at the very end of a fight... Had seconds left on the clock and managed to get it just in time to get a Mitama from it, couldn't purify the body though.

There was an Umbrapod at the end of our phase 8 Astrapteryx but it had so much health I couldn't kill it before the timer ran out after killing Astra.

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member

Just start making a habit of using truth vision in every area you enter. I think I've even come across one during one of those single area boss battles. Check every corner, It definately helps if speed the process if you have your camera sensitivity up. I used to find it a chore to look behind me before I turned up the sensitivity...

ramyeon

There was an Umbrapod at the end of our phase 8 Astrapteryx but it had so much health I couldn't kill it before the timer ran out after killing Astra.
Ahh damn, didn't even see it haha. I have a feeling it's gonna be a long time before I get the Snakeskins I need from them :p

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
I've almost maxed out everyones relationship. I found this. The best way to max out their relationship is by doing the quests under their name. After completing that all you have to do is talk to them and take them out a few times before they call you their soul mate, after which they give you some special one of a kind item. I haven't found any use for them though...

Yeah, my group destroyed phase 8 in one sitting, but then we got Minamoto no Yoshitsune and the room fell apart because we all got sidetracked improving our Mitama skill builds. I'm done for the night now.

I've almost maxed out everyones relationship. I found this. The best way to max out their relationship is by doing the quests under their name. After completing that all you have to do is talk to them and take them out a few times before they call you their soul mate, after which they give you some special one of a kind item. I haven't found any use for them though...

Minor correction. The only way to max out a person's relationship is to finish their quest line (if they have one). When you do the last quest, you get a letter from them (at your desk in your house) and the special item is attached to the letter.

The special items are used to create their weapon (as in, the weapon they themselves use). Not 100% sure what the special items from non-combatant npcs are for.

Seil

I've just got Shusui, Yamato and Shikimi to go and they're all just one stage away. Kind of having to just grind them up by talking to them every mission.

The items are used to craft weapons, though you need an item from Ex Dark Aurwings before they'll appear I believe.

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
Minor correction. The only way to max out a person's relationship is to finish their quest line (if they have one). When you do the last quest, you get a letter from them (at your desk in your house) and the special item is attached to the letter.

The special items are used to create their weapon (as in, the weapon they themselves use). Not 100% sure what the special items from non-combatant npcs are for.

I've just got Shusui, Yamato and Shikimi to go and they're all just one stage away. Kind of having to just grind them up by talking to them every mission.

The items are used to craft weapons, though you need an item from Ex Dark Aurwings before they'll appear I believe.

I was doing that too, except I had Ibuki and Shikimi and Yamato to go, and got their soulmate as soon as I turned in that Ibuki quest, and the Dragon pearl quest for shikimi.

As for Yamato, I have finished all his quests (At least I assume so because all of the his quests are Boss Trials and the last one (4) states its the "final trial") and still no letter from him. This leads me to believe you have to be their soulmate, not just completing their quests in order to get a letter and that item from them.

He is the very last person I need to get to like me. So I talk to him about training, try to bathe with him, and brag about the medals I have after every mission...

I was doing that too, except I had Ibuki and Shikimi and Yamato to go, and got their soulmate as soon as I turned in that Ibuki quest, and the Dragon pearl quest for shikimi.

As for Yamato, I have finished all his quests (At least I assume so because all of the his quests are Boss Trials and the last one (4) states its the "final trial") and still no letter from him. This leads me to believe you have to be their soulmate, not just completing their quests in order to get a letter and that item from them.

He is the very last person I need to get to like me. So I talk to him about training, try to bathe with him, and brag about the medals I have after every mission...

In my case, I've been stuck at Unbreakable Bonds with multiple npcs until I cleared their final quest. It's probably both, then.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Assuming "soulmate" is the sign of a max relationship, this is incorrect, as I have a bunch of people, Oka, Nagi, and Hatsuho all in soulmate status even before I finished all their questline.

