• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trackmania Turbo |OT| It's Turbo Time!

Inside

Guess that stuff is just broken. That sucks, makes the ranking system much less interesting.

It's very annoying that the ranking is broken. I am no. 1 in Denmark according to the stats and I'm not even halfway through the game (have 10 trackmaster, 50 gold etc) so must be someone who is further in the game than me.

Have heard of many who is ranking no 1 in UK at the same time also :(

How is this game? Just got $40 on PSN and this looks like a hell of a lot of fun.

Downloading the demo, but don't be able to play for an hour. Just want to hear some quick impressions.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
It's very annoying that the ranking is broken. I am no. 1 in Denmark according to the stats and I'm not even halfway through the game (have 10 trackmaster, 50 gold etc) so must be someone who is further in the game than me.

Have heard of many who is ranking no 1 in UK at the same time also :(

That's terrible. Makes the whole thing worthless. If it says I'm #1 I don't want there to be 10 other people who are also #1.

5taquitos

Plex can do Google Play Music? Didn't know that, that's cool. Do you need Plex Premium for that?

No, you can use the free version. You just need to install a custom Google Play Music channel from the Plex forums. I can write up a guide later tonight after I'm done with Easter shit.

Paganmoon

Does it still say that for you? Mine says I'm #1, have even restarted the game. I never saw it drop to #2 at all.

Says I'm 3rd in Sweden in-game, what are the chances of top 3 in Sweden being on Gaf? I think it's sort of broken :) Maybe different rankings per platform maybe, you both on Playstation?

Also, says I'm 1018:th on the website, as it's not updating my stats at all... :(

epmode

On PC it seems like tm2 is a better buy?

Yeah, I'd say so. If you're going to be building courses, TM2 is actually designed around a mouse so it's superior there. You also get crazy mods, player-owned servers and the replay editor.

Turbo's worth a buy on PC to get a look at the Lagoon environment before it's moved to TM2. Turbo also has a far better UI, especially for controllers, and I like the silly aesthetic differences in the environmental design.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
No, you can use the free version. You just need to install a custom Google Play Music channel from the Plex forums. I can write up a guide later tonight after I'm done with Easter shit.

Cool! How does that even work? Does it somehow scrape your GMusic library and create a DLNA library from it? Do I need to give it my Google password? Not sure about that, if so.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Says I'm 3rd in Sweden in-game, what are the chances of top 3 in Sweden being on Gaf? I think it's sort of broken :) Maybe different rankings per platform maybe, you both on Playstation?

Also, says I'm 1018:th on the website, as it's not updating my stats at all... :(

Yeah, the site hasn't been updated for over 12 hours. Super useful thing, that.

Don Lapre

Yeah, I'd say so. If you're going to be building courses, TM2 is actually designed around a mouse so it's superior there. You also get crazy mods, player-owned servers and the replay editor.

Turbo's worth a buy on PC to get a look at the Lagoon environment before it's moved to TM2. Turbo also has a far better UI, especially for controllers, and I like the silly aesthetic differences in the environmental design.

Thanks tm2 is only $20 right now so I'll grab that

5taquitos

Cool! How does that even work? Does it somehow scrape your GMusic library and create a DLNA library from it? Do I need to give it my Google password? Not sure about that, if so.

Exactly that. With Google 2-step you use an app-specific password, so it doesn't have your actual Google password. Still a risk to be sure, but the code is open.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
So the website only updates stats once a day? It hasn't updated since around 5 AM GMT this morning, and it's now past 7:30 PM GMT. Useless.

Exactly that. With Google 2-step you use an app-specific password, so it doesn't have your actual Google password. Still a risk to be sure, but the code is open.

Ok!

Freeman76

Just learned you can spin or do flips in the beginning with the "nascar" to get turbo

Never knew that! This game is something else, i have always been pretty good at tricky time trial games, i have several top 200 times over all the games, best i ever got was 11th on an evo track, im up to race 65 and this is kicking my arse.

