• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tragically Hip Tour Documentary

CKB3375

I know The Hip haven't been super popular outside of Canada and border provinces but for those who have heard of them, a documentary was filmed to chronicle their "last" tour after Gord Downie, the lead singer, was diagnosed with glioblastoma, an aggressive and terminal brain cancer.

Even if you're not a fan of the music, or heard of The Hip, the man himself cannot help but be incredibly inspiring with how he has battled this diagnosis and how he has chosen to live his life - fighting for the rights of our indigenous people and trying to make things right.

In a time when the headlines are dominated by the Donald Trumps of the world give this man your time to watch what he's all about. He's a real life super hero.

Gord, fucking, Downie.

https://www.facebook.com/ctv/videos/1748029948546706/

I was lucky enough to attend the final show of the tour in Kingston and it was awesome. Gord is a real class act.

Youtube mirror for the trailer: The Tragically Hip Feature Film

I made a thread for his Secret Path album, graphic novel, and animated film project that he did with visual artist Jeff Lemire. It tells a story of Chanie Wenjack's ill-fated attempt to escape from an Indian Residential School. It's incredibly moving, and helps to shine a light on a part of Canada's dark history. Proceeds from the sale of Secret Path will go to The Gord Downie Secret Path Fund for Truth and Reconciliation via The National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation at The University of Manitoba.

Gord Downie's The Secret Path

CKB3375

I was lucky enough to attend the final show of the tour in Kingston and it was awesome. Gord is a real class act.

Although I didn't get a chance to go to the Kingston show I consider myself incredibly lucky to have seen the first and last Toronto shows on the tour. The atmosphere was unlike anything I have ever experienced in my life and I've been to a LOT of concerts.

Even though I didn't get to Kingston just watching it with friends, and half of all of Canada, was an incredibly emotional event that I'll remember forever. The day Canada stopped everything and payed tribute to an absolute legend.

https://youtu.be/ghLk-BhT-P8

Top Bottom