I believe taking them to missions also raise their bond with you, as I have seen firsthand Oka's status transformed into Soulmate all of a sudden after I did a mission with her.

Now, the question is, will the bond also raised when bringing them on MPs? I am not sure, but I don't think so.

Assuming "soulmate" is the sign of a max relationship, this is incorrect, as I have a bunch of people, Oka, Nagi, and Hatsuho all in soulmate status even before I finished all their questline.

I believe taking them to missions also raise their bond with you, as I have seen firsthand Oka's status transformed into Soulmate all of a sudden after I did a mission with her.

Now, the question is, will the bond also raised when bringing them on MPs? I am not sure, but I don't think so.

Okay, but did you get the letter with their special item without finishing their questline?

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member

Yeah that is true. I still have Fugaku and hayatori quests to do. But it is safe to say that if the relationships are "point based" then you get a lot more "points" from doing their quests. I took Ibuki out on dates a billion times and at unbreakable bond status, and nothing, and it wasnt until i turned in that 7 pale aurwing quest that did it. I was hitting on shikimi after every mission too, and she still friendzoned me, until I gave her dragon pearls for a quest...

bitches love dragon pearls.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Okay, but did you get the letter with their special item without finishing their questline?

Nope, but since I got True Love trophy with Nagi wayyyy before I get the letter for her for her bow's ingredients, I think it is a pretty safe assumption that you don't need to actually finish your party's questlines to get that 'max bond'--only if you want to get the ingredients of their weapons.

It could just be completely separate. Like, relationship status maxes at Soulmate, and you get points toward this by talking to them, bringing them on missions, and you get huge bonuses by doing their quests, but the special item is just tied to quest line completion completely independent of relationship status.

I dunno. Have you guys ever gotten a special item from an npc who HAS a quest line, but you got them to Soulmate without completing their quest line?

Like for example, I have Tatara at Soulmate, but I haven't gotten his special item yet because I haven't finished his quest line.

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member

Hmm this is strange. You might be right because I have yet to get Fugakus item, unless he is a selfish greedy bastard who is ungreatful for our soulmate relationship. I still have quests for him, but we are soulmates already, although, no item. However, there is that yamato case, of no item, yet all quests are done, unless there is another quest hes hiding from me.

What is your last yamato quest?

Hmm this is strange. You might be right because I have yet to get Fugakus item, unless he is a selfish greedy bastard who is ungreatful for our soulmate relationship. I still have quests for him, but we are soulmates already, although, no item. However, there is that yamato case, of no item, yet all quests are done, unless there is another quest hes hiding from me.

What is your last yamato quest?

The one that's a number (4). But even if it says final, he may have a new line afterward. Are you done with all offline chapters?

For example, in Fugaku's case, he has a quest line called Fugaku and the Kids, and the last one is (4), but after you finish that one, he has a 2nd line that restarts at (1), but that one only has 2 parts. Once you finish the 2nd part, you should get his special item. I got it today.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It could just be completely separate. Like, relationship status maxes at Soulmate, and you get points toward this by talking to them, bringing them on missions, and you get huge bonuses by doing their quests, but the special item is just tied to quest line completion completely independent of relationship status.

I dunno. Have you guys ever gotten a special item from an npc who HAS a quest line, but you got them to Soulmate without completing their quest line?

Like for example, I have Tatara at Soulmate, but I haven't gotten his special item yet because I haven't finished his quest line.

Nah, I believe Soulmate status is independent to the questlines, *but* those special items can only be gotten through finishing questlines.

Speaking of Tatara, how big is the max storage? Because I am at 500 now and the game already bugging me every now and then to sell stuff after missions, bloody annoying.

Nah, I believe Soulmate status is independent to the questlines, *but* those special items can only be gotten through finishing questlines.

Speaking of Tatara, how big is the max storage? Because I am at 500 now and the game already bugging me every now and then to sell stuff after missions, bloody annoying.