Ozorov

Never knew that! This game is something else, i have always been pretty good at tricky time trial games, i have several top 200 times over all the games, best i ever got was 11th on an evo track, im up to race 65 and this is kicking my arse.

Haha yeah. The signs around the tracks that says "Easy to learn. Hard to master" isn't lying :D

jesu

What does it mean when I try and play online and it says

"The connection to the Trackmania Servers failed, please try again later"

Is it down for everyone on xbox or just me?

edit, rebooted my xbox, seems to be working now.
phew

Freeman76

What does it mean when I try and play online and it says

"The connection to the Trackmania Servers failed, please try again later"

Is it down for everyone on xbox or just me?

edit, rebooted my xbox, seems to be working now.
phew

This happens on ps4 if i go into standby

Xyber

Fuck any and all servers who allow the stunt mode. I hate it.

I also don't like Valley at all, car controls like shit on dirt.

*Splinter

Fuck any and all servers who allow the stunt mode. I hate it.

I also don't like Valley at all, car controls like shit on dirt.
You can tell before you join by the symbol on the right. I think it's red for stint, black for normal. Maybe the other way round...

There are a couple of other modes too but they are rare

UGHHHH. I played the Demo, and it's a lot of fun but idk if I want to buy it or keep the $40 I have on PSN for something else...

Like that was some fun shit right there, and a great party game.

Paganmoon

Campaign mode is annoying though, only want to play drift and stadium, but have to trudge through damned Dirt Valley and Lagoon...

*Splinter

Campaign mode is annoying though, only want to play drift and stadium, but have to trudge through damned Dirt Valley and Lagoon...
Kind of feel the same, although valley is finally growing on me (only took until red series...)

But yeah the progression is stupid in this game

RoadHazard

Gold Member
My game has stopped showing my global and track ranking after finishing a track. Just another broken thing, I guess. Hope we get a patch soon.

You can tell before you join by the symbol on the right. I think it's red for stint, black for normal. Maybe the other way round...

There are a couple of other modes too but they are rare

Black is stunt mode. Which I will never, ever voluntarily do. Terrible addition to the series, just like when they added FMX to Trials. Get out of here with that trash.

Xyber

Same here, I like Canyon the most because I find drifting the most fun. No squirmy cars that have their life of their own when you turn a little bit.

Lagoon is fine as long as you don't have to drive on dirt though.

I'm definitely glad I got this for 10 on Amazon during a price error since I don't really like half of the content. :p

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I wish the UI would show you the gold times after you get a silver, or a time delta so you can know how far away you are from it. If I'm close I might retry, but if I barely scraped the silver I'd just settle. Right now you have no idea

Paganmoon

I wish the UI would show you the gold times after you get a silver, or a time delta so you can know how far away you are from it. If I'm close I might retry, but if I barely scraped the silver I'd just settle. Right now you have no idea

Yeah, I usually start a challenge on Gold after a Silver, and check the time that way, but totally agree that there should be info about how far you were from Gold when you finish the track.

Also need more info/better info displayed in online play. Should have your time displayed in LARGE letters, in the middle of your screen, after you finish the track, with info about how far off you are from leader, or how far off you were from your best time.
Right now it shows leaderboard for a few seconds, with your best time, and your current time, in small letters under the leaderboard, so it's hard to see how far off you were on your best time. And no easy way of seeing how far you are from the leader.

They however thought it'd be a great idea, spamming the left side of your screen with "Hello!" messages from 100 players whenever someone joins the server...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Does the game have analogue steering or can you use the dpad? Finding the beetle type car on the dirt tracks so difficult to keep in a straight line - even tiny taps make a big change

Tizoc

Does the game have analogue steering or can you use the dpad? Finding the beetle type car on the dirt tracks so difficult to keep in a straight line - even tiny taps make a big change
What do u mean by analog steering?

Top Bottom