That's exactly what I was trying to say XD. Well, besides quests giving a boost to relationship. But I was at Unbreakable Bonds with Fugaku, turned in his last quest, and now we're Soulmates.

And I'm not sure what max storage is. I'm stuck at 500 because these goddamn Edax Hornbits. I only have 1 so far.

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
The one that's a number (4). But even if it says final, he may have a new line afterward.

For example, in Fugaku's case, he has a quest line called Fugaku and the Kids, and the last one is (4), but after you finish that one, he has a 2nd line that restarts at (1), but that one only has 2 parts. Once you finish the 2nd part, you should get his special item. I got it today.

Hmm wellp, I suppose you're right. That would only make it fit the order of things, and make sense. Hafta press on in the chapters then. Although I must say, these later chapters are pretty hard. I even went on a multiplayer mission (phase 4 single player) with npcs, and they all kept dying, and I have to keep reviving them, only for them to faint again. Good thing they don't retreat and lose one of your tries when their circle thing empties out.

Abylim

Anyone up for some Sablelade? phase 7-2, would love to have some others with me.

I hate hate hate him, and Blade/Frostwing

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
That's exactly what I was trying to say XD. Well, besides quests giving a boost to relationship. But I was at Unbreakable Bonds with Fugaku, turned in his last quest, and now we're Soulmates.

And I'm not sure what max storage is. I'm stuck at 500 because these goddamn Edax Hornbits. I only have 1 so far.

I am at the same exact situation.

I am just afraid that in the even of me getting very rare stuff from the Guardian Tree--and this happens quite often--the items will be voided if I have a full storage.

Hmm wellp, I suppose you're right. That would only make it fit the order of things, and make sense. Hafta press on in the chapters then. Although I must say, these later chapters are pretty hard. I even went on a multiplayer mission (phase 4 single player) with npcs, and they all kept dying, and I have to keep reviving them, only for them to faint again. Good thing they don't retreat and lose one of your tries when their circle thing empties out.

Speaking of, the 3x retreat mission failed limit applies to the whole team, yeah, not per single individual character? So say three folks died in an MP session and all retreated, it should be a game-over, yeah? Because I once had that exact thing happened to me.

I am at the same exact situation.

I am just afraid that in the even of me getting very rare stuff from the Guardian Tree--and this happens quite often--the items will be voided if I have a full storage.

Speaking of, the 3x retreat mission failed limit applies to the whole team, yeah, not per single individual character? So say three folks died in an MP session and all retreated, it should be a game-over, yeah? Because I once had that exact thing happened to me.

Yep, if you have a three person party of real people, and all three of you get one shot at the same time, it's mission failed, just like Monster Hunter. Still more lenient than MH though since you can pick each other up here.

So what the hell is up with Edax Hornbits anyway? Just fought him like 5 times in a row and haven't got a single one.

I fought him 4 times before quitting for the night and got 1. I don't bother with the all parts break any more. I get my special, knock him down, instantly take the horns, and then go for the kill. 5-ish minute process.

ramyeon

I fought him 4 times before quitting for the night and got 1. I don't bother with the all parts break any more. I get my special, knock him down, instantly take the horns, and then go for the kill. 5-ish minute process.
Yeah I've been doing pretty much the same thing, I've been less lucky though. Still have a big fat 0. Probably the only drop I've had trouble getting so far.

JimPanzer

...whyyy are you doing this while I am still at the office :(((((((((((((((((((((

It's hard as hell to find someone around phase 9 / 10 to do MP together :((((((((

I'm stuck in phase 9-3 too and can't find anyone to progress. Are you around for some MP when I get home from university in about 4 hours?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I'm stuck in phase 9-3 too and can't find anyone to progress. Are you around for some MP when I get home from university in about 4 hours?

Yep. Barring extraordinary circumstances I should be at home 3-4 hours from now, ready to play :) I am still at 9-1 though, I should raise it to 9-3 at least so you don't have to go back to progress.

Anyone else, join us too!

Let's just hope we are not bugged again by errors this time :(

Top Bottom